JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

EMINEM A THREAT?

diehardwill

:nhawong: I don't understand you men! Ok eminem sells more, but what is the problem? I don't like him, he's nobody for me, I hate his voice and flow and I think he's a commercial invention. and I don't care if his album goes platinum and will's one not. I want new stuff from Will, JJFP!! They are hip hop, if people don't like them,it's their problem not mine. Will must do what he likes to do, not what people like. fans didn't like B2R? I think trax like act like you know, hoe da beat goes, block party, gimmie tonight and gotte go home were very good! Labels controll this world, so men reason with your head and don't care about selling

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Prince,Sep 2 2004, 03:44 PM][/quote]
'Sup with the "white" references? :dunno:[/quote]
I am white...so that's not a racist comment. When it comes 2 very commercial-sellin' albums, that fact is, mostly white people are buying them. Ain't nothing wrong with that at all, but certain artists that make music that will relate ultimatly 2 the kinda person who has lived thru' this or lived thru' that. It's just kinda funny when the audience of an album seems 2 outgrow the kinda person that album relates 2. Alot of these young white kids from the suburbs are hearing stuff from him (and other artists) that they simply only hear about on the newz or in music and havn't witnessed it. My overall point is that most of the people who buy his albums dont' have the same taste as me and aren't exposed 2 Hip-Hop music as a whole. They know Eminem and what's in the top 10...and that's not my thing and i don't think alot of that stuff is legit in the 1st place.

While some people will buy both albums, they definitly make music with 2 different standards or quality and respectablity. Eminem isn't making music 4 the same people that Fresh Prince is making it 4.

Sorry if i over-explained myself, but hopefully that cleared up what my point waz.

• Members
[quote=TooFresh,Sep 2 2004, 02:31 PM]:nhawong: I don't understand you men! Ok eminem sells more, but what is the problem? I don't like him, he's nobody for me, I hate his voice and flow and I think he's a commercial invention. and I don't care if his album goes platinum and will's one not. I want new stuff from Will, JJFP!! They are hip hop, if people don't like them,it's their problem not mine. Will must do what he likes to do, not what people like. fans didn't like B2R? I think trax like act like you know, hoe da beat goes, block party, gimmie tonight and gotte go home were very good! Labels controll this world, so men reason with your head and don't care about selling[/quote]
damn right man! :bowdown:

Yeah but if we don't care about how much his albums sell, we wouldn't care 2 promote any of his work at all. I think we have this fear that if this album doesn't do well, FP will hang up the mic. That's why we're wondering if Eminem will cause a threat, that's why we do promote, and that's why we're having this big discussion. I think no matter how many times we say "I don't care if it doesn't sell", secretly we know this album HAS 2 sell, and it has 2 sell big.

As 4 Eminem...his fans will buy his album, FP's fans will buy FP's album. And if there happens 2 be a fan of both, they'll pick up both albums. So no, I don't think Eminem is much of a threat because it's not like there's a big choice between buying a KRS-One album or a Run DMC album. They are 2 completely different artists with different visions and vibes...and even different fans.

em was a better rapper when he was underground, since he became famous he's been saying the same **** over and over like Jay-Z does now who was also another rapper that was better as an underground mc. I don't think I'll be buying his album when it comes out, but that's just my opinion, and I'm not gonna stop you from buying it if you want to. Considering that there's more white people buying hip-hop than black people you'd figure that there'd be more white rappers in the game than em. :nhawong: I'm not being racist at all when I say that I'm just saying that since all kinds of people listen to hip-hop there should be more diversity of different kinds of rappers in the game, it'd only make sense. :ditto: Edited by bigted

I found this on Hiphopdx.com!

that fool's fifth LP is already creating quite a buzz as it has been pegged by with a November 16th release date. But sources close to the label have told me that a first quarter 2005 release isn’t unlikely. One thing is for sure, with “The that fool Show” moving over 19 million copies worldwide, the expectations are high…

_______

Looks like y'all might have made this post for nothing... Edited by fan 4ever

Guest lambertj3
[quote]Bull****

@ bigted, no alot of the white people buy black peoples albums becouse they think black people are cool[/quote]

thats not bull**** , and whats wrong with blacks being cool got a problem with that?