JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Do you support downloading?

Frenetic

"Kanye on Detroit Radio

Said Def Jam did a really good job keeping it, but it needs to leak and it will in the next few days. Doesn't care that people download. He loves to. He understands that people cant afford all the music they want. Used the analogy that at his concert in Detroit he knew a lot of people probably downladed the album and didn't buy it, but they bought a ticket and came to his show regardless. So he doesn't have a problem with it. Clowned artists who complain about downloading by saying "why do you care? do you need a 3rd Bentley for one of you 5 homes? How much money do you really need?" Said he made more money last year than he ever thought he would make and was happy with that. Played a few joints from Late Registration and they sound dope. Touch The Sky with Lupe Fiasco is the ****. Kanye's first verse will have you :mygod: , preached education and to stay in school and positive messages."

It's sad for smaller companys but i don't think ja rule broke now.

Much respect to Kanye for that...

And about the entire ja Rule thing. Ja Rule got messed up with that 50 cent beef. 90% of the people following it thought they;d side with 50 (even though, in reality, Ja Rule held his own in that "beef")..

they we're probably afraid to admit they liekd Ja, so they just bootlegged it. Look at eminem. encore probably got downloaded all over, but he still sold almost 5 million. usher is almost Diamond, and odds are it has WAY more Downloads...

Much respect to Kanye for that...

And about the entire ja Rule thing. Ja Rule got messed up with that 50 cent beef. 90% of the people following it thought they;d side with 50 (even though, in reality, Ja Rule held his own in that "beef")..

they we're probably afraid to admit they liekd Ja

That`s a pretty good explonation...I think you`r right about that..

Even tho i think Ja kicked 50 as in they`r Beef :lolsign:

Ja Rule sold 600,000 on his last album? I think I only remember seein' his video a couple times on BET last year, I don't think I remember MTV even playing it, Def Jam hardly promoted it, that's a lot for him considering that they didn't play his videos as much as his past few albums but anyway that's one of the releast things Kanye said there, he put in a fan's perspective, we ain't making that kind of money to buy that much albums out there so it's cheaper for us to download some music for us to enjoy it but I personally think though if you're a fan of somebody you'll eventually buy the album, basically Will Smith, Nas, and LL Cool J are the only ones that I'll buy albums from on the 1st day or week, everybody else I buy eventually if I like them.

I think downloading is ok if it's a few tracks, just to see if you like it. It's stupid to spend a lot of money on a new if you've only heard one song. I like the way Walmart.com puts 30-second samples of the songs on their cds for you to listen to online so you can get a good idea of what the cd is like. Then you don't have to wait for a long time to download anything. It's very useful. :dope: