JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The music debate continues

Ages ago some1 said Will was on a programme on E4 promoting POH in the UK. It was repeated today and he mentioned music so ive got an exact quote.

Interviewer : Am i holding onto false hope wishing for more Will and just Jeff?

Will : (laughs) Jeff and I actually launched MTV in South Africa a couple of years ago for the Nelson Mandella foundation, so it was our first time back on stage for a while, so we've been doing shows and we probably wont record again but im sure you'll see us here again, we were here 2 years ago, 2005 for the princes trust.

But this interview was about 4-5 months ago, since then we've heard hes recording bnf with Jeff, but i dunno whats happerning anymore, from that it sounds like he just wants to do the odd performance and not record. Hes giving such mixed messages with this music, i dont even think he knows what he wants.

He's trying to steer away from the music and concentrate on the movies but it seems like the music is always calling him back!

and i wonder...why :stickpoke:

He needs to stop talking about a couple years ago and start talking about now.

I hope he remembers that all the money and awards hes earned from doin the movies stems from one thing: MUSIC. Jeff said it himself..there would be no Will Smith as the richest actor if it wasnt for DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince.

Man i hate to say it but Will annoys me. Why doesn't he ever make himself clear or just as he would say Don't Say Nothin'.

He said it himself..."So hard to break away from a guaranteed 20"...

He's become one of the top actors, if not the biggest actor, in Hollywood right now. acting is something he likes doing. He may love Hip Hop, but as long as those Movie Rolls keeping coming in (Which they will), it'll be hard to properly promote an album. I mean the label can't have him do Letterman for his album once, then take 5 months off to film a movie.

And there are already what, at least 3 or 4 rumored movies with Will's name attached, and he's still currently filming one. It must be hard for him to find the time....You know I'd love for a new album, or even just a new song, but you'd have to assume that it's really hard to juggle the 2 (Rapping and Acting), and acting just has a bigger guaranteed check.

I know it isn't all about the money with him when it comes to rapping, but you guys see where I'm coming from right?

i thought it's like asking why a tree grows or a river flows. i thought it was that what he was put here to do... sorry Will but you're not really authentic.

We are all waiting for a JJFP Reunion album for ages now and now this. i just don't get it. :shakehead:

• Admin

i thought it's like asking why a tree grows or a river flows. i thought it was that what he was put here to do... sorry Will but you're not really authentic.

We are all waiting for a JJFP Reunion album for ages now and now this. i just don't get it. :shakehead:

I'm sure he'll come back around..during bad boys he said he'd never record again...

Yeah, i'm not 2 worried about it. I plan on hearing new music reguardless. He also may be doing this 2 get out of his deal with Interscope. Back in the 90's, a handful of artists just totally stopped recording and touring...or doing ANYTHING. That way their labels would think they broke up or weren't gonna do anything worth releasing which got them out of their contracts. Put yourself in his shoes. There are $1,000 reason 2 not be motivated on the music front. So while he's not motivated, he's gonna say stuff like that. Taking the old interview and then putting it next 2 the newer newz that they are doing the real "Brand New Funk 2K7" shows nothing but hope 4 the hypefan.

When I was watching this I automatically knew a topic was gonna be made about that comment.

My opinion stays the same as it did throughout Will saying music may be in the past, to his doing little performances, to the rumours about a JJFP reunion and album, and through the BNF2K7 remix. It's his career, let him do what he wants with it. Whether that be movies, music, directing, or if he just wants to sit at home and eat ice cream all day, let it be.

Music is his life, he'll be back, but if he's not, he doesnt owe anyone, anything.