JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tell me why release

After a few months.. i get very happy reading the big hiphopboards like SOHH or AHH and finding out how much people like L&F. Even if he doesn't sell so much this album got him a couple of new fans in the hiphop crowd.

Now the thing is everywhere i read that Tell me why should be the next single, that people outside his hardcore fanbase like that song most. in AHH you can read people saying he'll go platinum with releasing that one.

My question is; Do you think the song will be released? PS should've come out in like june/july. It didn't it premiers in almost September, the time Tell me why suits the best.

So is it possible that Tell me why will be released or is PS the last single of the album?

After a few months.. i get very happy reading the big hiphopboards like SOHH or AHH and finding out how much people like L&F. Even if he doesn't sell so much this album got him a couple of new fans in the hiphop crowd.

Now the thing is everywhere i read that Tell me why should be the next single, that people outside his hardcore fanbase like that song most. in AHH you can read people saying he'll go platinum with releasing that one.

My question is; Do you think the song will be released? PS should've come out in like june/july. It didn't it premiers in almost September, the time Tell me why suits the best.

So is it possible that Tell me why will be released or is PS the last single of the album?

Well, I'm starting to think that regardless of album sales, Will will try his best to release Tell Me Why. He said that be believes that it is one of the best records he has written and he's talked about releasing it and doing a music video as well. He may have to bypass Interscope and use his Overbrook funds, but I don't think Overbrook is lacking, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. When it is released, I'm not sure that it will be much of a factor in album sales, but who knows... As long as people are feeling it, it's all good.

Tell Me Why would have been in a better position had Party Starter come out earlier, but we'll see what happens from here on out.

I think Will's gonna release "Tell Me Why" no matter how much the album sells, he released "1000 Kisses" when "Born To Reign" was long gone from the charts so I don't see why he can't release this one, this track does mean a lot to him and it'd win the most credability in the hip-hop circle 'cause those emotional tracks are the epitomy of hip-hop and would also get the album eventually to platinum status, Will really doesn't follow what everybody else is doing so he'll release it no matter what in my opinion.

i think it all depends on how party starter goes. If party starter sells well then interscope will have every reason to get another single out there and im sure Will would love tell me why released.

From what Tim says the video it gonna be a big one, so i think ps can do well and even tho interscope released it a little late they did get it on the VMAs which is also a very good thing.

If tell me why is released im almost certain the album will go platinum if not much more.

I think it depends somewhat on how Party Starter does. If Party Starter blows up, like it should, then the label probably will willingly release it. If it doesn't, I think he'll release it anyways, kind of like 1,000 Kisses, like Ted said. Either way, eventually, I think he'll put it out.

I think the album might be platinum by Thanksgiving if "Party Starter" gets huge on the charts, wishful thinking you might say but I don't doubt the attention "Party Starter" could attract, I see black radio playing it, there's gonna be more interest in "Lost and Found" and when "Tell Me Why" comes out then it'd do even better, brighter days are ahead, having "Party Starter" premiere at the VMAs is gonna be the same feeling as the album comin' back out again, I can't wait to see it 'cause big things are to come, our patience is gonna pay off! :rockon:

Edited by bigted

I think Will's gonna release "Tell Me Why" no matter how much the album sells, he released "1000 Kisses" when "Born To Reign" was long gone from the charts so I don't see why he can't release this one, this track does mean a lot to him and it'd win the most credability in the hip-hop circle 'cause those emotional tracks are the epitomy of hip-hop and would also get the album eventually to platinum status, Will really doesn't follow what everybody else is doing so he'll release it no matter what in my opinion.

:iagree: and 1 more thing makes me more sure about ''Tell me why '' release is the fact the song is in the list of upcoming singles of that site http://music.gonna.co.uk/singlereleases.htm (and if u check the list u will see most of the songs are already singles) (which site Julie post a long time ago )

so now i am just waiting ... :1-say-yes:

Edited by fresh_from_sofia