DevilsJim89

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yous guys should listen to...

Kid N Play - "Next Question"
Heavy D - "Don't Curse"

and JJ+FP...hahah...they all keep it real...

I think cursing isnt bad when you just with your friends joking around but using it for a point. Sentence Enhancer as some would say but just having it all over music, then the song is meaningless and sucks.

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Aug 17 2004, 03:01 PM]Since when is music about getting a messege across?[/quote]
What do you think hip-hop is? :nhawong: It's a music where people express their lives through their songs, at least it used to be that way until every rapper started to be concerned wit record sales where they have to talk about something that the record company says will sell records. all these mc's who make songs like that are the real sell-outs 'cause they don't express themselves anymore. What happened to creativity, I like many mc's for different reasons, I like JJ&FP for making something for everyone, I like 2Pac for saying everything on his mind it takes a lot of heart to do that, I like Nas 'cause he tells stories about the streetlife, I like KRS-ONE 'cause he's the philosopher, I like Public Enemy 'cause they're political, and I like LL Cool J 'cause of his consistantcy, so on and so on, you get my point! Tupac shouldn't sound the same as Will 'cause he didn't live the same life as Will and vice versa. Everyone's different and it's always cool to hear a point from another MC that's different from another 'cause everyone is an individual. Nuff said! I respect everyone's opinions here, you can't force someone to like somethin' if they don't like it! :werd: Edited by bigted

[quote=bigted,Aug 18 2004, 03:09 AM]What do you think hip-hop is? :nhawong: It's a music where people express their lives through their songs, at least it used to be that way until every rapper started to be concerned wit record sales where they have to talk about something that the record company says will sell records. all these mc's who make songs like that are the real sell-outs 'cause they don't express themselves anymore. What happened to creativity, I like many mc's for different reasons, I like JJ&FP for making something for everyone, I like 2Pac for saying everything on his mind it takes a lot of heart to do that, I like Nas 'cause he tells stories about the streetlife, I like KRS-ONE 'cause he's the philosopher, I like Public Enemy 'cause they're political, and I like LL Cool J 'cause of his consistantcy, so on and so on, you get my point! Tupac shouldn't sound the same as Will 'cause he didn't live the same life as Will and vice versa. Everyone's different and it's always cool to hear a point from another MC that's different from another 'cause everyone is an individual. Nuff said! I respect everyone's opinions here, you can't force someone to like somethin' if they don't like it! :werd:[/quote]
Very good points!! :thumb: