JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A Great Year For JJFP Fans...

Hero1

What films has he got planned after all the promotion duties for Hitch are over

What films has he got planned after all the promotion duties for Hitch are over

Hopefully none until he releases a few more albums, I can hold on a few years watching his DVDs but I don't think I could hold on a few more years waiting for a new CD, I'm more of a music fan than a movie fan! :dj:

WILL SAID... --->>> He's waiting on me to drop my book first in a few years..so his break will be extended ... That way me, him and Jeff can coolaborate 'solely' on the soundtrack...with Will being "MY" co~star in the movie itself...after he helps me write the screenplay, ...so ...yea no more movies till then! :lolsign:

That was NOT a little fib, cuz I wanted 2 pull anyone's leg!!! ...but the hugest lie, that I could possibly 'dream of'. LOL :kekeke: No sleep last nyte... :dunno: So i guess this is a 'daydream'? Ain't nothin wrong wit dat! :sonny:

On topic 4 real yo! I honestly feel ashamed 2 say that I have ONLY seen I~Robot... which was just recently on Will's bday... :what: but Imma catch up tho...

but yea, Julie I was feeling what u sayd bout the World tour. God knows I hate to sound selfish, but dang..everytyme I turned around Will or JJ was in another country with promotions or working on something...and not doing much here in the mainland US...so before a world tour, I would at least like for them to do something in the states first... (just as JJ mentioned --> ) with the suprise at sum clubs in different cities...like um..let me think...

oh yea...ATLANTA. lmbo :lolsign: *sleep deprived* and blasting a cd AJ sent me sumtyme last year!!!... :thumb:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

he hasnt got any movies lined up at the moment.. Will really wants to get out and perform.. i think the success of switch and the album will determine whether it happens or not

Yeah, no more Born To Reigns. There is STILL no excuse 4 how poorly it sold. It may have been an experimental album, but that's no excuse 4 it 2 at least go platnium. It's up 2 us 2 get the word out there, pick the album up the week it drops, and try 2 keep people from uploading/downloading the album.

he hasnt got any movies lined up at the moment.. Will really wants to get out and perform.. i think the success of switch and the album will determine whether it happens or not

Yeah, no more Born To Reigns. There is STILL no excuse 4 how poorly it sold. It may have been an experimental album, but that's no excuse 4 it 2 at least go platnium. It's up 2 us 2 get the word out there, pick the album up the week it drops, and try 2 keep people from uploading/downloading the album.

"Born To Reign" shoulda gone platinum but Jazzy Jeff's mixtapes should go platinum too 'cause he's a legendary DJ and veteran mcs like KRS-ONE should go platinum too 'cause they're still in the game and deserve the recognition rather than a lot of these cats in hip-hop that're going platinum making CDs with no heart, I wouldn't be surprised if Will never goes platinum again not 'cause his skills are falling but it'll be 'cause people like garbage music these days, how many hip-hop CDs in this decade that went platinum are great? :dunno: In order to go platinum you have to promote prostitution, drugs, greed, and gangs to make your album appealing, people don't buy that much hip-hop that has a positive message only Nas and LL Cool J are going platinum by rapping with heart but barely platinum unlike those ignorant mcs(no need to name them) are going multiplatinum with no heart and talk about killing their wives, hip-hop was created originally to clean up the streets, we should be rapping about stopping prostitution, drugs, greed, and gangs, not making it sound cool! :what: What's out there these days is polluting the streets! :sad6: That's why most hip-hop with heart doesn't go #1 on the charts anymore!

It's like what I said on my song "Dark Ages Of Hip-Hop"

"Uh, Uh, hip-hop lost it's head

Too much pop s**t

That's we gotta stop again

Few wanna stop it

And plenty don't just plot hits

Many performers are knocked with the gimmick

Taken over from them industry heads

Who wanna just bust elementary lyrics

With more imagery pics

Taken the place with filthy graphics

What kind of great generation are we livin' in?

When controversy outsells talent!"

"Code Red" and "Born To Reign" are still great albums even though they didn't go platinum but they're not the only albums in hip-hop history that were slept on, a lot of great albums right now are being sleep on and FP should do a tour whether the album sells a lot or not 'cause he owes it to the fans, we still show him love! :ditto:

FP has to tour for this album. I think he could and jeff coulda sold way way more if they went out and toured the world for music, not movies with music on the side for 20min shows. You dont drop an album, wait to see what happens then decide to go on tour for it. You go on tour immediatly to promote it. A tour is a huge promotion tool.

• Admin

FP has to tour for this album. I think he could and jeff coulda sold way way more if they went out and toured the world for music, not movies with music on the side for 20min shows. You dont drop an album, wait to see what happens then decide to go on tour for it. You go on tour immediatly to promote it. A tour is a huge promotion tool.

people gotta buy the tickets to the shows.. if they dont know any of the new music how is that gonna happen?

How about if they start touring when "Switch" drops would that be a good idea? What about all the people that bought a JJFP album, they wouldn't go to the show just to hear the old school tracks? These are not new artists, they already have plenty of hits under their belts already and are household names in hip-hop, so I'm sure fans would be interested in seeing them, it's kinda sad that they haven't toured since the late '80s, maybe that's why they lost a lot of ol' school fans! :sad6: