JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

MissAshley

Exclusive: Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

Posted Sep 26th 2006 9:40PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: TV, Music

A rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after their newborn girl was pronounced dead.

Rev Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Rev's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood New Jersey Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby girl was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

TMZ has learned that MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.

*I don't know how true this is but I'm hoping the site has the good sense not to make up something like this, it's terrible and I know they were all so excited about the new baby, they're def. in my thoughts and prayers...it's just awful

source: http://www.tmz.com/2006/09/26/exclusive-ho...ity-stars-baby/

Edited by MissAshley

Wow, that's awful. My prayers and thoughts definitly go out 2 the family. When u follow some entertainers so closely for so long, this kinda newz hits u pretty hard like they are your personal friends. I'm sure out of all the disappointment and pain, a follow up to the show (a special or a new season) will bring alot of positive energy for people who go thru' hard times like this. Run is not just an amazing talent...but an amazing person. My heart goes out 2 him.

My thoughts go out to Rev. Run and his family

Run has released a statement to AP & MTV

Rev. Run's daughter dies at birth

RIDGEWOOD, N.J. (AP) -- A daughter born to rap pioneer Joseph "Rev. Run" Simmons and his wife, Justine, died shortly after delivery last week, an MTV spokesman said Wednesday.

Simmons issued a statement through the network, which airs his reality show, "Run's House," saying his wife "is doing fine." He thanked his supporters for their prayers and condolences.

"On Sept. 26, 2006, Victoria Anne Simmons for some unknown reason chose to come early and unfortunately did not survive," his statement said. "We must accept whatever is there and once you accept unconditionally, then everything is beautiful. Every pain has a purifying effect. So whatever comes your way, just be thankful. We see life in death and believe in the celebration of life in death."

The baby was delivered at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, according to MTV spokesman Graham James.

Simmons, brother of hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, has five children. He was a founding member of pioneering rap group Run-DMC.

source: Associated Press

i can't even imagine what they're feeling right now, i just hope they have the strength to help one another through it, i know they wanted a little girl very much

Edited by MissAshley

Yeah this has to be a tough time for the family, that statement Run made shows the type of strong minded person he is btw