JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NOW 19 - Switch

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, if Sony is responsible for which singles Will released, there's not too much else off of Born 2 Reign that could have increased sales.

well there is definitely better options than releasing the single from their beloved movie soundtrack and then waiting 4 or 5 months and then releasing one of the weaker songs from the album (in my opinion at least). tracks like Act Like U Know, Block Party, and How Da Beat Goes were potential singles that would have been better choices. :smart:

I think the line: "We could rap without A&R's..." is FP pleading that hip-hop needs to go back to be an artform and not only be a buisiness, there's a lot of peeps on record labels that don't care about what gets released, they only wanna get paid, people need to stop stressin' over sales and put out music that people'll enjoy.

Edited by bigted

Overall, Sony's promotion for Born to Reign was awful. Given I wasn't as big a music fan back in 2002, I didn't even know Will had a new album coming out until I saw it on sale in a Wal-Mart flyer a couple of weeks after the album actually had come out. I was a fan, I had BWS and Willenium, you think with any sort of promotion, I would have known Will was releasing a new album. I was pissed.

<p>

While Born to Reign was not the best album Will ever released, in comparision to the rest of the rap game at the time, it was pretty solid. Block Party, I Can't Stop and How Da Beat Goes, at least I feel, had potential to be singles, but none were released. Promotion for that album reached an all-time low in the music industry, which was quite a disappointment for me, and still is.

• Admin

Ultimatley Sony hurt Wills career.. they did a good job promoting Big Willie Style but they promoted Will as a big time hollywood movie star and not as an old school rapper..they certainly harmed his image, also forcing him to work with their in house producers (trackmasterz) and then making Will make and release singles like Will2k and Freakin it didnt help.. as far as their promotion for Willennium they did a really good job up until it was released..but after that point they just gave up..they refused to release So Fresh, Will had to make the video himself with his own money cause he wanted to, and then they only released 2 singles and 2 songs to radio, where was the 3rd? okay now for Born To Reign that was abysmmal they released a movie song about men in black II and didnt release one other song to radio, Will did the 1000 kisses video and that was it.. but Sony did that to a lot of artists they ended up dropping a lot of artists that have given them platinum and gold plaques and had sold millions of records because they couldnt do their job right.. they even shelved Jeff's album because it "wasnt commercial enough" but when eminem blew up suddenly they came back pleading 4 jeff to release this track..and jeff told em where to shove it :rofl:

So now with Interscope I want 3 singles/videos songs released from Lost and Found atleast!

Yeah, 3 singles/videos is a good standard, it is how it should be done, at least, I think so.

So now with Interscope I want 3 singles/videos songs released from Lost and Found atleast!

BWS got 5 singles/videos, and the album had 16 tracks, lost & found has also 16 tracks

For LOST & FOUND, 3 is not bad, but it would be a shame for the album.

Besides switch, party starter and most likely his 3rd single/video will be TELL ME WHY, I think that will HAS TO, has to release 1 or 2 more, I want 2 more but that aint gonna happen I think.

Lost & found needs to be released as single/video, and you still got a lot of GREAT songs that could be a hit, like the I wish I made that, pump ya brakes etc.

I don't know, 3 would be sad for the album,1-switch,2-party starter,3-tell me why, 4-lost & found, 5-pump ya brakes

These 5 songs deserve a single/video, I hope interscope will notice it 2.

Edited by Typhoon20

yeah i agree that coumbia ruined Wills image and then lost all interest in releasing songs. I believe a good video helps a single immensely and when they gave up with willenium and born to reign i was dissapointed. Ok born to reign wasnt Wills best but it deserved to do a lot better.

They promoted Will as an actor that can rap when we know its the other way around, hes a rapper that can act.

I think interscope will be better, they have let Will have more freedom and u can hear it on lost and found. They had better do a few videos more for lost and found bcoz it would be a bit pointless signing him if they wernt going to take any interest. I agree 3 at least and if they dont release tell me why im gonna be mad. :arg:

switch party starter tell me why lost & found and pump ya brakes would be great..but the 3rd single has to be a hit to get a 4th and 5th single..

The 3rd single most likely will be released in august, and hit the radio begin late august or begin sept. and it will most likely be Tell me why, the perfect song, it's gonne be BIG.

The 3rd single most likely will be released in august, and hit the radio begin late august or begin sept. and it will most likely be Tell me why, the perfect song, it's gonne be BIG.

i dont think the 3rd single it will released be so soon ,even the P S video in not out yet ,but definitely Tell me why is gonna big :1-say-yes:

switch party starter tell me why lost & found and pump ya brakes would be great..but the 3rd single has to be a hit to get a 4th and 5th single..

Lol, lets just hope we get Tell Me Why before the year ends. I don't even want to set a month before we get what we had to deal with in Party Starter's release. If anyone's counting, it took about 4 and a half months after Switch's release for Party Starter to be released.

Lol, lets just hope we get Tell Me Why before the year ends. I don't even want to set a month before we get what we had to deal with in Party Starter's release. If anyone's counting, it took about 4 and a half months after Switch's release for Party Starter to be released.

yeah thats true, but remember BWS one after another ,it was crazy :word: :wink: