JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

i can't believe bush won

sonic1988

AJ you had some good points, and I am not the one to want a political division between the board members, because it doesn't support unity between us...

I can't and won't hate the American people for any of this, because there were announcements that some people that went to vote, but were denied the opportunity, for example students residing in /attending college in different states (Florida) as example. There were alot of circumstances to 'disallow' or put people at a disadvantage in not being able to vote...which had a drastic effect in the final election outcome...i bet some of u were not even aware of this either...

My pastor is for Bush,...he says he's a man of God, and was appointed that position, however I choose to believe differently, but my views may very well change (in time) if I see a drastic change for the better in our economic system. Our time in Iraq was done, well over a decade ago,...and even this time,...the troops should have been pulled out after Iraq established their governmental system, (or whatever). Theres no need to continue deploying men and women into a warzone ONLY to get paid an additional $110 f*cking dollars per month for hazardous duty pay... thats not worth a damn! I know this to be true, because I WAS THERE. I bet some of you didn't know that either did you? NOt to mention...to keep pulling Billions of dollars out of our OWN economy to a country that isn't seeing the overall purpose, not to mention I DONT see the purpose of it at this point. Look what the hell is going on in our economy? Surely people are not THAT blind to whats happening in our own backyard? If you can't see it..try going into a ghetto, and look at how underprivledged our children... --> potential FUTURE leaders are. It's ashame how the benefit of who is elected, supports better means of living for certain americans, namely the rich...do they give a damn about the poor? Go see if they are out helping them with jobs or educational tools to help them out of a poverty state. Maybe I should blame the 'rich' American people...but I won't. Its politics...

I was in full support of the first President Bush, and was 'feeling' the pupose of the first war, because I understood MY mission as a deployed troop, and saw firsthand just how effective our pesence was...but God!!! Help people understand when ENOUGH is enough. period.

If it was my choice, I would say that any president elected, should have served and retired from the military, because they are more aware of war tactics and full capacity of our armed forces. Altho President Bush is the final approving authority as Chief of Command, he HAS to consult with 3 and 4 star Generals in the Military, so I can't give him props for anything terrorist related after Sept 11. Those props are rightfully owed to our Military generals and their military expertise. With his re election, we are at a higher chance of being targeted by terrorism at this point. Furthermore, I personally would not want any of YOU or my sons to be drafted into the military only to lose their lives for unknown reasons. When we deployed the first time, I could see the reasons behind it, because I was there...but this day and time, I honestly dont see it....

so NO. I am not happy with this re~election for VARIOUS reasons...and don't care who believe differently than I do... we are all entitled to our opinions,...and imma be done with this too...

unless somebody comes at me sideways... :ali: bring it. Maybe i'm rambling, ...i don't know. cuz i don't even remember what i typed..but imma go offline and do something constructive with my tyme...

however Imma try to keep a positive attitude, and keep Hope Alive...

congratulations to Mr. President Bush for his re election succession...

peace

cookie

The only reason i popped back in this post is cuz i saw 3Cookies replied, and i have lots of respect 4 her, so i wanted 2 see what she has 2 say. Just 2 reply 2 some of the things said...new reports say that those who voted for Bush didn't do it becuz of the war, but becuz of his view on morals. People didn't keep him in office becuz of war. That's a really stupid suggestion. They kept him becuz Kerry (at least in what i've seen of him from TV) comes across kinda like President Clinton, a down 2 earth guy who is kinda slimy and greasy. Morals aren't on his mind. I personally believe that if God has the back of the President...things will work out as much as they possibly can. God won't have the back of someone who isn't asking 4 guidence.

And the whole drugs, prostitution stuff...that's just silly. That's not Bush's problem. That's what we have cops 4...the laws are there, cops just need 2 take care of that stuff.

One thing i admire about the President is that he wants 2 hear from all the people who voted 4 Kerry 2 see what he can do 2 attempt and unite people on their views. I just saw that in a news broadcast...saying that he wants 2 meet with all the people who have power in this country and see what they can do start showing the people who voted 4 Kerry that he cares about their views.

I didn't like when Bill Clinton waz in office (tho' i waz 2 young 2 vote then) but if u live in this country, it's kinda important 2 support who ever is in office.

Everything USA does affects to the whole world. I can't believe he won. I really like that country but how can most of the people who live there vote for somebody who calls himself "president of the war"!!!!! :dunno: the day before we saw farenheit 9/11 at university and after see it I even understand less how he won...

Let's see what happens now maybe he wants to invade other country next year, he seems to have fun doing it.

As far as drugs, we as people of "THE WORLD" have to take a stand by starting at home first n foremost in doing our part with our chidren. The president is in a powerful position to administer additional programs in schools and offer/create JOBS within communities to fight against this as well...beginning with some of those billions of dollars used meaninglessly in a foreign country. So it's not such a silly suggestion, ... because without knowledge, educational outlets, opportunity for extra~curricular activities for children in poverty-stricken communities, these children just don't stand a chance because they dont have sources or the leadership of educated people to influence them otherwise. What gets me angry, is people focusing on the President's moral ethics, when the suffering truly lies within the economical downfall. Who cares that President Clinton got a blow job from Lowinsky,...the economy was better off with job opportunity on all levels then,...than it is presently...

I would admire the President if he would unite people on their views too.. but how can he make this happen if he is ONLY willing to meet with people of 'POWER' , without meeting with people outside of that RICH circle? Come on now! That meeting would be biased as hell, because RICH and POWERFUL people surely can't speak on my behalf, or anyone else struggling to feed their children in this messed up economy with little job opportunity according to skill level. Everybody doesn't possess the same educational background, and many ppl have to skip over GOOD job opportunities that pay well, and could get them out of living in holes, but CANT because they require higher educational levels, that some are just not afforded. People can't live off dreams/wishful thinking and PROMISES!

Give kids some incentive to STAY IN SCHOOL, by setting up individual college funds for high school graduates within a certain income bracket, that can't afford it otherwise. My daughter has a 4.0 academic record in high school, placed in the GIFTED classes with advanced college courses in high school. and has been an honour roll student her entire life, and altho we are POOR, I will make sure she is not at a disadvantage versus a rich person's child who may be on drugs running the streets yo! I have another child whose teacher wants to test him for the gifted class, because his scores puts him in the "genius" category. So I can testify that 'poor' kids (altho stereotyped) DO have potential, but their level of success COULD be limited all because of living in a single parent home, with no resources to help them get ahead....but I won't let that happen. So yea...if Mr. President REALLY cared for my view since i DID NOT vote for him, I would love to personally invite the President to dinner so he can get the full perspective of a single mother and military vetaran that received and carried out ORDERS from his father, yet suffer the consequences under HIS presidency for the last 4 years and 2 days. MIght not be a fancy surrounding of "the rich",..or eat 'hor'doveres" or whateva ...but I'll cook Mr. President a ghitto-fabulous delicacy of a big 'ol pot of collard greens, with cornbread on the side! AND ask him to help with the dishes afterwards., and THATS not disrespectful... get me a glass of water too, will ya Mr. President? :sonny: (ok if u insist,...I'll call u George) :kekeke: jokes aside...

ON da real tho...I respect and fully support who is in the Presidential seat, because I am patriotic at heart...but it doesn't mean I have to be happy about how he runs the office,...until I see changes implemented that will encourage me as a citizen and military veteran with minimal to no benefits. My main uproar is regarding our ECONOMY, and monies invested elsewhere,...instead of America, namely our children...which I think is quite a valid standpoint...

peace

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

• Admin

i think people who vote for some1 because they "like kerry..or like bush" have no understanding of the way governments work.. and as a "man of god" as some people say he sure has been involved in a lot of peoples deaths..(deaths in texas, and iraq) now cookies thanks for giving us your thoughts..i respect your opinion..and i wouldnt know what its like to be in the armed services and stationed overseas :werd: so its interesting hearing your perspective on things.. overall i seriously think the world is not a safer place with the bush government in power :werd:

• Members

I am very into politics and while i do not believe John Kerry was the answer i think he was a lot better then bush, that is the part that blows my mind, with the record of what he has done in the first 4 years people still want him here. I don't understand that people are praising him for there not being another 9/11 since the original, don't you realize he had memos warning him of this threat?? do 3,000 people have to die before you worry about security? We knew Bin Laden was capable of attacking us, he had already hit the embassy's and the uss cole. So why ignore his threat. anyways i got way too much stuff to say about this i won't even get started before i fill up 2 pages-trex

new_map.jpg

now cookies thanks for giving us your thoughts..i respect your opinion..and i wouldnt know what its like to be in the armed services and stationed overseas :werd: so its interesting hearing your perspective on things..

:werd:

u got it bru... :thumb:

off the subject of the presidency...4 a mo...

The answer to capturing Ben Ladin or Bin Laden, (whicheva is correct...) :kekeke:

is to withdraw OUR billions of dollars, our thousands of troops, and just send a handful of Navy Seals & Special Forces on a covert operation based mission to target his capture. With the public not being informed, ... I bet ya,...he'll be captured quicker PLUS we save billions of dollars if we did it my way... cuz surely he will surface...ridiN high on a camel yo! :sonny:

asides his capture,...i don't see any logical reasons of us still there...

ok yall..im finished with this topic...imma work on a portrait... I hope everybody has a blessed day!!! :sonny:

peace

cookie

Hey I think John Kerry would've done a good job as president 'cause he was looking out for the people that lost their jobs over the last 4 years, he's not a slimy guy, anyone what's wrong with being human? That's why a black person will never be president 'cause they think that black people are all thugs, we're allowed to sing, dance, rap, and play basketball, as long as we don't run for president!?? :what: Kerry has class 'cause he called up George Bush and congradulated him for winning the election. The police can't do everything and I wasn't just blaming Bush for that 'cause that's always there but it's gonna get worse if there's no jobs there, come on now, common sense would tell u that, but as long as u have a job u don't care right? I have a job but i'm just getting by, I'm more worried about paying bills than I am about a terrorist killing me. No offense to anyone that likes him here but I think that Bush has done a horrible job as president 'cause more countries hate us now and our youth is ignorant to politics and that's why he won the election(75% of Americans 18-30 voted for Bush while the overall adult vote for Bush was 51%), I think mainstream hip-hop needs to become more conscious for the hip-hop generation 'cause the fans are just as ignorant as the artists are about politics and I blame these ignorant pop rappers for getting these ignorant young people to go vote 'cause how're gonna be paying attention to politics if you're partying and doing drugs all the time?! :dunno: People that don't know about politics shouldn't vote! I guess they won't complain if they drafted to go, I'm one of the only 25% of young Americans that voted for Kerry, if you seriously looked at the issues you'd realise that Bush is doing a terrible job, the 2000 election was rigged but I ain't gonna say no more about that! :cya: There are no winners in war!