JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Left overs

Mike

I rememebr reading on this site that will had recorded over 50 tracks. Well he has to have a lot left over then. Maybe he will use these on a new ablum after lost and found....But if will gets shot he'll be like another tupac and have records after hes dead.

I rememebr reading on this site that will had recorded over 50 tracks. Well he has to have a lot left over then. Maybe he will use these on a new ablum after lost and found....But if will gets shot he'll be like another tupac and have records after hes dead.

Dont get any ideas man...

Dont get any ideas man...

haha :hilarious: dont worry, why would i do something like that

most artists lock up songs like that and hope never 2 see them again... ha ha. i remember Will also recorded a lot of tracks for B2R also and probably for all of his other albums. who knows how many tracks hes recorded that we havent heard. the likelihood that we'll ever hear all of these is very slim.

most artists lock up songs like that and hope never 2 see them again... ha ha. i remember Will also recorded a lot of tracks for B2R also and probably for all of his other albums. who knows how many tracks hes recorded that we havent heard. the likelihood that we'll ever hear all of these is very slim.

I would love to hear every track he's ever done. Hopefully Jive/Columbia/Interscope release them some day down the line.

I would love to hear every track he's ever done. Hopefully Jive/Columbia/Interscope release them some day down the line.

that would be a lot of tracks tho! they'd have 2 release like a 4 volume collection in order 2 hear all those! that would be dope tho. :chuks:

Just a thought, and I know I went on a related rant about this type of thing before... but why not at least take these "leftovers" and put them up on iTunes or Will's website for 50 cents or something? If they're already recorded, this costs the record company nothing, unlike the idea of putting them out on CD. And they could concievably make alot of money. Why not? Why doesn't anyone else think like this? Or is there some flaw in my logic I'm just not seeing?

Edited by scyhigh99

It's the way albums are done. Not many albums are recorded in their entirety with no material not left over. Some tracks don't make it cuz they are weaker than the others...some don't make it cuz of political reasons...some don't make it just becuz they don't blend with the whole album. FP has always joked about not letting people hear his "weak stuff." I wouldn't want his legacy 2 be tarnished by an album full of his stuff that didn't make the albums. The only way i think that would be okay is if he sold it independently under the table. If an album like that was being released commercially, that would be be a really stupid idea. I'm sure some of that stuff could pop up on singles or soundtracks tho.'

Unfortunately I don't think so... :speechless:

Yo man that's foul, we don't wanna see FP get shot, it'd be nice to see one mc grow old with us for real. :nono:

Anyway on the topic now, I think that FP should hook up the diehard fans like us with these left over songs in the future on his website he could sell mixtapes to the fans, I'm sure they're better than the best songs that most mcs make.