JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE MAGNIFICENT VS THE RETURN

Guest Guest_MIX PROFESSOR_*

Guest Guest_MIX PROFESSOR_*

ONE DAY COMING HOME FROM WORK,THIS QUESTION POPPED IN MY MIND. SO I DECIEDED TO ASKK ALL OF YOU WHICH ALBUM DO U LIKE BETTER. TRUST ME IT WASN'T EASY FOR ME BUT HONESTLYTHE MAGNIFICENT STANDS OUT A LIL BETTER THAN THE RETURN. I GUESS BECAUSE OF THE BEATS AND JUST THE VARIETY THAT WAS ON IT. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OR CHOICE FOR THAT MATTER? :sipread:

I purchased the first, but haven't afforded the opportunity to get the 2nd yet.. but u know imma let u know when i do tho. hah.. From what everyone has shared so far, its gonna be hard for me ...the tracklisting looks pretty good..

xoxo,

cookie

The answer is easy 4 me. I like The Return of The Magnificent better. The production is by far much better. It's much more solid and flows 2gether more as an album. The fact that most of the artists are Hip-Hop artists make the concept a bit tighter as well. The album is a bit more fun than The Magnificent. I also like that better-known artists are on the project. I think the balance is much better this time around.

The things i like more about The Magnificent is that it featured a tight knit group of people that were 4 the most part in a closer circle. I also think more of the lyrics and song topics were more down 2 earth and easier 2 relate 2 real life. The mixture of music styles was also nice...tho' it lead 2 less of a concept album.

Why i chose The Return of The Magnificent as the better album, the 1st album is definitely gonna hold a special spot in my favorites. Both albums are dope. I think i'm gonna pop The Magnificent in right now. Just imagin what the next album is gonna be like!!

TROTM is better no doubt. Better production and i believe more variety in Jeff's tunes. Don't let that take anything away from The Magnificent though cos that is a solid album with some killer cuts itself.

I also agree that the Return is better than the Magnificent album. The production is much better, there are more artists that u know, like Method Man or Big Daddy Kane. And I love the skits. They are so funny...

Jeff has 'My Store' that I added to my myspace profile with snippets of each song on the entire album. (For those who hasnt gotten it yet..) I love The Magnificent, but The Return Of The Magnificent is definately the winner. If anyone hasn't gotten the new cd yet, Jeff has made it possible for you to get one song at a tyme for less than $1 US dollar. It fits into anyone's budget, and its on his myspace page too.

xo,

cookie

I gotta go with TROTM too. Not that The Maginificent wasn't a good album or anything, but I just love TROTM. There are too many classic songs and outstanding production. Its crazy to hear the progress Jeff has made on the beats. I really liked the songs Practice, Hold It Down, The Garden, Run That Back, The Definition, All I Know, and Hip Hop. My favorites from the Maginificent were For Da Love, Da Ntro, Break it Down, and Musik Lounge. Overall, I thought the rappers were on a whole level above the Magnificent. You can tell Jeff really wanted to make TROTM perfect. He really had complete control over everything and it shows. I think this quote from JJ describes the whole album:

"I wanted to recreate my mom's basement. I wanted to recreate when there was no stress hassle, you didn't think about the music, you didn't think who was gonna play it, and you didn't think who was gonna like it. You just did music from your heart. However it comes, it comes."

Jazzy Jeff (on the way he remade his studio)

I feel that quote describes TROTM because every song he made, he did from the heart. I can feel it in the music that he really just did everything the way he wanted to make music.

I feel like TROTM will ultimately stand out as the better album. The songs fit together better and lyrically, the rappers are superior to many of those found on The Magnificent.

The Magnificent still stands as a great album tho. I've played that CD over and over and over and over. It's what I remember most about riding the bus in High School.

Good stuff.

God Blessa!