JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NEW BOYZ II MEN OUT 2DAY!!

The new Boyz II Men album "Throwback" is dropping 2day. Remember Jeff said A Touch of Jazz waz working on the album.

R. Kelly's "Happy People / U Saved Me" double album also drops 2day.

And 4 those who care, Mase's "Welcome Back" comes out 2.

All of them are $9.99 at Circuit City.

Gang Related gets re-released on DVD as well...featuring 2Pac.

R. Kelly's album comes out today? Boyz II Men too? Hell yeah I'll have some new
R&B music to vibe too, now all I need is a girl to chill wit! Damn I can't believe it! I read in a magazine and I found out that R.Kelly 37 years old, I didn't know that he was older than Will. :dunno: Speaking of ages I was shocked when I found out that Chuck D is 44 years old now, I thought he was only in his late 30's like Dr. Dre and KRS-ONE are! :dunno:

[quote=Da Brakes,Aug 24 2004, 11:39 AM]I'm still waiting for JoDeCi to get back together!! Now they were THE premier RnB group!!
:music:[/quote]
U know, I was thinking the Exact same thing when I was looking at a cd I made that had one of their songs on the tracklist.

Yeah, i think it's important 2 support these established artists. They are older and have better things (and higher quality music) 2 offer people. It seems that the business is designed 2 ignore them and support new artists, many who don't have any talent or heart.

I liked Jodeci alot. Their last album disappointed me here and there but they defintly were one of the best male R-N-B groups of the 90's. Their comeback album waz supposed 2 come out around 2000/2001 but it never did. They had 2 new songs on K-Ci + Jo Jo's "X" album but there waz no news of them on their last, 2002, album.

Boyz II Men's new album is very good...however, some of the tracks lack the magic that u'd expect from them. Still a good album, i just hope a new album comes out in a year or 2.

R. KELLY's new one is pretty good. The 1st part of it, "HAPPY PEOPLE" is what i'd like 2 call "grown folks weekend soul." Young people with non-mainstream taste will like it, but it's probably 2 advanced 4 your average young radio listener. Just feel good music R-N-B soul. If u like songs like "Step In The Name of Love"...u'll love this album. That's kinda the whole vibe of "Happy People." I like it myself, but i won't always be in the mood 4 it. Kinda makes me want the days of "Bump + Grind, Your Body's Callin,' U Remind Me of Something, I Can't Sleep, Down Low, Half On A Baby." If Marvin Gaye waz young and making music these days, some of it would be kinda like this.

The 2nd part "U SAVED ME" is an inspirational gospel album. It has a modern R-N-B feel mixed with a dash of Kirk Franklin's gospel sound. God, Prayer, and self improvment are all over the album. Very uplifting stuff that people of all ages need 2 hear. This half of the album is much better lyrically and musically. This album will speak 2 people who don't wanna hear it. Tho' i know Kelly is a spiritual man, i kinda thought that this disc may be a plan 2 make him look a lil' better with this scandel going 2 court. There have been rumors of him doing a gospel album for about 5 years and a handful of gospel songs he's done over the years, but i waz kinda skeptical. However, when i heard it, i knew this man waz 4 real.

Since i got the 2Pac live album the other week (which i already said would only be worth getting 4 die-hard fans), i waz reminded how much i love his music so i went out and got the re-release of Gang Related. I've never seen this movie (along with Bullet) so i'm finally gonna check it out. It features a "Making-Of..." featurette 4 those who care. I got mine at Circuit City which had it in a bin of Buy 1, Get 1 Free so i dug thru' it and also found Jada's movie Jason's Lyric which i've always wanted 2 see so i got that as well.

Tho' i'm not Mase's biggest fan (some of u may remember how much i hated him), i still wanna listen 2 his album in stores sincea he's changed up his game. If anyone likes him and gets it, let me know how it is.

Yeah, i love this album. Some of the songs weren't what i wanted from Boyzz II Men when i 1st heard it, so i had 2 adjust. But it only took like 2 more listens of the trax i didn't like as much 2 appriciate them 4 what they are. I'm thinking "Sara Smile" is gonna be my overall favorite. It's the 1st single...so where is the video?!? "Let It Whip" is probably my least favorite track.

[font="Arial"][color=blue]HEy AJ!!...or anyone thats heard it,...so whatta u guys think overall? is it worth getting? Cuz u pretty much know what I like with RnB flavours, ...and i really want some new music ri ght now, but just cant afford 2 get more than one or 2 new albums....cuz theres ALOT of movies i am looking at renting that just came out today...

ok...let me know, so i can figure out what album to get...i wanna hear something real chilled....

thanx..

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

If u liked Kenny Lattimore + Chante Moore's album of covers, then i think it's safe 2 say u will like this one. The new Jill Scott album is out tho'...i promise u will love it...SO GO GET IT at Circuit City where it's $11.99 and comes with a 1-track single featuring a club remix of her new single "Golden." U can usually go in2 stores like FYE and listen 2 the albums thru' their computer datebase. Just don't buy it there cuz they are over priced. Circuit City, Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy are the places 2 go for new releases.