JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEXT 2PAC ALBUM WILL BE THE LAST

That's what they already started doing. All those albums released after 1998's Greatest Hits had a few of his REAL trax, but the rest were filler trax he just recorded while on Deathrow 2 fulfill his contract 2 get off the label. Those tracks are the ones that are easily forgetable and dont' lyrically have what 2Pac is best known for. Trax like Better Dayz, Uncondisional Love, Until The End of Time, Never Call U B!+ch Again, and Ghetto Gospel are what 2Pac is really about.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ you mite know this one. The name of the original track that 2 Pac has sampled, and TQ did on Westside, and Arrested Development did on Africa's Inside Me.

??? :kool:

I think it would be convienent to make a 2pac soundtrack appearances cd. Have all the songs that were on soundtracks. And then release a cd of all collabs featuring 2pac. I'm doing that myself anyway. It seems like their only releasing 95-95 stuff. I know Pac had some nice stuff from the Digital Underground era. They probably don't wanna put it out cuz they don't feel it will be relevant. Put they can notify fans of that.

I'd have no prob wit some dope MC's gettin' wit Pac. Pac and Big Daddy Kane did real good 2gether wit "Wherever U R aka Show Stop".

Pac was rushin to write cuz of death itself (4 sure), but being on Deathrow? that's questionable. Wouldn't surprise me. There's very good reasoning behind that. DR was suppose to protect Pac and they didn't. Things fell apart that nite in Vegas. There's so much behind that too.

Hey I think they should re-release and remaster all the albums that he made while he was living, 'cause that's the work that should solidify his legacy.

I'm wondering if the way Loyal To The Game waz received is why they are chosing 2 make the next one his last. There's definitly alot of stuff that hasn't been released. I'm thinkin' that the combination of the sales being less than his usual and the way alot of people cryed out against Eminem's work may have pushed them 2 make that decision.

I definitly think they should remaster his studio albums. Better yet, add bonus discs with b-sides, soundtrack songs, remixes, and other things from that era on the bonus disc. Me Against The World had so many remixes that i once would see in music stores for $7 that i planned on getting, but then they sold out, and now i find them on ebay for $30 all the time. I've been waiting 4 a time when i have some extra money 2 spend 2 go after that stuff.

Guest lambertj3

eminem is not wack and he did not ruin pac's legacy and i am one of pac's biggest fans i have all his albums and everything but i do think loyal to the game was quite off and yes he would have worked with g-unit etc he worked with snoop and death row u see but i agree the deathrow releases were a complete mess

• Members

eminem is not wack and he did not ruin pac's legacy and i am one of pac's biggest fans i have all his albums and everything but i do think loyal to the game was quite off and yes he would have worked with g-unit etc he worked with snoop and death row u see but i agree the deathrow releases were a complete mess

Okay, Snoop at that time was a totally different person as well as a different styled rapper. And Snoop and Pac were like best of friends. So that's different. And Deathrow label didn't ruin anything for Pac. It was the remixes and different producers who spoilt the albums from and after Until The End Of Time. And due to the fallout with Dre at the end, I don't think Pac would have in any way associated with Slim or G-Unit. Probably with Game, maybe. :confused3:

Deathrow waz a blessing and a curse 2 2Pac. 2Pac's pre-Deathrow stuff is amazing. Sometimes the production waz average, but that's cuz he waz what an underground emcee is supposed 2 sound like. When he got 2 Me Against The World, he created one of the best Hip-Hop EVER. Undoubtably the lyrics are flawess and the production is timeless.

Let's remember that 2Pac turnded down Deathrow for years...he didn't sign with them until Suge offered 2 bail him out of jail. 2Pac obviously didn't want 2 sign 2 the label, but when u are in jail and can't make bail, u wouldn't take up on that offer just 2 sign 2 the label. All Eyez On Me is an amazing...but no where near as good as Me Against The World. The production waz great and the lyrics went back and forth between introspective and thugged out. However, with all of that came alot of violence and lies. 2Pac didn't have any money. All he had waz the cars and stuff Suge would give him, but they sere still owned by Suge. 2Pac recorded all of that material when he waz on that label so that he could fulfill his contract and get off the label. Deathrow did 2 2Pac what Columbia did 2 FP. Alot of people simply don't know what he's about due 2 bad promotion.

I think that if 2Pac got off Deathrow, he would have flipped the rap game upside down. If u think Deathrow is what 2Pac is about, u are foolin' yourself. I waz following him since 1991, and waz also a fan of Digital Underground, that's why the Deathrow era means nothing 2 me.

And 2Pac defintily wouldn't be affiliated with G-Unit and people like that!!

I agree wit ya AJ. Me Against The World is my favorite album also. It seems every 2pac fan I run into, their favorite album is All Eyez On Me. Unlike U, I didn't have the pleasure of following him during '91. I can just look back from the clips people show and listen to the music. It amazes me how Pac acted wit DR. But he was still his own person. He'd want to do interviews that Suge didn't want him to do. He still did stuff to improve communities, went to speak, etc. He collaborated wit non-known MCs. Gave them a shot at showing their talent to a wider audience, such as Mac Mall, Dru Down, Bad Azz, etc. We would've saw a new side of Pac like we usually did.

• Members

I waz following him since 1991, and waz also a fan of Digital Underground.

Yo man. That's awesome. Hey, do you have these old DU tracks:

1.Same Song

2.The Way We Swing [remix]

3.The DFLO Shuttle

4.Family of The Underground

5.Wussup Wit The Luv

If you do, would you please share them with me? I have been trying for a long time to get these 5 tracks. Thanks.

Guest Guest_lambertj3

i too followed him since he came out but i disagree with your statement because if that was true where is your proof plus he associated with peoplesimilar to g-unit before so in that regard you are wrong. plus youcan't say anyone is fooling themselves over what is your opinion but not proven fact, and reborn no offense since i got luv for you but whats so funny?

Wes is laughing cuz u said Eminem didn't ruin 2Pac's legacy. lambert, just cuz u like all that Shady and G-Unit stuff dosen't mean any of your assumptions are respectable. While 2Pac waz alive, he recorded trax with people like Ice Cube, Treach, Digital Underground, Method Man, Redman, E-40, Snoop Dogg, etc. Do u honestly put G-Unit in the same category as them? No way!! And are u saying that Eminem's production can stand against the production of Shock-G, Easy Mo Bee, Soulshock + Karlin, Johnny J? If u honestly believe that, u have disillusioned yourself so bad, that i don't know what 2 tell u. Yes, i think alot of people u like suck, but that isn't what it's about. It's about Hip-Hop and quality music. U say u respect legends in Hip-Hop, but all u rave and rant about is Eminem, G-Unit and so on. Their music dosen't represent Hip-Hop music or have any ties 2 the day of old skool. U say stuff like that all the time and u don't back it up. There no way 2Pac's music from late 80's thru' 1996 is anything like his doctored and remixed stuff from 2000 up until now. Very few trax were kept in their original form or even try 2 what they were meant 2 me. No matter who u like or what u think, Eminem and G-Unit were never meant 2 be part of his legacy. If the newer stuff waz meant 2 be part of his legacy, his long time fans wouldn't be so upset with the newer stuff...mainly Loyal To The Game.

And Bracesup, i know i have most of those trax u listed, i'll try 2 check 2nite when i get off work.

i too followed him since he came out but i disagree with your statement because if that was true where is your proof plus he associated with peoplesimilar to g-unit before so in that regard you are wrong. plus youcan't say anyone is fooling themselves over what is your opinion but not proven fact, and reborn no offense since i got luv for you but whats so funny?

i'm laughin at ur statement. maybe Eminem didn't ruin 2Pac's legacy cuz 2Pac will always be a legend no matter how bad the album was. however, it's clear that u think Eminem didn't ruin Loyal To The Game, which i disagree with. 4 example, the version of Loyal To The Game with G-Unit made me sick, the beat and lyrics were just horrible, while the DJ Quik remix of Loyal To The Game is my favorite track on the album. i do think the beats, and Em's added verses and comments were just off. i think Em did a good job with One Day At A Time, but he should've left it at that.