JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The DEFintion goes GOLD!

DevilsJim89

According to this week's hip-hop and R&B charts...we got LL Cool J's The DEFintion certified GOLD (500,000 copies sold). Theres a little key at the bottom of the chart on the site that signifies this. Funny cuz Nelly's two albums didnt hit Gold yet haha...go Cool J!

http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/randb.jsp

Also note, Queen Latifah's Dana Owens Album was released on Interscope. So it looks like FP and Latifah are on the same label. A possible collabo? Should've happened, maybe it will...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great!! I think it should have gone gold faster tho'. Rap/Hip-Hop albums these days by artists who have a mainstream following go platnium straight out the box. Hopefully "Hush" pushes it 2 platnium leading 2 more videos, singles, touring, etc.

I don't know if i want Queen Latifah on FP's new album...her current album is worse than the Born To Reign stunt when it comes 2 experimenting. Ha ha...just playin'...i'd love 2 hear something from them 2gether.

:bowdown: This is great news, it's sad though that he and Will are the only ol' school mcs that can hit the top 40 on the Billboard charts these days! :sad6: De La Soul's new album debuted at #87! :what: I wanna see LL's album go multiplatinum and sell more than you know who(I won't say their names 'cause these artists don't even deserved to be mentioned anymore, we hear their names too much already as it is) 'cause his music is more quality than theirs!

When I read that topic, I was like "Just now?!?!" I'm disappointed. This is a really strong album. I don't think it was exposed fully like it should've been. I think this is the fans fault. Hopefully it will be platnium by next year. Maybe at the start of the new year if things get goin'.

I think this is the fans fault.

:werd: Me too, they rather go buy that other hip-hop trash out right now than buy LL's album, it should be platinum by now! The sad thing is that I think Nas' new album is gonna do worse record sales wise 'cause his new single "Bridgin' The Gap" ain't getting any airplay while you could hear the same trash getting played over and over, "Hush" ain't doing that well either right now as it should, but at least it's getting some airplay! :ditto: It all comes down to fans liking trash music! :sad6:

Sorry Ted, let me rephrase that. I meant fans of LL. Not hip hop fans in general. Everybody has their particular taste 4 one reason or another. Like lambert 4 example. He's one of the only ones into 50 Cent. I admit I've been into 50. Maybe he's not like he was then. But dah well. I'm not a true fan of LL but I like his music.

My one friend listens only to rock almost (this is the girl who surprised me when i found some Roots, 2pac, Fugees in her collection). She dogged me cuz i made her stop flippin' radio stations when i heard "Hush" on the radio. I usually let her listen 2 what ever she wants (which i usually don't like) but i MADE her stop 4 this song even tho' i've heard it 100 times. She didn't like it much tho'...she just shook her head. :roll:

I think there is a good chance people taste 4 Hip-Hop will grow or change. Nelly's new albums have slipped. Suit is the only one hight on the charts. And Eminem's new track is only number 6. That's depressing since all his stuff hits number one. Maybe some people are realizing these guys suck.

Guest lambertj3

Sorry Ted, let me rephrase that. I meant fans of LL. Not hip hop fans in general. Everybody has their particular taste 4 one reason or another. Like lambert 4 example. He's one of the only ones into 50 Cent. I admit I've been into 50. Maybe he's not like he was then. But dah well. I'm not a true fan of LL but I like his music.

thank u fu you are one of the rare people on this board with brains and objectivity, and obviously realize EVRYBODY taste is different therefore no need to diss them continually because they don't like eveyone you like. :werd:

EVRYBODY taste is different therefore no need to diss them continually because they don't like eveyone you like. :werd:

:werd: Yeah man that's why I'm not sayin' the names anymore of artists that I dont like 'cause I don't wanna offend anyone that likes them, that's their opinion, but I've been a fan of LL since I started listening to hip-hop and I think that he inspires more than even Nas does, but that's just my opinion of course, some people think that LL's the wackest mc out right now, while I think he's the best mc out right now, he was the best mc out, and will continue to be 'cause I look up to him,even when his sales slip, I'll still support him 'cause I'm a fan of his. Hey I think some of 50 Cent's tracks are dope, but not enough them to say that I'm his fan, but that's my opinion, no disrespect towards him. It's also my opinion that I think most of hip-hop is garbage right now, but you might think all hip-hop is dope right now but that's ur opinion, I won't get offended by it! :ditto: Personally though I wanna see a rapper go #1 on the charts not flashing jewelery, rapping about hoes, or rapping about shooting everybody, but that's just my opinion, since most people like that, which is sad, but that's just my opinion, since u might think it's great for them do rap about that all the time, I personally find it boring! :dunno: