Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

7 pounds - Box Office Numbers

Hero1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well nothing last forever....hehe I don't think being at number 2 it's a flop...at least for the moment.

I guess Jim Carrey's movie will be at number 1. I was expecting this, and next week the number one will be for Brad Pitt.

Edited by Sandy

Well part of it is due to the fact that it's opening on way fewer screens than Jim Carrey's Yes Man. SP is playing on 2758 plus screens while Yes Man is opening on over 3500 screens. That coupled with the fact that no one knew about the plot of SP & its dark nature is probably not the best way to market a movie. Weather may also be a factor. In the U.S. the midwest & northeast were battered by a bad winter storm(I have 4 inches of ice outside my home).

That being said, I think it's kind of hard to call it a flop since it didn't get a wide U.S. release(wide release means over 3200 screens).

It's a flop based on wills standards topdawg.. It's also gonna face tough competition next week with five really big movies coming out.. So I doubt it will make 100 million..ending wills 8 movie streak