JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost and Found sales update

wills never gonna do those numbers unless he starts robbin a bank and getting shot at i think.. but born to reign debuted at 13..and quickly dropped out(had no hit singles) lost and found has debuted at 5.. has switch currently at 19 and rising after 5 weeks..things are looking good!

:werd: Controversy sells now not talent, I liked it better even when Biggie sold 10 million back then instead of Eminem sellin' that now, even though I wasn't that much into him, but even that didn't happened until Biggie was murdered, so I wonder how "Big Willie Style" sold that much, that was an odd case, of course "The Score" sellin' 10 million was another rare case of talent sellin' which hasn't happened since, even "I Got Next" almost went platinum, I long for those days again since KRS only sells 10,000 now, one of Nas' recent albums should've sold 10 million though 'cause he's been really pouring his heart out on record and deserves some recognition. Anyway back to topic, top 5 is great news since the single ain't in top 10, but what are the sales worldwide right now where it was released?

Edited by bigted

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Nas is a great MC, yet he doesn't sell much!! And you are all right on this, controversy sells! It's sad, but that's the way it is these days! I can't believe that a wack ass album like Beanie Sigels new one and that stupid new 50 cent album are ranked higher then Lost & Found! :confused3:

Yeah, I won't hate on beens, I heard it was pretty good too. His numbers will drop eventually. He can't perform, he can't publicize, and he can't contend with "Tell Me Why." Are you guys sure "Tell Me Why" will be coming out in June. Switch has already been on for almost 5 weeks. I would say sometime in May.

70k for the second week would be cool. How much is gold on the u.s? 200k?

Hopefully tell me why comes out soon so that he doesn't do under 50k a week the coming 2 monts.

• Members

I'm hoping that I will have something to do with his sales this week. I'm in Houston and I teach 4 Hip Hop classes a week. I've taught 2 of them this week and I've used the CD. My classes went nuts! Some said they had no idea that he had a new CD out others could not be believe it was so good! I think it's safe to say I've sold another 25 or so!!!

:dancingcool:

Will you rock!

wills never gonna do those numbers unless he starts robbin a bank and getting shot at i think.. but born to reign debuted at 13..and quickly dropped out(had no hit singles) lost and found has debuted at 5.. has switch currently at 19 and rising after 5 weeks..things are looking good!

:werd: Controversy sells now not talent, I liked it better even when Biggie sold 10 million back then instead of Eminem sellin' that now, even though I wasn't that much into him, but even that didn't happened until Biggie was murdered, so I wonder how "Big Willie Style" sold that much, that was an odd case, of course "The Score" sellin' 10 million was another rare case of talent sellin' which hasn't happened since, even "I Got Next" almost went platinum, I long for those days again since KRS only sells 10,000 now, one of Nas' recent albums should've sold 10 million though 'cause he's been really pouring his heart out on record and deserves some recognition. Anyway back to topic, top 5 is great news since the single ain't in top 10, but what are the sales worldwide right now where it was released?

It has also got to do with good promotion. Roc-A-Fella and Aftermath are great @ promoting LPs

I'm hoping that I will have something to do with his sales this week. I'm in Houston and I teach 4 Hip Hop classes a week. I've taught 2 of them this week and I've used the CD. My classes went nuts! Some said they had no idea that he had a new CD out others could not be believe it was so good! I think it's safe to say I've sold another 25 or so!!!

Will you rock!

That's great. Keep doing your thing. Great hip hop deserves to be promoted.

Edited by MaxFly

Well Def Jam is the biggest empire in hip-hop on the East Coast and Aftermath is the biggest empire on the West Coast, that doesn't mean that their artists get great contracts, don't believe the hype, too bad they don't sign the best mcs either and give them the contracts they deserve, how could Dre choose to sign 50 Cent and dump Rakim? :poke: Did the album sell worse than 100,000 in other countries?

:dancingcool:

Will you rock!

Wow, that's really great, great job :thumb: