JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

HAMMER TIME AT THE VMA'S

I know that there are a good bit of MC Hammer fans on this board. Did y'all check that mini VMA performance?!? Outta nowhere, Puffy just introduces him, and next thing u know, MC Hammer and a squad of dancers are on stage tearing it up 2 a updated and remixed version of "U Can't Touch This." Since Puffy asked all the people involved in the show 2 dress 2 impress, Hammer's whole team outshined most of the people were on stage that nite. Hammer waz in a smooth gray suit, untucked dress shirt, pink tie, and a white due rap....with signature sunglasses. Their moves were tight and even tho' he really ripped one version, Hammer waz tight on the mic. All i can say is "WOW." Immidiatly, Black Eyed Peas got 2 the feet and lost their minds. Alicia Keys, John Legend, Destinty's Child, Kanye West and half of the other celebs there got 2 their feet and the crowd went wild.

Man, he's needs 2 come back and remind people how much energy Hip-Hop used 2 have.

I loved they way some of the celibritys were excited. BEP went go go and K.West was like daamn

I almost peed my pants in excitement, especially after Grandmaster Flash was rippin' the wheels, that was easily the highlight of the night, they were showin' these commercial rappers like 50 Cent and Mike Jones how to rock a house! :mygod:

Me want vid!

:lolsign: I think we all feel a lil' let down 'cause we didn't see the video but it'll come soon, I wish that JJFP were hiding backstage ready to come out and premiere the video, that'd made the night perfect, I could only dream I guess. :davidblaine:

Edited by bigted

I'll never say that Puffy makes some of the best Rap/Hip-Hop music. But he dose love and respect real Hip-Hop...at least old skool. He masterminded that MC Hammer performance and i wouldn't be surprised if he had something 2 do with Grandmaster Flash helping bridgy the show. Puff definitly did a decent job handeling the show.