JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

KANYE WEST IS AN IDIOT

JumpinJack AJ

Sorry Kanye fans...but he really is an idiot. He has this twisted sense in his head of how the world views him. His flow as always been lackluster, his lyrics always average, his production usually good. Of course his new music sucks 2 no end. Wack vocals, wack lyrics, wack production. So on top of all that, he still manages 2 make ridiculous comments about how great he is why his music is hitting an all time low. Read and be annoyed...

Kanye West says he's 'voice of this generation'

11/13/2008 4:00 PM, AP

Derrik J. Lang

Kanye West is to music what Michael Jordan was to basketball — at least that's what West thinks, in his humble estimation.

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice," he said in an interview on Wednesday. "It's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

The Grammy-winning rapper-producer said Justin Timberlake had a chance to be music's MVP, but hasn't put out enough material. (Timberlake's last album was in 2006, while West released a CD last year and is releasing his latest — "808s and Heartbreak" — on Nov. 24.)

"There were people who had the potential to do it but they went on vacation, so when Justin went on vacation I made albums," he said. "And it just came out to be that."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the Hatin' begin! lol

Actually he was right about Justin if it was what make y'all so mad, he has been working and bringing out music, as a producer and as a singer, while most of the people have been doing other stuff. Big Ego? yeah, but its not as if we didnt know that from a long time ago, reporters love to hear him talking all those stupid things he say, and it has never affected his music or his productions, and as long as it doesnt, I wont pay no mind to it. Im not a Kanye's fan, and I dont own any of his albums as Im sure you all at least have one, but I can appreciate the good things in the mud, and theres a lot of good in that peace of mud..

Can Kanye be a jerk? Absolutely. I doubt that I'll like his new album but again I appreciate him from taking such a drastic departure from what he normally does and experiment musically. That said, he is probably the most arrogant musician I've seen. People have known this since he first came out. A lot of musicians are arrogant. You don't think Justin's got ego issues? Jay-Z? Prince? Aretha?

Kanye seems to be arrogant and foolish sometimes, but his music is awesome! Great production, good lyrics and average flow. I don't feel his new stuff (autotune crap), but College Dropout put conscious hip hop (Mos Def, Talib Kweli) into mainstream again, when commercial garbage like eminem, nelly and 50 cent was running this rap ****. Furthermore he put Chi-town back on the map (Twista, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Rhymefest, Gemini) and they are definately Hip Hop capitol nowadays.

Kanye seems to be arrogant and foolish sometimes, but his music is awesome! Great production, good lyrics and average flow. I don't feel his new stuff (autotune crap), but College Dropout put conscious hip hop (Mos Def, Talib Kweli) into mainstream again, when commercial garbage like eminem, nelly and 50 cent was running this rap ****. Furthermore he put Chi-town back on the map (Twista, Common, Lupe Fiasco, Rhymefest, Gemini) and they are definately Hip Hop capitol nowadays.

i agree, i mean he has his connections with the lesser known hip hop artists. i was listening to college dropout the other day and i forgot that get em high had kweli AND common on it. crazy. if he got more of these conscious rap giants out there hip hop could change. if anyting he is the gateway for that.

Come on, this is definitely not the first time he's said something stupid. He's due one very stupid line every quarter, at least.

That said, he still makes some cool music (sound wise, not so much lyrically any more. And auto-tune does not count). I don't like a lot of the people he collaborates with and I think he's been on a downward trend though.

Yeah i like his music, i think since lost and found the only hip hop albums ive bought were Kanyes and Jeffs. I think his new album will be ok, i'll buy it but im hoping he goes back to his old style next time. And as for him, yeah hes pretty much an ass. And when i dont like the artist as a person it makes me like them less as a rapper.

Hes got a good point about Justin tho, he needs to make more albums and less films. But that goes for other artists i like, without mentioning any names.

• Admin

always been overrated..hip hop these days is so lackluster people will cling on to anything that isn't mediocre..everyone says they like his beats but that's only because he's one of the few artists who can actually afford to sample these days..his talent is minimal at best

Hahaha Well can't say I'm suprised to be hearin this here. Anyway Kanye is a great rapper. He has a huge ego and somethimes yeah he'll say some off the wall stuff that will have you lookin like "Is he sereious?" but hey his statements are not groundless. In his music he does what he wants to do not what the record company wants him to do (his newest album "808s & Heartbreak" for example). In that album He sings and it's an actuall piece of him. He puts so much emotion in that album and expresses his feelings which in this case is about the loss of his mother (Coldest Winter) and the break-up with his ex-fiancee (the rest of the album). SIDEBAR: No one deserves the feeling of losing a girl they were in love with DevilsJim89 ...it hurts like a bitch. Anyway he says he is the Micheal Jordan of music everybodys eyes were on Jordan when he was doin his thing. There was a lot of hype around him. There's hype around Kanye too. Now personally I woulda never been so bold as to call myself the Michael Jordan of music but his statement isn't comepletly groundless.

With all due respect, how can the people who actually support Kanye's recent musical endevors or like his new music support him that way, but u tear apart Born To Reign as a whole so easily. Born To Reign seems like a Hip-Hop classic compared 2 all of Kanye's recent songs.