JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album...March

Hero1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I buy an album I like to listen to the whole album when I 1st listen to it and I don't like skipping over tracks, but there's not too many albums out now where I could actually do that for 'cause they don't make quality albums they only a few hot singles that're only worth listening to now and by the next year you're sick of those songs too, I don't mind JJFP collaborating with younger artists but they should collaborate with those that're talented underground mc's looking for a break rather than those we heard of on a mainstream level, fans that're fiending for true hip-hop'll appreciate that, it's better to attract a few loyal hip-hop fans than to track a bunch of bandwagon pop/rap fans, as long as JJFP are willing to continue puttin' out quality hip-hop and are healthy there should be no reason for them to stop, I don't see KRS-ONE, LL Cool J, or Public Enemy slowing down, so there should be no reason for JJFP to slow down now! :dj:

When it comes 2 working with other artists, i simply want them 2 have chemistry and 4 the song 2 make sense. As long as the guest artist has talent, it's all 2 the goodie. When they did "So Fresh," the talent and chemistry waz explosive and the song made sense. When they did "Da Butta"...Lil' Kim of course lacked on skillz, the collabo didn't really make sense, and the chemistry waz there, but nothing like on "So Fresh" or "Who Am I." I think that's why most of us thind "Da Butta" is one of the weaker trax he's done.

In my opinion, i don't think Petey Pablo or Ludacris working with FP makes much sense, and i for one ?uestion their talent.

:dunno: omg i think ludacris is a great artist get his new album or listen to "child of the night"........everyones dissin luda and i think his rhymes can be powerful

just cause its mainstream dont mean its bad :dunno:

:dunno: omg i think ludacris is a great artist get his new album or listen to "child of the night"........everyones dissin luda and i think his rhymes can be powerful

:werd:

I don't dislike people cuz they are mainstream...after all, i claim 2 be one of JJ+FP's biggest fans and they have crazy mainstream success. I don't like Ludacris cuz i don't like many of his rhymes, i don't like his flow, style, or production. Don't bug out, i'm sure u dislike alot of stuff i listen 2. I'm just sayin that a song with Ludacris dosen't make sense 2 me. I don't feel that their talent is equal and there are alot of other artists who would sound better alongside FP.

I think its brilliant, cause will is teamin up with the best sellers at this moment, hes doing a song wit luda, reports of doin a song wit justin, mary j blidge, etc....he gets even more people lovin him now, ludacris fans would love him, justin timberlake fans, and mary j fans, fact is, more superstars he does dope songs with, people are gonna think hes dope, but hey, he already is, hes the highest paid income actor,

i cannot wait for this album to come out, do we kno about a tittle yet?

I don't dislike people cuz they are mainstream...after all, i claim 2 be one of JJ+FP's biggest fans and they have crazy mainstream success. ... I don't feel that their talent is equal and there are alot of other artists who would sound better alongside FP.

:werd: I couldn't say it any better than that! I personally don't see what would be wrong with working with an underground mc? A lot of those mcs on the underground scene are hungrier than a lot of these mainstream mcs and I'm an ol' school head so most of the CD's I buy are before 1990, there ain't nothin' wrong with ol' school artists either, recognize there wouldn't be hip-hop if it wasn't for James Brown making those songs that were played at block parties by Grandmaster Flash when hip-hop origniated in the '70s, we gotta respect the history, realise one thing to one day rappers like Ludacris are gonna be old too, so if you diss certain artists 'cause they're old, expect people to do the same to Ludacris and other mcs out now in the future.

The mcs that're signed to ATOJ would destroy Ludacris and his DTP crew if they battled, why couldn't some of them get on the album with Will? I have nothing against Ludacris though 'cause some of his videos are hilarious and he has some talent but a lot of his songs on his albums are inconsistant compared to the singles, he ain't the worst mc in the game and I wouldn't diss him but he ain't nowhere near the best either, I don't think when we're old they're gonna rank Ludacris as an all-time mc, he ain't on the same level as Will is, if JJFP did a whole album together with no guest appearances, it'd be a classic album, just like "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is without guest appearances, most of the great albums released in that golden age of hip-hop in the mid-late '80s had no guest appearances, I think that there's too many guest appearances now, there should be no more than 3 guest appearances on an album, if I wanted to listen to Ludacris I would buy his album and when I buy a JJFP album, I wanna listen to JJFP.