JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rihanna Allegedly Assaulted By Chris Brown

Big Willie

The 20-year-old Barbadian-born star sustained trauma to her face and body, including major contusions to both sides of her face, a split lip, swelling, bruising and a bloody nose, US website TMZ reports.

The site also alleges that police photos of Rihanna's injuries show the complainant to have bite marks on her arms and on several fingers. The crime report was filed under the singer's real name, Robyn Fenty.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the singer is providing "ongoing cooperation" to detectives investigating the case against her partner. She has not been seen in public since the allegations were made.

Officers from the Los Angeles Police Department responded to a 911 call at around 12.30am on Sunday morning - just hours before Rihanna and Brown were scheduled to perform at the Grammy Awards. Both had also received nominations.

TMZ claims it was an onlooker in LA's residential Hancock Park area who called police after witnessing what the LA Times described as a "loud, violent confrontation" shortly after the pair left music impresario Clive Davis's star-studded pre-Grammys gala at the Beverly Hilton hotel.

Brown was not at the scene of the alleged assault when LAPD officers arrived, but voluntarily surrendered to police later that evening. He was charged with making criminal threats and released on $50,000 (£33,550) bail. He may face further charges.

Rihanna sought treatment for her injuries at the Cedars-Sinai hospital. An eyewitness told website radaronline.com: "Rihanna was clearly very upset by what had happened and I could hear her screaming. Rihanna was trying to get her point across about something, she sounded like she was crying as she tried to get her point across."

A silver Lamborghini sports car leased by Brown at a cost of $2000 (£1340) a day has been impounded by police as part of the investigation, as the alleged incident may have begun in the luxury vehicle.

Brown's spokesman has yet to comment on the situation.

One of the multi-platinum selling performer's sponsors, Doublemint chewing gum, have suspended an advertising campaign featuring the star.

In a statement, the brand's parent company said: "Wrigley is concerned by the serious allegations made against Chris Brown. We believe Mr Brown should be afforded the same due process as any citizen. However we have made the decision to suspend the current advertising featuring Brown and and related marketing activity".

Brown - whose dancing ability draws frequent comparisons to a young Michael Jackson - has previously spoken of the 'terror' he felt when witnessing his mother suffering domestic abuse at the hands of his stepfather.

" He made me terrified all the time, terrified like I had to pee on myself," Brown told Giant magazine.

"I remember one night he made her nose bleed. I was crying and thinking, 'I'm just gonna go crazy on him one day...' I hate him to this day."

In a statement, Rihanna's publicist said her client was "well" and thanked fans for their "concern and support".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...hris-Brown.html

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I can't believe it, that's so damn low

Theres a lot of rumours flying around.

Chris got a booty call, so she slapped him numerous times, and he then assaulted her.

Chris assaulted her because she gave him herpes. (I'm not making it up, its really a rumour)

It's not even 100% confirmed it was Rihanna, as of yet. Hence "allegedly" in the title.

Bottom line is, as a man you can restrain a woman, but you do not raise your hand to them in an aggressive manner.

yeah i was shocked too, Chris Brown seemed like such a nice guy, he messed his life up a bit there.

i heard at first it was an unidentified woman he assulted, then i heard it was rihanna, now its back to another woman again, so who knows whats going on. Rihanna is cancelling a lot of stuff tho. i hope shes ok.

Just found a new rumour.

Now, it seems as if every few seconds a new piece of information about the whole Chris and Rihanna incident surfaces, and each one seems to be more shocking than the first. Earlier we told you how Rihanna is reported to be needing plastic surgery after the attack, and since then a whole host of stories have emerged, including that Chris threatened to kill Rihanna and choked her, plus one another that rapper Jay-Z is "furious" about what happened, and that Chris Brown is basically a "walking dead man". Yikes! Anyway, the latest twist involves our very own Leona, who was a guest at the pre-Grammys party both Chris and Rihanna attended just before the fight. Witnesses who claim they were also at the same party have alleged that Chris was "flirting" with the Bleeding Love singer, with one saying, "They were carrying on and laughing, and Rihanna saw Chris with his hand on the small of Leona's back. It may have been innocent, but that set Rihanna off." Friends of Leona's have been quick to rubbish the claims, saying, "Leona's not like that. She wouldn't flirt and is happy in her own relationship. This has nothing to do with her!" As well as the reports about Leona, other sources in the US are claiming that it was a text sent to Chris' phone that sparked the argument. "He got a text," explains one source, "Rihanna saw it and she got upset. They started to argue. She got out of the car. He wanted her to get back in, so he grabbed her. She pulled away. That’s when she’s told people he hit her." Rihanna has now been discharged from an LA hospital and is staying with friends. It is also being reported that Chris has repeatedly tried to contact her to make amends, but she is refusing to speak to him.

Although this does not justify it, I heard from an interview that he has childhood memories of his father beating his mother, and that he's sometimes still traumatized by this.

Yeah according to Chris his stepfather beat his mother. Which to me is all the more reason to never raise your hand to a woman yourself.

Although this does not justify it, I heard from an interview that he has childhood memories of his father beating his mother, and that he's sometimes still traumatized by this.

Yeah according to Chris his stepfather beat his mother. Which to me is all the more reason to never raise your hand to a woman yourself.

Yeah Big Will is right, that doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

My father beat my mother too but I'd rather kill myself than beat a woman or a kid, that's seriously pathetic what Chris did, the worst thing he could do IMO.