JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Album...March

Hero1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that B2R was a bad album but I have faith that this album will be considerably better it.

What you have to remember is B2R was an experimental album. Non of the beats on it were done using a computer. It was all live instrumentation. Also, Jeff had nothing to do with it so.

B2R was different and had great qualities about it, but if I had the choice, I'd rather another BWS than B2R

March of what? This year?

I remember when we had a hope that it would be like August of 2 years ago or something. It's not like we aren't used to waiting.

I was expecting Hitch to push things back though.

Music singles are really HORRIBLE right now, so Will, anytime now would be great. But by anytime I mean this time... would be great. Whatever though. I just wanna hear new music.

And no hate to BTR. I love that album despite Columbia's best efforts for me to feel otherwise.

God Blessa!

u said the begining of 2004 then middel 2004 then end 2004 then begining of 2005 and now march?...

I don't remember anything about the begining of last year, it's only really started since Will mentioned it in the summer

Not that B2R was a bad album but I have faith that this album will be considerably better it.

What you have to remember is B2R was an experimental album. Non of the beats on it were done using a computer. It was all live instrumentation. Also, Jeff had nothing to do with it so.

B2R was different and had great qualities about it, but if I had the choice, I'd rather another BWS than B2R

werd up. I really didn't think FP proved why he was Born to Reign on the B2R album. To me, he did it on Willenium, BWS, Code Red...etc.

If Jeff says its hot, and Kwame likes Switch, then you kno it'll be dope because two oldskool hiphop heads love it. :rock:

Born To Reign waz a good album, it just wazn't the kinda album u drop after making fans wait so long 4 new material. While i'm sure traces of Born To Reign will be on this new album, i think 4 the most part, it waz an experimental move that will stay in that era.

With a title like Born To Reign, it definitly should have an album where he proved it, which i don't think he did 4 non-fans.

About that Ludacris track...FP has been doin' this for nearly 20 YEARS. People know his style, they know his talent...there's is no reason 4 Ludacris 2 play a part in his come back. Just like when he collaborated with Lil' Kim, it'll leave me scratching my head, if not in tears. I'll give anything a chance, i'm not desiding 2 not like it, i'll make my opinion when i hear the track a few times.

I think some people need to a bit more open minded. This is how Will is going to appeal to a wider fan base. It would do him no benefit by only collaborating with 'old skool' artists because that would only appeal to a certain type of market.

The way I see it is FP makes good music. He knows what the state of Hip Hop is and what it has been. He will not put out garbage. I trust his judgement to choose who he wants to collaborate with and what music to put out.

Ludacris is an accomplished mc, just listen to "the red light district" album and you'll see how much he's grown. Listen to his lyrics in "Child of the Night" and you will realize his growth as an artist.

I know that will smith has a HUGE fan base, all that i am saying is that 1000 Kisses and Born 2 Reign didnt get much hype so i thought maybe this track would help the excitement of the album.

I know where Will stands in the hip hop world and hes high in my opinion, i was just saying star power will help sales.

• Admin

yeah im looking forward to the ludacris/will smith track.. we know ludacris was a jjfp fan growin up so i think they will come up with something dope! :werd: personally my main concern is that this album is dope, more than if this album is a success.. born to reign definitely left me wanting a new album

I can't say the same. I can't think of one interesting single I've heard from Ludacris. In fact, most of them have just been the same thing that so many "me-too" rappers have been doing the past couple years, only the videos have a higher budget.

"Get back! You don't know me like that!" Repeat and repeat. I'm just not feeling it, and that's the best song I've heard from him.

And Petey... His first album singles didn't bother me. They were catchy. But his songs as of late just show him as a guy in sunglasses who just talks through songs spitting forgettable verses.

Will might be able to get them to spit a verse without curses like he did with Lil' Kim, but I believe those verses will just end up being a variation of a "this is who we be, don't mess with us" verse. And this kind of thing makes me frustrated with Will. He's preached against the rappers that resort to cursing and the like, the he picks up these people. I kept my hopes up with Petey until I heard his single months later.

I still look forward to this album very much. I can't wait to hear new FP music. If Jeff is saying this is hot then I'm really glad. But I stand by what I said about the other rappers. I'd have preffered some less popular, but better rappers if it meant a better song over better chart recognition. Kel Spencer please?

God Blessa!