JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Did Anybody Know This?

I read this awhile back. I know Will did some tracks with Kanye West, Timberland, and Pete Pablo but they didn't make the cut. I read that Will did 50 tracks but pick 16(US) to make the album. More tracks on of course on the UK and JP versions. At first I didn't beleive that he made 50 tracks. But now that the album is out ,I'm starting to believe he did.

Do ya'll think he did 50 tracks? Would it be cool to hear all those another tracks he did. Maybe there's alot more with Jazz. :angel:

• Members

Well, most of the artists record around 30 to 50 tracks, out of which only 13 or 14 makes the final cut. So there's no way anyone can hear the rest unless someone bootlegs it, which happened in case of 2 Pac.

I read this awhile back. I know Will did some tracks with Kanye West, Timberland, and Pete Pablo but they didn't make the cut. I read that Will did 50 tracks but pick 16(US) to make the album. More tracks on of course on the UK and JP versions. At first I didn't beleive that he made 50 tracks. But now that the album is out ,I'm starting to believe he did.

Do ya'll think he did 50 tracks? Would it be cool to hear all those another tracks he did. Maybe there's alot more with Jazz. :angel:

Yes, I knew that! But thx tho'! :sonny:

Most albums are made from lots and lots of tracks. Lost + Found had 2 have at least 50 tracks. He's been working on it since when he waz filming Bad Boys 2. I was actually really happy that none of the Petey Pablo tracks made the album. There were some of the earlier trax he recorded.

Born To Reign had at least 30-some trax he recorded. It would be really interesting 2 hear the songs that didn't make that album since he waz experimenting so much.

There isn't really isn't any news on how many tracks he did for that album. I'm sure all of the unreleased track are great. During that time, FP did a song or 2 with Michael Jackson which will probably never see the light of day. Wyclef is one of the people he supposedly worked with.

Big Willie Style had a handful of trax that didn't make it. The one i wanted 2 hear the most were "Keep It Real" w/ DJ Jazzy Jeff and "Just Wanna Blend" with Warren G. He did another track with Warren G and also did a love song for Jada that wern't released.

yup we've heard all of this news. some people were anticipatin the trax with Timbaland, Petey Pablo, and Kanye and some some people weren't. it's not uncommon that artists record a lot of tracks for one album. we heard the same thing with Born To Reign that he recorded 30+ tracks. it's hard to believe that some of these tracks with other artists that he's worked with ever since '97 like Warren G, Michael Jackson, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, and Petey Pablo weren't good enough for the album. that's why i'd like an album of previously unreleased tracks, because i still think they would be very good songs!

Yeah I know that there is a lot of song that Will has recorded wit some very hot artists and the ones from back in the day when they were JJ&FP.

I mean I would love to hear all the songs he has made with Jeff and wit others. I'm curious. Maybe some of them will see the light of day when they like release a 20th year anniversary collection edition or something like that. Cause I got a few collection edition type stuff were they have unrelease track like my Marvin Gaye collection. But o well. I'm really curious of the Timberland and Kanye tracks. O well someday... we might hear em':angel:

Sometimes it's politics. Sometimes the lable pushes to not include the song on the album, sometimes the lyrical content isn't something the label wants (for instance, maybe someone would have thought "Ms. Holy Roller" was 2 aggressive and kept it off the album), and sometimes the label of the guest artist can keep the track off the album.

One thing that nobody knows, but i do cuz of connections, is that "Pump Me Up" waz originally intended for Big Willie Style, but Jazzy sampled so many things in the original version that they couldn't clear all the samples. The version of "Pump Me Up" on Willennium has fewer samples and apparently is pretty different from the version they recorded for Big Willie Style. That would be a situation where clearing samples kept a song off the album.

wow that's interesting! another example is Here He Comes. i remember Tim said like in late Feb or early March that they were still tryin 2 clear the Spiderman theme. of course it made the album, so they cleared it in time, but it was still close.

Edited by reborn2reign

Yeah I know about record labels pushing there stuff and not the artist. Like what Columbia did to Jazzy Jeff with his album that didn't get release :nono:

How could you choose to have Lil' Kim and Eve over Wyclef and Michael Jackson collabos, that'd made "Willenium" an even bigger classic album. Actually the only ones that I'd be looking forward to hearin' from the unreleased tracks on "Lost and Found" would be the tracks with Jazzy Jeff, Timbaland, and Kanye West that didn't make the cut, the Petey Pablo tracks sound disposable and I'm sure FP came to his senses and felt that way too. It'd be also interestin' to hear any tracks he might've recorded with the legends he toured with back in the days, although collabs back then were rarities.

yup we've heard all of this news. some people were anticipatin the trax with Timbaland, Petey Pablo, and Kanye and some some people weren't. it's not uncommon that artists record a lot of tracks for one album. we heard the same thing with Born To Reign that he recorded 30+ tracks. it's hard to believe that some of these tracks with other artists that he's worked with ever since '97 like Warren G, Michael Jackson, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, and Petey Pablo weren't good enough for the album. that's why i'd like an album of previously unreleased tracks, because i still think they would be very good songs!

i recon that if they released one then it would include alot of recognisable material. As a record is unreleased and goin to stay unreleased then will will have taken the best bits and put em into better songs.