JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Mary Jane

Hero1

• Admin

I know some friends who smoked it a lot and became dumb as hell :3-laugh3: I think they should legalize marijuana tho.. alcohols legal..smokings legal..junk foods legal.. all bad for you

Yeah... sounds like a really good idea. Lets legalize whats bad for you... not make things that are bad for you illegal....

I dont know if thats the right way to go.

Well making marijuana illegal has't stopped people from using it has it? Its led to a whole lot of other things as well..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there is a difference between alcohol and drugs, myself i believe u are able to control your intake of alcohol a lot more than drugs, since ive never taken drugs im just assuming its more addictive. For starters alchohol and junk food are legal, 1. whether pot should be legalised is another matter, i think personally it shouldnt, ive been to amsterdam and seen the affects.

I do drink alcohol, but i know my limits, never passed out or anything, and i only drink say once a month. Yes it damages your liver, but the liver is made to get any toxins out of your body, so small amounts wont do it much harm, obviously if your binge drinking every weekend, it does harm. However if u stop at the right time, the liver is the best organ to repair itself. It can be over 50% damaged and manage to repair itself. Your brain cannot, once u damage it, thats it. Maybe i shouldnt drink, but i know the facts about it and what im doing to myself, i know my limits. And i know in a few years when im older i wont drink anymore, i dont need it.

If u are smoking cigarettes its just as bad as drugs, people know the health risks and its ridiculous why someone would start that in the first place, and junk food is the same, people need self control.

As for prescription drugs, i suppose its up to the person how much u take. i only take painkillers when i really need to and antibiotics when ive been savaged by a cat. I suppose if u take painkillers in large amounts when its not really needed it is bad for you. We have this drug in the vets called Rimadyl, its a painkiller and anti-inflammatory, we use it mainly for dogs with arthritis. It causes kidney damage if its taken too much in large doses. Its just a decision u make, the dog is in pain constantly or u risk some kidney damage.

So im not saying drinking is right, i personally know what im doing and dont believe its enough to affect me when im older. smoking and junk food are both wrong but i believe drugs are so much worse than the other things. 2. Its the first step onto a very bad road, it leads to harder drugs in a lot of cases, car accidents, loss of job, loss of friends.

1. Wat you've seen isnt a normal situation. What you saw are probably people that came here (Amsterdam) to do just that, so it's pretty clear that they over do it, which end's in unpleasant situations. Compare it to Manchester United Fans drinking Beer at a match day. You get me?

2. Those thing's can happen to you just as easy with alcohol as they can happen to you with weed. Really, weed isnt much worser for you than alcohol. It's the same thing basicly. It's about controling yourself. You gotta geep it in controle. At the end both things arent good for you now mather how you do it.

I know some friends who smoked it a lot and became dumb as hell :3-laugh3: I think they should legalize marijuana tho.. alcohols legal..smokings legal..junk foods legal.. all bad for you

Yeah... sounds like a really good idea. Lets legalize whats bad for you... not make things that are bad for you illegal....

I dont know if thats the right way to go.

Well making marijuana illegal has't stopped people from using it has it? Its led to a whole lot of other things as well..

Same with murder, rape and so on. Not saying its on the same level, but its the same thing but different. Legalize things just because people do it? Its not like its just dangerous to themselves.

And I am not saying that person (dont remember who it was) is a drug addict, I'm saying that taking drugs every day to stay up sounds very much like an addiction, but I guess there are exceptions....

And yeah I gotta add some more.

I dont do drugs. I have a friend who smokes cigarettes, and it feels like thats gonna kill me before him, but I cant stop him. Also he is a strong dude, so I think he can quit. I dont drink alcohol, except for a glass of champagne every New Years Eve. Unlike what Julie though, I really think getting drunk once a week is very much on the same level as smoking pot once a week, if not even worse. Also, it is probably also a lot more dangerous to your enviroment. Something tells me drunk driving for example is much more common than high driving, and that bar fights are more common than... high fights.

The reasons why I dont do drugs, alcohol or cigarettes is the following:

* I respect my mom, who has worked hard for me to have a good life.

* I respecy myself, who has worked hard for me to have a good life.

* I respect my friends, they are good enough without alcohol and such.

* Its bad.

* Its expensive, to me and to the world.

well its debatable which is worse for you if u do it once a week. They still dont know all the facts about pot. Some say it affects your mind and causes depression, some say it doesnt. Thats the problem, we dont know exactly what pot is doing.

I personally think pot is worse than alcohol, bcoz as i said if u drink your liver has an amazing way of repairing itself (to a certain point), your brain does not.

My brother has drank every night since he was 18. The doctor did a liver test on him and his liver is in trouble and he is 25. He was told to stop drinking for one month then have another test on his liver. His liver repaired itself in that time, not fully obviously, but a lot. The doctor told him to stay of the alcohol for a bit longer and it would increase his health dramtically. He didnt and so thats his decision and something my family will have to face up to a few years down the line.

lerkot brought up a somewhat valid point, about how the 2 things affect your behavior. drunk people tend to become more angry, energetic, and violent. u hear about drunk fights and drunk driving. and i've been stoned before and driven, and it doesnt mess up your driving at all. in fact, when im relaxed like that, i actually go a lil slower than usual and start braking earlier. i dont think pot is a drug that, when one is influenced to it, one is going to do a bunch of stupid things like with alcohol.

and again, since the long term effects of pot arent proven then why should we be saying one is worse than the other? i understand what everyone here is saying, but maybe u dont know where i live. people smoke pot here, i have 20 some odd friends who smoke... i know like 5 people in my school that sell that stuff.... ive seen what it does, for instance my one friend is all messed up off it, but he's the only one that i've seen, and he literally smokes every day, if not more than that. i know what i'm getting into, and i can control my intake. 2 weeks ago i smoked 3 times in one week, and then i waited a whole two weeks until doing it again. its because i can control myself and its my choice

but maybe u dont know where i live. people smoke pot here, i have 20 some odd friends who smoke... i know like 5 people in my school that sell that stuff.

I see where you're coming from with that... but I have a lot of people around me that do it as well. A lot of my friends do puff every weekend, but just because I have been in that environment and know people that do it, doesnt mean I start doing it. But again, as you and everyone else is saying, its you're choice.

Edited by Big Willie

• Admin

Lerkot you cant compare marijuana to murder and rape.. If someone has a small amount of marijuana that they are using in their own home for personal use the only person thats affecting is themself.. ever heard of harm minimisation? People have been using marijuana for a looong time..

and why is alcohol okay but drugs not? You know alcohol kills the brain cells.. alcohol can lead to a lot of horrible things..stuff which has affected my life and those close to me..but I won't go into that here.

• Admin

drinkings legal.. so would you ban alcohol would you? america already proved it wouldnt work.. people are gonna do it anyway..atleast by legalizing it, you reduce crime, the drug trade, and harm to others.. which is a better situation.