JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album...March

Hero1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will may have to put some "hot right now" rappers to help with sales and if the albums does amazing and is one of the top sellers of the year then on future albums he will be less worried about working with those about will focus on the music he want's to make and you may see a song with LL Cool on it

I've only remember him ever talking about listening to Public Enemy, 2Pac, Dr. Dre, Notorious B.I.G. when it comes 2 Hip-Hop and Rap.

add jay-z, nas, and ludacris to that list. He's mentioned that he listens to them a lot on BET

everyone needs to settle down about will working with "hot artists" at the time or whatever. Just wait and hear the music and you'll be glad. Ludacris has been a fp fan for a looooong time and if will wants to work w/ them then thats hott. I'm not concerned. I actually hope he has some cool collabos on the album.

yeah but even if people r just downloading it cuz of Luda/Petey or whatever then who cares? at least they'll be listening 2 some good music (at least Will's part) and who cares if non-true FP fans buy the album and inflate sales? its good 4 Will and i want more people 2 listen 2 his music. i think that all of the trax on Will's new album will be dope. i hope i'm not just over anxious tho

I'm love the music. That's why i've been down with DJ Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince since the early years. I want music that will make my laff, think, nod my head, and so on. I want them 2 have success, but i never want the real reason they do what they do 2 suffer 4 something as petty as success. I don't think Petey Pablo has any talent, i think most of the time (not all of it) Ludacris just talks trash in his music. I don't see them making me think or truely enjoying the music. And i defintly don't care if they are used as bait 2 get some trendy fly-by-nite disposable fan 2 buy a Fresh Prince album.

I'll give anything a chance, i just don't see people like that bringing anything good 2 his music...only taking away from it. If they make a good track, so be it...but if they ruin it, that'll just be annoying.

Besides, if they are used as commercial bait, it's their own fault that they worship the ground that Jay-Z, G-Unit, Chingy, and Lil' Flip walk on. They could just as easily pick up the new De La Soul, Talib Kweli, or Brand Nubian album. Whenever a true skool emcee works with a strictly commercial artist, dose is ever really do any good? No. Gang Starr worked with Jadakiss on their last album...that album never blew up commercially. It happens all the time. If they add 2 the track, cool...if they don't and the crossover never happens, then it's a real shame and a perfectly good song has a few bars with a D-level talent rapper wastin' valuble space a true artist.

I'm love the music. That's why i've been down with DJ Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince since the early years. I want music that will make my laff, think, nod my head, and so on. I want them 2 have success, but i never want the real reason they do what they do 2 suffer 4 something as petty as success. I don't think Petey Pablo has any talent, i think most of the time (not all of it) Ludacris just talks trash in his music. I don't see them making me think or truely enjoying the music. And i defintly don't care if they are used as bait 2 get some trendy fly-by-nite disposable fan 2 buy a Fresh Prince album.

I'll give anything a chance, i just don't see people like that bringing anything good 2 his music...only taking away from it. If they make a good track, so be it...but if they ruin it, that'll just be annoying.

Besides, if they are used as commercial bait, it's their own fault that they worship the ground that Jay-Z, G-Unit, Chingy, and Lil' Flip walk on. They could just as easily pick up the new De La Soul, Talib Kweli, or Brand Nubian album. Whenever a true skool emcee works with a strictly commercial artist, dose is ever really do any good? No. Gang Starr worked with Jadakiss on their last album...that album never blew up commercially. It happens all the time. If they add 2 the track, cool...if they don't and the crossover never happens, then it's a real shame and a perfectly good song has a few bars with a D-level talent rapper wastin' valuble space a true artist.

:werd:

I don't really care if the album isn't as commercially successful if it means better music. Thinking like that is only short term. I want to skip over as little songs as possible. With K-Os, I NEVER skip anything. I want a FP album where I can do that this time.

God Blessa!

BUT if this album isnt successful that means we dont get the amazing tour and maybe not another Will album.

When i first heard that sony had dropped Will i thought that was the end of his music career and suddenly music didnt seem as fun anymore and i didnt like it as much. I was thinkin why are these rubbish artists having hit single and Will isnt? Then of course i learnt that him being dropped was a good thing.

but my point is, i really want Will to keep making his music and im afraid if this isnt successful then that might be the end. I still want Will to be making decent music and not stoop to the levels of these rubbish artists. But i also want to actually hear a few more albums before thats it.

anyway no-one can complain about kayne bcoz he is the best rapper we have at the moment, but like brakes said trust, Will he knows what hes doin and he has a similar taste in music as we do.

yeah im gonna go str8 to the jazzy jeff and fresh prince tracks anyway :thumb:

I usually listen to a whole album straight through. Although new JJFP tracks would be tempting to listen to straight away. Its a hard descision to make.

i listen to the album from the intro through it, coz 2 me each album any artist makes they are telling a story, and after hearin the whole album once, then u will kno ur fav tracks on it, instead of liking number 2, and thats it, u dnt listen to the album apart from that song