JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DMC released 2 singles in July?

bigted

I found this article, I was wondering if anyone heard about DMC releasing singles, I didn't even know that his album was scheduled to come out, I thought Rev. Run's was coming out 1st.

"Prime Multimedia To Release First Two Singles in July

FALL RIVER, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 7, 2005--RomenMpire Records, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Prime Multimedia Inc., is pleased to announce that it will be releasing the first two singles off of DMC's much anticipated solo album this month.

In July, DMC will release two singles ("Machine Gun" and "Watchtower") from his much-anticipated solo album Checks, Thugs and Rock 'n Roll on RomenMpire Records/Rags 2 Riches Records to be distributed domestically by WEA later this year. The album features: Sarah McLachlan, Run, Doug E. Fresh, Gary Dourdan of CSI (!?), Romeo Antonio, Kid Rock, Fieldy (Korn), DJ Lethal, Ms. Jade, Sonny Black and Napoleon (Outlawz). The forthcoming album pays homage to the musical influences of DMC's youth, offering a tribute to the likes of Bob Dylan, Harry Chapin and Jimi Hendrix.

DMC performed his first single "Machine Gun" from his forthcoming solo album as well as a smashing remake of Dylan's classic "Watchtower" at Live 8 in Canada. DMC was joined by Aerosmith's Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and the Car's Elliot Easton and Josh Todd of Buckcherry to perform "Walk this Way," the seminal rock anthem credited with breaking down the cultural barriers between rock and hip-hop and paving the way for artists such as Kid Rock, Korn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.

Portions of this release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Prime Multimedia, Inc. wishes to caution you that there are some factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from historical results or from any results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including but not limited to: Prime Multimedia, Inc.'s ability to perform under existing contracts and obtain additional contracts, Prime Multimedia, Inc.'s ability to develop new products that gain market acceptance, changes in product supply, pricing and customer demand, changes in relationships with, or the financial condition of, key customers or suppliers, changes in government regulations, changes in economic conditions globally and in the communications markets in particular, increased competition, potential product liability, infringement and other claims, and other factors affecting the communications industry generally. Stockholders and other readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date on which they are made. We undertake no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements.

Contacts

Prime Multimedia Inc.

Arastou Mahjoory, 508-679-5071"

1st thing that boggles my mind is DMC performed at Live 8?!?! How come we didn't know about it? Every single one of us tuned in to our regions. I didn't know he could rap rap.

Run and DMC should just do their separate albums and put them together as a double disc. That'd be very convienent.

I remember reading somebody posting on another board about seeing DMC perform on Live 8, I asked him for details and he never replied back, lol. Speaking of Run-Dmc, I saw Rev. Run's video "Mind On The Road" premiered on 106 & Park on Monday, Russell Simmons was there to help premiere it, I think they should release it as a double album like Outkast did with their solo discs.

Chuck D posted something in his new terrordome about wanting to start a campaign to get Rev. Run and DMC back together again on a tour, who could blame him for thinkin' that, hip-hop needs Run-DMC again, I wouldn't mind seeing JJFP touring with them myself:

"RUN-DMC are hitting us up from 2 angles. REV RUN can't do no wrong and Mind On The Road is an example, DMC 'Machine Gun'is from his upcoming album. Now I’m trying to figure why couldn't somebody like DJ Hurricane fill in for Jmj? Every show would be a dedication, and the show must go on I would think. If the Wailers can go on without BOB, the WHO without MOON, Ent whistle even EWF w/o Maurice..well yall know the rest. Think about Hurricane, a member of the Hollis Crew, The Afros, Beastie Boy DJ, Davy Dmc, c’mon send me some email..lets get a campaign...PE will even open up for that....hit me."

Chuck D posts his email there too: Mistachuck@rapstation.com

It'd be surprising to see DMC release a solo album 'cause he wasn't really that involved on Run-Dmc's last album, maybe his voice is holding stronger now.

DMC's solo stuff isn't gonna be like the old Run-DMC stuff. His solo stuff is supposed 2 be like Hip-Hop folk rock. Not exactly what i want from him, but i'll judge after i hear it. As a Run-DMC supporter, i got his back with whatever he dose.

Yeah that's what it's supposed to be but anything from Run-Dmc will be better than any of the crap out now, Rev. Run's "Mind On The Road" sounds like the typical Run-DMC rap-rock type track, I doubt it's gonna be a straight rock album like somebody here said, DMC will be experimenting more, they're the ol' school version of Andre 3000 and Big Boi, they both got different styles.

Yeah I heard about that and since my favorite NFL Player Donovan Mcnabb's on the cover too I'm gonna cop this when I get a chance.

Edited by bigted