JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ppl want new jjfp

Hero1

What is wrong with these guys? It's like the music they made together doesn't even matter any more. I realize Will Smith is a middle-aged man with kids and a wife and all that, but "The Fresh Prince" carries a huge title. FPOBA has been on TV forever. Everybody whose anybody whose somebody whose nobody and etc. has seen it or heard about it. The show is still funny to young and old. Maybe TV+Music doesn't work so well for Brooke Hogan, Ice T, Diddy, etc., but it can definitely work for Will. Will can bring in the mainstream, and Jeff can bring in the underground. I really don't see why whoevers eyes aren't wide enough to see it.

Who said that JJFP don't matter anymore? Most of those comments I read shows that they seem to know that JJ+FP are still vital to the rap game, if they do another album I think it'll do well too 'cause real music is needed right now

In thoery it should work. i always thought the the fpoba theme song is pretty much like a lot of jjfp songs and EVERYBODY loves that song. But i really believe the record companies are the ones holding them back. i know i always blame them but they were the ones that didnt release "tell me why". i wonder if that really hurt Will and motivated him to quit.

Anyway i think if Will and Jeff did do another album, the record companies wouldnt back it properly bcoz its not the same as every other rap song out now. Yes the people want it, but the people dont choose whats popular.

Im not bothered about sales, i just want another album, but at the end of the day sales do matter.

In thoery it should work. i always thought the the fpoba theme song is pretty much like a lot of jjfp songs and EVERYBODY loves that song. But i really believe the record companies are the ones holding them back. i know i always blame them but they were the ones that didnt release "tell me why". i wonder if that really hurt Will and motivated him to quit.

Anyway i think if Will and Jeff did do another album, the record companies wouldnt back it properly bcoz its not the same as every other rap song out now. Yes the people want it, but the people dont choose whats popular.

Im not bothered about sales, i just want another album, but at the end of the day sales do matter.

they should just release it independently and promote it themselves. Then they have full control of what they do.

Edited by sonic1988

Ice Cube released his album himself and he went gold, if JJFP release their album independently they'll probably go gold too which is like the platinum for today, nobody sells records the way they used to, most of those who bought "L&F" and the underground hip-hop fans will be anticipating the JJFP record, they got a larger fanbase than most rap artists of today do

Edited by bigted

Who said that JJFP don't matter anymore? Most of those comments I read shows that they seem to know that JJ+FP are still vital to the rap game, if they do another album I think it'll do well too 'cause real music is needed right now

I don't think you understood what I was getting at. I didn't say YOU guys. I said THESE guys (meaning JJ+FP). I must not know how to read or something. :bangcomp: But you know what, I am sick of arguing, debating, etc. and I'll just watch and let whatever take it's course with these guys, I mean JJFP.

I don't know man it's really up to Will at this point, Jazzy's said many times that he's willing to do something with Will but it comes down to when and if he wants to do it, if he really loves hip-hop as much as he said he does and if he's "potnas" with Jazzy then I think it'll be a matter of when it's gonna happen, actions speak louder than words, it'd be sad if Will didn't celebrate the milestone album number 10 by spending 2 weeks in the lab with Jazzy but Will knows what's up when the time's right I think he'll do it, let's be patient guys, I really think it'll happen sooner or later, Will's came this far already I'm sure he'll wanna do his 10th album with Jazzy at the minimum before he hangs up the mic, leave on a proper note, maybe JJFP should go to G.O.O.D. Music which is Kanye's imprint, Kanye's a big fan of JJFP, he'd welcome them with open arms, you could say what you want about Kanye's personality but he's probably the only one of few that keeps quality rap alive on a mainstream level, it'd be a good fit

Edited by bigted