JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MUSIC NEWZ

50 Cent to Quit if Outsold by Kanye West

AP

Posted: 2007-08-10 17:59:11

Filed Under: Music News

NEW YORK (Aug. 10) - 50 Cent believes his new album will outsell Kanye West's upcoming disc, and he's betting his solo career on it. Both 50 Cent and West have albums due out Sept. 11. 50 Cent, who has sold better than West, has been riled by forecasts that sales of West's "Graduation" could rival those for his "Curtis" CD.

"Let's raise the stakes," the 31-year-old rapper told hip-hop Web site SOHH.com in an interview posted Friday. "If Kanye West sells more records than 50 Cent on September 11, I'll no longer write music. I'll write music and work with my other artists, but I won't put out anymore solo albums."

An e-mail sent to West's publicist wasn't immediately returned Friday.

50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson, has been publicly disparaging of West before. In 2005, he suggested the 29-year-old rapper's popularity was only possible because of 50's own success.

But they recently collaborated in the studio. Their work, though, isn't scheduled to appear on either new album.

50 Cent's last full-length solo album, "The Massacre," was the best-selling disc of 2005 and sold more than 1.14 million copies in its first week of release. The same year, West's "Late Registration" opened by selling more than 860,000 copies in its first week.

Britney Spears new perfume ads are totally faked

| Posted Aug 10th 2007 11:04AM by Jonathon Morgan

Filed under: Fragrance, Celebrity Style

Hey, look! It's a photo of Britney Spears, modeling for her new perfume! That long, blond hair, tight tummy, skinny arms -- wait a second. That doesn't look like Britney Spears at all.

Because photos for the former pop star's new Believe perfume look so shockingly dissimilar to those snapped by paparazzi, many think it's not really her body in the picture. Even though Elizabeth Arden (the company selling Brit's new fragrance) claims that the photo was taken earlier this summer, it's widely rumored that Britney used a body double during the shoot -- or that the company replaced the original photo with one from Britney's archives.

It's either that, or they Photoshopped the crap out of this picture, because there's no way that's real.

According to the publicity statement for the new perfume, "We all have beliefs that are treasures in our soul" -- and that's very true. For instance, I believe this ad campaign is a joke.

-----------------------------------------------------

Spice Girl Emma Bunton Has Baby Boy

AP

Posted: 2007-08-10 12:58:18

LONDON (AP) - It's a baby boy for "Baby Spice" Emma Bunton.

The 31-year-old Spice Girls singer gave birth to a son, Beau, at London's Portland Hospital on Friday, a spokesman said.

He is the first child for Bunton and boyfriend Jade Jones.

"He is absolutely brilliant and both baby and Emma are doing fine," Jones said in a statement. "In fact, Emma is tucking into some flapjacks and Coca-Cola as we speak. We are both absolutely delighted and can't wait to take Beau home."

The Spice Girls - Bunton, Victoria Beckham, Melanie Chisholm, Geri Halliwell and Melanie Brown - had a string of global hits before splitting in 2001. In June they announced they were reuniting for a tour that will begin later this year.

On the Net:

Spice Girls:

http://www.thespicegirls.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Buying a Kanye West album has never seen so appealing 2 me!! Can u imagin just how good life would be if 50 Cent waz no longer releasing albums?!? So far, AOL's poll has 55% of the readers agreeing he should quit music if Kanye passes him in sales the 1st week. What a stupid topic. And i've seen new Britney ads. There is no way they can be real...or at least new. Cuz she looks REALLY good in them, and i don't think she's looked really good since 2003ish. And is it just me, or are the Spice Girls in the news alot reguardless of the world tour coming up. I just read that Melanie B was secretly married back in June just yesterday.

I waz actually thinkin' this. Every rapper has their Michael Jordan retirement plan. They'll have at least 3 retirements before u can take them remotely serious. I just can't see 50 stopping. He just loves the the attention and the money. And 50, having an equally big mouth would just talk trash if he gets outsold.

Y'all think 50 is about the money he can't help it if he knows how to be a bussinessman, Kanye even said 50 is, 50 loves music you can tell, now i am not going to say he hasn't become more and more commercial as his career has become bigger, but ever rappers does, believe it or not, just wait Kanye will, now I get Money is sorta like an old 50 but nothing is better then Power Of The Dollar.

I would be very surprised if 50 wouldn't release anymore albums even if he gets outsold by Kanye

I think 50 took back his comments on that bet. On that Forbes Richest Hip Hop Stars, I think they said he had a 5 album deal, so unless something goes down, we'll have at least 2 more albums. I thought with the album being titled "Curtis", it'd be a lil more down to earth. I really don't know who will sell more.