JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada/Fam/Misc

MissAshley

Ben Stiller, Chris Rock to promote Dreamworks movie in Netanya

Stars of new animation film Madagascar 2 to arrive on November 22 to promote movie at Netanya theater

Following Jerry Seinfeld’s visit last year to promote his Bee Movie, Dreamworks Animation decided to hold a premiere in Israel celebrating their new animation.

This time, the movie is Madagascar 2. Its stars, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and Jada Pinkett Smith and Hollywood producer Jeffrey Katzenberg, who accompanied Seinfeld on last year’s visit, will make their way to Israel.

Ben Stiller, who is the voice of Alex the lion, will be joined by Chris Rock (Marty the zebra) and Will Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith (Gloria the hippopotamus).

They are scheduled to land in Israel on Saturday, November 22 and participate in the celebrative screening which will take place that same night at Globus Max theater at the Poleg junction in Netanya.

Madagascar, which came out in 2005, became one of the top three box office busting animations in Israel, with more that half a million viewers.

Madagascar 2 will be shown at movie theaters during Hanukkah, starting December 18. This premiere is the first international Israeli screening to be shown outside of Tel Aviv in an attempt to launch the new movie center in the periphery.

Details of the Hollywood delegation’s accommodations and schedules have not yet been finalized but they are expected to be in Israel for two to three days.

Yoram Globus, the chairman of Globus Group, who will distribute the movie in Israel said, “It is a big honor to have stars of such caliber coming to Israel. I am happy and proud of the fact that the studios see us as part of the international movie map.”

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3614773,00.html

Edited by Ale

Jada Pinkett Smith: My Life With Will

Forget the parade of celebs in commercials flaunting their newly slimmer selves -- the wife of superstar Will Smith has packed on the pounds.

Jada Pinkett Smith returns as the voice of Gloria the Hippo in the sequel to Madagascar. Gloria is a heavyweight in every sense of the word, which is why Jada loved playing her the second time around. Adding to the fun was having her daughter Willow, supply the voice of baby Gloria.

Q: So you're OK with being a hippo who's not exactly svelte?

A: I've been that tiny girl that's always wanted more body. So this was a great opportunity for me. My dream came true. I got a lady that's got a lot of body and she's very proud of it. Actually, I think that's a really wonderful message for adults as well as children that you've got to be happy in your own skin.

Q: And she also has an unquenchable spirit.

A: What I love about Gloria is the confidence that she has. She could care less what anybody else thinks and she kind of leads her army. She's doing her own thing. She creates her own passion, makes her own way. I admire that about her.

Q: There's a lot of her determination in you, isn't there?

A: I try. I have a lot of help from my husband. What makes our relationship work in our family is, I think, that we can switch roles a lot. When I need help Will can take over and when he needs help I can take over for him.

Q: It's a little hard to imagine you taking over for a force of nature like Will.

A: You know it's funny, Will and I talk about this all the time -- about how people perceive us and how we're probably the exact opposite in our personal lives. I'm very clear on who Will is and he's very clear on who I am, and that's how you keep it real, by staying true to yourself. It's not living up to an image of who you want people to think you are. That's where I think people get messed up. They create this image outside of who they really are, and then they get caught up in it.

Q: So who are you really?

A: I'm a girl-guy and I always have been. I'm a tomboy, I like boxing, and I like sports. The irony is I was the girl in school that was always very petite and underdeveloped so I was thought of as everybody's little sister. I was never the girlfriend. I was always the little sister. People always liked having me around because I was cute and funny and energetic and different. Guys were going, 'We love Jada. That's my girl. That's my little sister, right there.'

Q: Now, you seem so confident. Was there ever a time when you weren't?

A: When I was a student at Baltimore School for the Arts, I remember I was messing up really bad. I was not going to school, and just doing stuff I wasn't supposed to be doing. I'll never forget a teacher who brought me into his office and said, 'Jada you have so much potential. You have more talent in the tip of your little pinkie finger than most people have in their whole bodies. Why are you throwing your life away?' I think that's when I started getting the message.

Q: I guess from the outside looking in, you and Will seem to have a pretty perfect marriage.

A: Imperfection is what makes perfection. My life with Will is beautiful and sound, but I don't want people to misunderstand what that means. That doesn't mean that we don't have disagreements or that sometimes I want him out of my face and he wants me out of his. We have moments in our love life when it's really hot and moments in our love life when it's not. I want people to understand that we are extremely happy because we have dealt with what the realities of relationships are instead of dealing with the romanticized version. Relationships are difficult and they take a lot of work. But it is very possible, in living in that reality to have a fantastic relationship.

Q: What are you striving for in your life and career?

A: Freedom, and it's not really fantasy, is something that I've been working on making a reality. It's just having that freedom, just being able to knock down all those barriers that we create for ourselves and knock down all those walls. There should be nothing that's impossible for any of us, you know, for anything that we decide to do with our lives. For some reason women have been told that we're limited, that we have a glass ceiling above our heads and that's just not true.

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebrity-...ml?archive=true

5 Minutes of The Day the Earth Stood Still

Yahoo has posted another extended look at the upcoming remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. The five minute trailer features some new footage, but it’s mostly just a condensed version of the 7 minute preview that was released in September.

The flick opens December 12 and stars Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly, Kathy Bates, Jaden Smith, Jon Hamm, Kyle Chandler and John Cleese.

http://themovingpicture.net/5-minutes-of-t...rth-stood-still

Edited by MissAshley

ACTRESS PINKETT SMITH GIVES UP ON GYM

Fighting fit actress JADA PINKETT SMITH has put a halt to her rigorous exercise regime - because her extreme workouts are taking a toll on her ageing joints.

The Matrix star, 37, admits she's had to stop pumping iron and take a more relaxing approach to ease her aches and pains.

She says, "Right now I just do yoga maybe three times a week. As I've gotten older the gym's just not good on my joints anymore. I do a lot of activities outside. I do a lot of hiking, I love to run a little bit, I'm surfing now...

I've got to keep up with my kids." But the actress, who is married to actor Will Smith, insists her action-star husband keeps her fit as well.

She adds, "At home, with my husband - we like to wrestle a little bit."

Source: http://www.pr-inside.com/achy-actress-pink...-up-r892522.htm

'Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa' star Jada Pinkett Smith's animal magnetism

BY. J.R. GRIFFIN

Saturday, November 1st 2008, 4:00 AM

At last weekend's AIDS Foundation Dream Halloween Benefit in Santa Monica, Calif., Jada Pinkett Smith dressed as Supergirl.

The costume was the perfect fit for the ultimate Hollywood multihyphenate. The 37-year-old mother of three (Willow, 8, and Jaden, 10, with her husband, Will Smith, and stepmom to Trey, 15, from Will's previous marriage) was most recently seen in "The Women" and "Reign Over Me"; has directed her first film, "The Human Contract"; is executive producing a TV series pilot for TNT ("Time Heals"); records and tours with her rock band, Wicked Wisdom, and has one of the strongest marriages in Tinseltown.

"I like doing it all, juggling all of that right now," she says the morning after screening "The Human Contract" at the Chicago Film Festival. "But I can see in the future directing being my main focus."

This Friday, she'll co-star in "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" as the voice of hefty hippo Gloria, who embarks on another adventure with her on-the-lam zoo pals (voiced by Ben Stiller, Chris Rock and David Schwimmer). So what better time to unleash a bunch of animal questions her way? She took them on like the queen of the jungle.

What's the weirdest thing you learned about hippos working on the "Madagascar" movies?

I learned that hippos are the most dangerous animals on safari. They create the most fatalities because people think they're slow and when they're in water, people try to get close. They tend to crush people with their jaws very quickly.

They're bad-ass.

They are. I was like, "Whoa, okay!"

Do you have any hippo traits?

I don't think so. But I do like long baths.

What was your favorite pet as a kid? Or now?

I love pets. I had dogs and hamsters as a kid. We have quite a few pets now: three cats, two dogs and a red-tail boa constrictor named Beauty.

How do people react to her when they come over?

People are pretty fascinated. She's gorgeous and we just love her.

Can you feel a connection with a snake, like a dog or cat?

Yes, she's very calm. She likes to sit on your neck and give you massages. And she just really likes to chill out. She'll sit on my lap while I'm watching TV.

How does one get a snake massage exactly and know you're about to get strangled?

She kind of rolls her body across your neck. And she'll just move her muscles in her body. It's her way to show affection. They have a lot of affinity. She only goes to a few people right away. She really loves Rosario Dawson. She's the only other person that she went straight to.

I'm assuming you watched a lot of animal movies growing up or with the kids now. Any favorites that stand out?

You know what, I don't watch animal movies because they end up being so sad. That's one of the things I love about "Madagascar" - it's an animal movie, nobody dies. It's a good time. But "Bambi," "Dumbo," "White Fang," ugh, they're depressing.

Central Park Zoo or Bronx Zoo?

Um, Central Park, just because it's close to where we stay. I don't really like zoos. I was so glad in "Madagascar" when they escaped and got away from the zoo. Even in my own house, I think I'll never get an animal like a snake again where I have to keep her in an aquarium. We have this whole thing for Beauty outside for her to be in a natural habitat. But at the end of the day, she knows she's caged into her aquarium. We can't set her into the wild now, but I told Willow we won't do this again and won't have any animals that need to stay like that.

We're not going to see you on the news freeing animals any time soon, are we?

Maybe when I get older, that'll become one of my activist endeavors.

What animal is Will most like?

A lion. He's quite the leader and right now, he's the king of the jungle.

Same question - but in bed?

In bed? Still a lion!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/m...r_jada_pin.html

--------------------------------------------------------

lol @ the lion. I was wondering what Willow named her snake. They're missing like five dogs though, all the Rotties?

Edited by MissAshley
citing source

i imagine most of the Rotties are dead now, they only live about 10 years, that picture of Will and the dogs was taken around the 96 era i think. I think one is still alive, Will said during IAL he had a Rottie, a cross Labrador with a German Shepard and a cross Husky an German Shepard.

aww, damn. thanks a lot Julie! lol. nah, kidding.

I didn't know they didn't live that long. I know they had Rocco, who died from a snake bite, she must be talking about the two dogs she had on the Dog Whisperer 100th episode special, Luigi the Lhasa Apso that Cesar always keeps and another that was with her, couldn't tell you the breed if I tried.

* apparently they had: – shepherd Zeus, Alaskan malamute Rocco and Lhasa apso Luigi.

Edited by MissAshley

Will Smith Wears His Serious Game Face

Mon, 11/03/2008

Will Smith put on his cheering hat to hit the stands for his son Trey's high school football game in Agoura Hills on Friday. Looks like he wasn't feeling festive enough to don a costume, but maybe he took his kids out trick-or-treating after the game. Lately Will has been putting in plenty of doting dad time before he starts promoting Seven Pounds, but we all know that tomorrow he'll take time out from being an actor and family man to hit the voting booth with the rest of us.

Pics!

http://popsugar.com/2463327

Edited by Ale

Pinkett Smith is a happy hippo in 'Madagascar,' as mom and wife

By Donna Freydkin, USA TODAY

NEW YORK — If Jada Pinkett Smith could be reincarnated as an animal, she'd go the feline route.

"I'd probably be a black panther, because they're very mysterious and absolutely the most breathtaking animals I've ever seen. I saw two in Africa. We were in a wild park, and they were in their natural habitat," she says. "It was just lying there, saying: 'Don't come too close. If you get out of the car, I've got something for all that.' "

The Los Angeles home she shares with her husband, Will Smith, and their children, Jaden, 10, and Willow, 8, is filled with creatures great and small. "We've got two dogs, three cats and a snake. Willow has a boa constrictor. She loves snakes."

Pinkett Smith got to indulge her wild side while voicing lovable hippo Gloria in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. In the sequel to the 2005 animated hit, opening today, Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer, Pinkett Smith and Chris Rock play four-legged creatures who have left their Central Park Zoo cages for the wilds of Africa.

"I've always wanted more body, so it was really fantastic that I got the opportunity to play such a gloriously hefty lady," Pinkett Smith, 37, says during a visit to the American Museum of Natural History's Hall of African Mammals. "It's always fun to crawl back into Gloria's skin. It's really rare that you get to play a character twice."

It's even rarer that you get to do it with your daughter. Willow is an actress and voiced baby Gloria in the movie's opening scenes. Pinkett Smith calls the experience "fantastic. She'd been so interested in the process, and it was great that she could learn the process by participating. It took her a minute to get used to the microphone and the fact that there wouldn't be any other actors."

Both of her children are actors: Willow appeared in this year's Kit Kittredge: An American Girl, and Jaden stars in the upcoming The Day the Earth Stood Still. Pinkett Smith isn't worried about the children entering the family business. "If that's what they want to do, who knows? Whatever they want, as long as they're happy. That's what matters."

Pinkett Smith, who just wrapped her directorial debut, The Human Contract, will happily share the screen with the kids but has no plans to direct them. "Not anytime soon. I'm Mommy. That's all I need to be to them."

In Madagascar, giraffe Melman (Schwimmer) has the hots for Pinkett Smith's Gloria. It's an odd pairing, to be sure, but Pinkett Smith knows a little about love. The key to her decade-long marriage to her famous spouse?

"I don't think there's a secret. Communication and friendship and being in sync with your priorities. Love and family are first," she says. "No relationship is easy, but when everyone has the same priorities, anything can be worked out.

"We spend a lot of time together. We come home, and our date is spending time together at home. The kids go to bed, and it's just us. We live a really normal life."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2...ett-smith_N.htm