Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

listenin 2 willennium 2day

Hero1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Willennium!! One of my favorite songs on that album is "Who Am I" and I found out not too long ago that the girl who sings the chorus of that song was Tatyana Ali from FBOBA!!! When I read that I was like "Whoa! That's awesome!!" I never thought Will and Tatyana would do anything else together after FPOBA, but I guess I was wrong! So yeah, Willennium is definately one of my favorite albums!! Hope Lost & Found is just as great!! :werd: :thumb: :wiggle:

I love Willennium!! One of my favorite songs on that album is "Who Am I" and I found out not too long ago that the girl who sings the chorus of that song was Tatyana Ali from FBOBA!!! When I read that I was like "Whoa! That's awesome!!" I never thought Will and Tatyana would do anything else together after FPOBA, but I guess I was wrong! So yeah, Willennium is definately one of my favorite albums!! Hope Lost & Found is just as great!! :werd: :thumb: :wiggle:

where did you read that?

Willenium I haven't been really feeling lately. Mainly because its more a winter album to me and now its almost spring and I'm already gettin well prepared for "Lost & Found". I was though listening to "I'm Comin" and I love that song. FP just totally kicks it as usual but the beats are really damn good.

I love Willenium, but I agree w/ Bigted that I'll never understand why "Freakin' It" was the second single off the album. "Will2k" was a pop beat, but had some good rhymes, and was cool at the time w/ the turn of the millenium (even tho the whole willenium joke was always a delicate balance between funny and obnoxious). But "Freakin It"? It was decent and kinda pop-catchy but... so many other quality tracks they couldve chosen. I still think "So Fresh" could've been a hit, despite that it was so old-school. Suuuuuuuuuch a good song.

Columbia thought because "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" waz such a hit that it would be a good idea 2 do the same thing with Willennium and push "Freakin' It" as the pop track. If they would have went 4 another track that represented the album more 2 be released, it probably would have taken the album 2 more success. But nooo... :mad8:

• Admin

will only did will2k and freakin it for sony..those were the only tracks produced by "the trackmasterz" who were sonys in house producers.. when will2k was released will said himself he thought that will2k was nowhere near the best track on the album :hmmad:

Willenium is (BIG STATEMENT TO MAKE) one of the best albums of all time.

It has everything you could want out of a hip hop album, Party Tracks, Deep Tracks, Old School Tracks, Soft Tracks

I listen to it these days in a whole diffferent way to when i bought it when i was 15.

I think Timeless is the word. :afro:

I love Willennium!!  One of my favorite songs on that album is "Who Am I" and I found out not too long ago that the girl who sings the chorus of that song was Tatyana Ali from FBOBA!!!  When I read that I was like "Whoa!  That's awesome!!"  I never thought Will and Tatyana would do anything else together after FPOBA, but I guess I was wrong!

where did you read that?

He only says "Tatyana Ali" on the track. :hilarious: FP also served as Executive Producer of her 1998 album Kiss The Sky. Better than that, he also dropped a rap on a remix of her single "Boy You Knock Me Out" which had a great music video 4 it as well. He also put her on the Wild Wild West soundtrack with Kel Spencer.