JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SALVAGE THE WILL SMITH MESSAGE BOARD

mimi: in regards 2 ur first post, i think ur gonna be against every1 else here with the kinda attitude ur bringin' in. if u wanna make "will is fine" posts then please, by all means, go ahead and do it over there. we're here 2 act mature and talk about will's career, not shallow immature things. now i know ur not one of those people who likes will just 4 his looks (like a lot of people of there) but c'mon. please note this is only regarding ur 1st post, i think ur 2nd post had good points and u backed them up.

listen, it's not AJ's right to diss the girls over there just b/c they think Will is cute. U guys are saying the board over there is corrupt and want to save it. Now youre telling me to go over there and talk about shallow things instead of here? Then what's the point of this topic? AJ wants to "save" the board from those shallow stuff, but u want me to go over there if I wanna discuss Will's looks. I haven't posted a single thing on the Interscope site, but it isn't AJ's messageboard. It isn't yours or mine either. So telling girls who post "Will is hot" over there are dumb, shallow, isn't right either. Because girls are gonna be girls. At least they think he's good-looking... They have a right to talk about whatever they want too, shallow or not. But AJ is tellin these people to stop making these posts, etc, and i agree it could get annoying. But it is a wide, public forum, and there's not a thing u can do to "save" it cuz new ppl are gonna come thru everyday. Now, this is board is for you guys, so u can regulate if u want (i guess), but we aren't the dictators of a Will Smith empire (like I said). So there is no business for us in trying to save a damn public forum!

Yeah I'm kinda with you on this... It's an official Will Smith public website, and ppl can talk about what they want to... Just stay here if you don't wanna hear it, and want a smaller group talking about more regulated things... Why do you feel the need to be on the Interscope one so much anyways? Are you looking to replace this forum, or to do both at the same time? If both, how much more could you possibly even talk about Will Smith than you do here? lol I just don't understand why you care

Edited by scyhigh99

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I can see the embarassing embarrasment thing (I love the wording, Hero lol) and wanting to hold up the quality of the official msg board but honestly... official msg boards are usually a joke, and very few ppl (if any) are gonna judge Will or his music based on 12 year olds spamming the board incessantly with millions of stupid msgs... Just stay here and chill - L&F hits soon! :cya:

Edited by scyhigh99

mimi, u seem 2 be a miserable person...cuz u always wanna start fights. It's cool tho'....people who wanna be that way just get waved off. There wazn't anything wrong with what i said. U said they can discuss whatever they want. Well, they aren't discussing anything. Those one-dementional minded females over there can take any topic and reply and say "He's so hot." Please tell me u can see where alot of people would find that annoying.

That message board over there is a joke, and i think it's important 2 do what we can. There have 2 be alot of hardcore fans that come over there and when the see that message board, they get scared and aren't interested in posting. I spent my entire morning bumping up old posts that had some substance cuz some fool posted some nasty stuff over and over and over again. I had 2 go down down 2 pages just 2 find the non-explict posts. I tried 2 bump them all off the 1st page, but they kept trying. I haven't been there in 7 hours, after i'm done here, i'm gonna see if he un did all my work.

Regardless of how little affect those fools have on people, isn't it our job as most likely the truest fans on the net 2 support FP by helping out on that board, and try 2 make it a place where people aren't turned off like they are now? I don't even see it as a matter of how many off topic posts there are, I see it as a matter of who stays with Will longer and supports him no matter what. In the end, who do u really think will win? The bandwagon fans that only appear when he's having success, or the true fans like us that hold it down 4 him no matter what. That's why they're called bandwagon fans...they're gonna fall off soon anyways.

It all depends on what type of atmosphere u have. If we let them dominate the board with their immature, off-topic posts, they won't ever want 2 stop. However, if more and more of us begin posting, providing some intelligent posts and info, they WILL feel intimidated, and even be somewhat afraid 2 speak up. This is the way I see it.

When it comes down 2 it, u can't let people get the best of u because of a little ignorance! If we really wanna salvage the board, we gotta do it as a team. Think about it...dozens of people are turning us off because of their idiotic attitudes...we can do the same, but instead, we can turn them off with our intelligence. It's true, one person can make a difference...but imagine dozens of people. :poke:

mimi, u seem 2 be a miserable person...cuz u always wanna start fights.  It's cool tho'....people who wanna be that way just get waved off.  There wazn't anything wrong with what i said.  U said they can discuss whatever they want.  Well, they aren't discussing anything.  Those one-dementional minded females over there can take any topic and reply and say "He's so hot."  Please tell me u can see where alot of people would find that annoying. 

That message board over there is a joke, and i think it's important 2 do what we can.  There have 2 be alot of hardcore fans that come over there and when the see that message board, they get scared and aren't interested in posting.  I spent my entire morning bumping up old posts that had some substance cuz some fool posted some nasty stuff over and over and over again.  I had 2 go down down 2 pages just 2 find the non-explict posts.  I tried 2 bump them all off the 1st page, but they kept trying.  I haven't been there in 7 hours, after i'm done here, i'm gonna see if he un did all my work.

no see that's exactly what I'm talking about with u. I'm not tryin to pick fights with anyone. Especially not u guys. I respect this board a lot cuz all of u are smart people. Which is rare when u go to large forums. However, things are not always going to be ideal. Every official site is gonna have losers who log on to trash the artist (for whatever reason). Everyone has haters not just Will. Every rapper is called gay once in a while cuz of jealous nimrods who have nothin better to do. However, u can't try and make the forum set to how u want it to be. In a perfect forum maybe u want discussions and such. But u have a place here for that. People at official sites usually make comments. That's why it says "comments" on his board right?? I'm sayin that the "Will is hot" threads don't bug me, cuz that's what girls do. Excuse me that girls have sttractions towards guys like Will. But if u think they're trashy, classless, idiotic for those comments, i've seen worse. I've heard or read girls make comments about Will real x-rated. Now the girls on the interscope board are really harmless. I say let them make the comments they want. If u don't like it, ignore it. There's no need to get heated or waste time over somethin u cannot stop.

BTW, i'm not miserable. U seem snotty to me and never open your mind to other people's opinions. I understand your frustration with the forum, however if you're not even gonna acknowledge my points or read my opinion thoroughly, I can't respect yours.

Edited by *mimi*

and id say hes doin it..because its wills official message board and he wouldnt wanna see people see it like that cause its an embarassment which is embarassing :scope:

really though ppl don't care much anout the comments ppl make on forums. No one's gonna go there, look at the comments and say, "Will has dumb fans..." For real guys NO one does that.

• Admin

the thing is..that forum has no moderators..and it will never have moderators..no interscope artists web site message board does..the forum software prob doesnt even allow for moderators.. so really all you guys are doing is wasting time and energy..because people are gonna come and post trash whatever you do...

the thing is..that forum has no moderators..and it will never have moderators..no interscope artists web site message board does..the forum software prob doesnt even allow for moderators.. so really all you guys are doing is wasting time and energy..because people are gonna come and post trash whatever you do...

exactly... u hit the nail right there

• Admin

and id say hes doin it..because its wills official message board and he wouldnt wanna see people see it like that cause its an embarassment which is embarassing  :scope:

really though ppl don't care much anout the comments ppl make on forums. No one's gonna go there, look at the comments and say, "Will has dumb fans..." For real guys NO one does that.

i know im just saying its the principal of the thing..wills official site msg brd being rubbish..but ive gotten over it..i can see why others wouldnt tho :antlers:

Hmm and why the interscope boards don't have any moderators??? :confused3:

That's kinda dumb... :speechless:

FP has different opinions on hip-hop then we do, but of course he'd have a lot of respect for the cats that he grew up listenin' to and toured with in the late '80s, he ain't gonna diss them, maybe those younger mcs out now that we think are snakes in the industry might actually be nice people, but of course though with this negativity criticism of hip-hop's image, I'm sure FP's frustrated from it, we don't know them personally but FP does and as far as the WS message board is concerned, it needs a miracle, women have the right to say Will's hot lookin' though 'cause us guys like to talk about how fine Beyonce and J-Lo are, there ain't nothin' wrong with that, just don't take it to the extreme, I ain't gonna lose any sleep over that board though, I tried postin there yesterday but I see that there's too much bull**** there and I won't post there anymore unless major progress is made. Ol' school legends like JJFP, Chuck D, LL Cool J, and KRS just care about seein' hip-hop move forward and are really open minded individuals that give everyone a chance to shine 'cause they love the game.

Edited by bigted

yeah i'm feelin' what tim said. i wanna try and help out, and i support all of y'all cuz it's just a fan's reaction 2 want the "official" board 2 look good. but seriously, if there's no moderators, there's not much we can do and i seriously can't spend all of my time over there. i already spend enough time on this board and i can barely keep up with it.

@ mimi: ur right, there's no problem with girls liking will, but the problem is the repetitiveness of it. when half of the posts r about will bein hot, then it gets annoying. i could stand it if there waz only like 1 post about it, but there's not just 1, there's too many. the most annoying part of the post is how immature it sounds. it's not like "will looks good, he has nice eyes, etc" it's more like "omg.. like ... totally.. will is HOTT y'all. WhO's FeELin Mee?" which gets old REAL fast.

ahhh.. i'm so done discussing this.