JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

listenin 2 willennium 2day

Hero1

• Admin

i was listening to willennium today..and damn thats such a great album.. lost and found is gonna have to be damn good to beat this.. whats great abt willennium is the music..its prob some of the best beats n music ive heard in a hip hop album..well it was handled by the atojazz camp who did jill scotts record..and the album has a real good variety.. willennium was like a "summation of wills career from 86-99" i think lost and found will sort of go back to when will was a hungry emcee..hes the dj era, with real strong rhymes and have a new 2005 sound.. but listening to willennium it does make you appreciate all the great albums and all the great music will and jeff have given us.. the fact that we are getting a ninth album after 20 years is really amazing ...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was listening to willennium today..and damn thats such a great album.. lost and found is gonna have to be damn good to beat this.. whats great abt willennium is the music..its prob some of the best beats n music ive heard in a hip hop album..well it was handled by the atojazz camp who did jill scotts record..and the album has a real good variety.. willennium was like a "summation of wills career from 86-99" i think lost and found will sort of go back to when will was a hungry emcee..hes the dj era, with real strong rhymes and have a new 2005 sound.. but listening to willennium it does make you appreciate all the great albums and all the great music will and jeff have given us.. the fact that we are getting a ninth album after 20 years is really amazing ...

:blabla: Haha, just kiddin :)

I agree with all of that, Willenium was dope and I expect Lost & Found to be dope too, but maybe in another way.

• Admin

hey you gotta let me :blabla: i gotta do sumthin to distract myself from the fact im less than 2 weeks away from hearing the first will smith album with jeff in 6 years :grin:

hey you gotta let me :blabla: i gotta do sumthin to distract myself from the fact im less than 2 weeks away from hearing the first will smith album with jeff in 6 years :grin:

:blah: :kekeke:

Naah I know what you mean, I feel the same way too.

The longevity is incredible, they've given us hot album after hot album and every record has been different from the last...and by the looks of it and the way it's been described by Will already, Lost and Found will be on a whole new level once more. It's easy 2 see that Will wanted 2 get a bit more serious and more mature with Willennium and he's always explored new ways 2 grow...and I think Will's gonna explore that vibe even deeper with this album..give us a real Hip-Hop classic...Willennium had that old skool feel...as did Code Red...and with Jeff by his side on this one, there's no doubt it's gonna go down as one of the greatest. :dj:

Willenium was my first JJFP record ever!!! I still love Afro Angel, No More, Potnas, So Fresh, Pump Me Up, The Rain and all the other great songs. It would be enough for me if lost and found reaches the level of Willenium. A lil bit oldskool mixed with new skool sounds from 2005!

JJFP Rock The House

Guest Guest_moro

hey guys,i think afroangel have one of the best will's flows,have you think of it,it's like on many times,he rhyme like he go out the beat,very fast,and i like so much this,and the lyrics too,one thing that will show is that he's versatile on the rhyme,he show a old school style on so fresh for example,and a more hard flow like afroangel,i like so much the flow on freakin it,i'm comin,big willie style,the rain,do you feel like me???do you feel the differences???

hey guys,i think afroangel have one of the best will's flows,have you think of it,it's like on many times,he rhyme like he go out the beat,very fast,and i like so much this,and the lyrics too,one thing that will show is that he's versatile on the rhyme,he show a old school style on so fresh for example,and a more hard flow like afroangel,i like so much the flow on freakin it,i'm comin,big willie style,the rain,do you feel like me???do you feel the differences???

No I dont feel the same way, I prefer Wills flow in the JJFP-songs. The Rain has a good flow but Afro Angel, Freakin It (very boring song) , Im Comin and Big Willie Style are kind of bad songs in my way of seeing it, even though every song got some good part (except for Just Cruisin).

As you can tell by my signature and avatar, willenium is my favorite will cd, but i feel that lost and found is gonna be my new favorite. You can tell when the album is gonna be good becasue he has more guest rappers that would want to get in on it. Like on Willennium is was eve, lil kim, slick rick, biz-markie. Great album, lost and found has snoop dog,ludacris,mary j blige...im not trying to say that the only good albums are the ones with other rappers but like i feel they they are a little better.......do you know what im trying to say?

Well it's a good thing when artists wanna collaborate with you but I don't think guest appearances make an album great, look at "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", that was JJFP's best album and it had no guest appearances on it. As far as "Willenium" goes it was a great album, but I think the wrong singles were released on that album, and people thought it was just a Puff Daddy pop-rap type album based on the singles "Will2K" and "Freakin' It" but the rest of the songs on the album was straight hip-hop, some of the best work FP has ever done.

Edited by bigted