JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

about Will tha makes me mad

I swear that everytime I put on "Potnas", I could picture a video for this, especially in the third verse, JJFP could be performing at a stadium and Will throws the mic in the crowd and everyone goes, "Ah, huh!", in fact I threw that track on earlier today and just lost it like it was the first time I heard it still, the words are so true, anybody that I knew in school who dissed Will and were Eminem fans didn't feel that way when I played this track for them, I mean that's lyrical art at its best, haters can't deny it and it just blows me away, if that track was released instead of "Freakin' It", they could've shot it in Philly still though and everyone in the streets would be callin' "Willenium" a hip-hop classic!

Edited by bigted

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i think Will should've released party starter as his first single, and probably shouldnt have released switch (sorry switch fans!), i just didnt think Switch portrayed Will's lyrical talent as much... it didnt say watch out, Will is back in the house!!!

I swear that everytime I put on "Potnas", I could picture a video for this, especially in the third verse, JJFP could be performing at a stadium and Will throws the mic in the crowd and everyone goes, "Ah, huh!"

Yeah me too!! A video for this song would be dope, since it's such a great song with a strong meaning! :jazzy:

Yeah, Potnas is a great song, every time I listen to it, I just appreciate it more and more, it is very original, creative, and has a great message.

Anyone know why Freakin It isn't on the DVD of his videos? Yes, The Rain should have been a single and So Fresh too.  I also wanted the song with Eve to release but instead they released the one with Lil Kim.  No Jill Scott and no Eve. No love for Philly at Columbia.

the song you refer to with Lil Kim is called Da Butta and it wasn't released whatsoever as you claim.

Well, being that I was a radio DJ during the time this album was out and I remember Da Butta getting rotation on many stations in the US including my city, I think I'll stick with my story.

that's cool i'll stick with mine because i know it wasn't released unless it was some kind of promo that nobody has found out about. do u know if it was some kind of a promo single or did DJ's just play that song off of Willennium for no particular reason?

Nah. They don't let DJ's pick their own music anymore. Corporate bigwigs control everything. It was getting rotations on different stations across the country. Never checked to see if it was a promo, though. All songs get loaded into a computer automation system. Could have been.