JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

wack rapper #1's Next Target: Puffy?

TopDawg14

I dont realy care more about stuff like this. I looked into myself, and I thought about all this stuff. I dont like 50's records, and I dont like what he is doing. But it's hipocryt for me to judge him, while I idealize LL Cool J and others. The ones of ya'll who have LL's Book know what a punk he was around the time of his firts 3, 4 Albums. He tells all the bullsit he did back then, and its worse than what 50 or Nelly do now. The media attention is just bigger now. Ya'll need to remember that hose guys are young & those guys have a dark past, and now they blow up and got girls and stuff wherever they go. Ofcourse they'll do stupid stuff now and then. They'll grow up. Same for the beefs. Ya'll need to remember that one of the essential parts of Hip Hop is taking your beef from the streets on wax. I also think it's not good that you get attention by dissing other guys, but well.. Thats Hip Hop if you ask me. Big Biz, young guys. I also dont like the fronting about Gangsta Rap. Me, personaly I dont care about what they Rap, as long as they do it good with theyr lirycs and flows.It dont allways have to be about the message, Shure, sometimes I want deep stufff. Bot come on, I cant allways take stuff like that. It's entertaiment, not church. Bseids that most of the Mc's who talk allot of trash also have songs with deep messages on theyr album. Some of them even release them, but they don do that good (Like Nelly's N Dey Say) Not saying all those songs are good or anything, but I'm just trying to make a point.

I'm tired of hating on Mc's just caus I dont feel theyr music, caus I gotta respect the fact that they made it big. Shure, I know allot of them could do better (Caus dont come and front like thy have no talnet. They all have talnent. or they woudnt get signed. I heard allot of underground recors that where dope, by Mc's that are topping the charts now and seem wack).. And guys that do better should sell more. But thats the way it is. "Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense/But I did five Mil/I ain't been rhymin like Common Sense/When your sense got that much in common/And you been hustlin since/Your inception,**** perception/Go with what makes sense/Since I know what i'm up against/ We as rappers must decide what's most impor-tant/And i can't help the poor if i'm one of them/So i got rich and gave back/To me that's the win, win.". Allot of ya'll think all the Mc's dho dumb down do it just for the money and stuff like that, but ya'll dont know those guys. I bet most of ya'll dont know that Ja Rule has one of the biggest Problem Yout Music, Sports, Art, Poetry etc. Foundations in the U.S., or that Jigga & Puffy allways give huge amountds of money to the charity. That Paul Wall and Mike Jones do allot for the youth, and the muciscians in the South. And I could go on forever. They dont just do it for themself, They get ritch and give back, like those Jay-Z lines say. Next to that, they dumb down but still selling records thing is crazy anyway. Think about this: I know most of ya'll dont like him, but this is a good example for me.. Back when Ja Rule came up with "Venni Venni Vecci", he was all hyped by everyone, but he didnt sell that much. Than he stardet dumbing down and made Pop-Songs.. He lost his respect, but he sold allot of records. Than the hate got him to much, and he released "Blood In My Eye" . He got his respect back from allot of heads, but he didnt sell ish. What would you do? Go figure. There are more examples like that that like Jay-Z, Fat Joe, Cassidy etc. Next to that it's all so relative. Allot of Old School Hip Hop Head say that Ll has umbed down and sold out ever since Phenomenom or 10. Or Will Smith ever since BWS. I also could go on with that.

Me, I dont care anymore. If someone releases I record I like, I'll get the damn record. And I wont let anyone tell me what I have to like and what not, caus I know myself. I wont do anything stupid, just caus some lyrics tell stupid stuff. I know which songs I can take to hart, and which I should just listen to without taking deeper notice of it.

Man that's the realest stuff you ever typed, it's like what LL said in his book about when rappers/entertainers are coming into the game after having nothing for most of their lives that it's a tough adjustment to realise exactly how much impact on the public they have:

"I can't condemn those rappers and entertainers who aren't always positive. You can't expect someone to become a positive role for all of mainstream America overnight. It takes time to realize the power your music has over people. It took me more than 10 years. For a lot of artists, they never get that time. By the time they figure it out, they're finished. Somebody who is on their first of second album-they don't know how powerful they are. They don't know how influential they are when it comes to children, so they say what they feel. But four, five, nine years down the road, after they've had a few albums and can see what statements they've made and how they've affected people-then it's time for them to live up to their responsibility and be a role model to a wider audience. You can't expect a kid who is fresh out of the projects and going triple platinum to understand the complete spectrum of his influence as an artist. When did he get that opportunity to grow and learn about what that means?"

And on the real I think a lot of times fans are fickle, some fans wanna hear this, some fans wanna hear that, it's hard for an artist to exactly tell what the fans wanna hear, it's like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, everybody receives some sort of hate whenever they do something, it's really about the artist being true to themself more than anything 'cause fans come and go no matter what, there's only a few loyal fans that stick by an artist, I really think a lot of the times fans sell out on the artist more than the opposite....

we may not always agree but with that i am with you man no joke :2thumbs:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if somebody puts out a hot album I'm gonna look into it, I'm just a fan of good music, even if I'm a lil' upset by how Jay-Z is running Def Jam if he puts out a good album I'm gonna listen to it, and those who are my favorites I stick by them no matter what others say as long as they put out good music most of the time, I try more these days to not pay attention to the music that I'm not into and give more attention to what I do like, and yeah we could call these wack rappers sellouts all we want but they ain't really I mean look at this article and see what they're doing this month to help out the youth, I don't think it's fair that there's all this attention about the negative things they do and don't give any credit for the positive things they do:

T.I. & Young Jeezy Perform For NYC Youth Volunteers

Thursday - September 7, 2006 by Anthony Roberts

RockCorps and Boost Mobile have partnered to put on a concert for youth volunteers featuring T.I., Young Jeezy, Fabolous, Don Omar, and others at NYC's Radio City Music Hall.

The exclusive event will be hosted by Nick Cannon and is set to take place on September 23rd.

The concert will reward and recognize over 5,000 local youth who have volunteered their time through such programs as environmental initiatives, playground renovations and food distributions associated with the RockCorps organization.

Founded in 2003, the organization uses music as an incentive for young people to become active in their communities and offers entry to various concerts in exchange for at least four hours of community service.

Other acts such as Panic! At the Disco and Taking Back Sunday are also scheduled to perform.

Previous to the NYC concert, the Boost Mobile RockCorps program also made stops in cities such as Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Houston, Washington D.C. and Minneapolis/St. Paul in an effort to further rally volunteers.

Other hip-hop acts such as Ghostface Killah and Rick Ross have performed in past RockCorps performances. This summer alone, the volunteers would have completed approximately 40,000 hours of community service and transformed close to 125 project sites in eight cities across the country.

For more information log onto boostmobilerockcorps.com.

The RockCorps/Boost Mobile concert featuring T.I., Young Jeezy, Fabolous and others is on September 23rd at NYC's RadioCity Music Hall.

Edited by bigted

Guest lambertj3

Yeah if somebody puts out a hot album I'm gonna look into it, I'm just a fan of good music, even if I'm a lil' upset by how Jay-Z is running Def Jam if he puts out a good album I'm gonna listen to it, and those who are my favorites I stick by them no matter what others say as long as they put out good music most of the time, I try more these days to not pay attention to the music that I'm not into and give more attention to what I do like, and yeah we could call these wack rappers sellouts all we want but they ain't really I mean look at this article and see what they're doing this month to help out the youth, I don't think it's fair that there's all this attention about the negative things they do and don't give any credit for the positive things they do:

T.I. & Young Jeezy Perform For NYC Youth Volunteers

Thursday - September 7, 2006 by Anthony Roberts

RockCorps and Boost Mobile have partnered to put on a concert for youth volunteers featuring T.I., Young Jeezy, Fabolous, Don Omar, and others at NYC's Radio City Music Hall.

The exclusive event will be hosted by Nick Cannon and is set to take place on September 23rd.

The concert will reward and recognize over 5,000 local youth who have volunteered their time through such programs as environmental initiatives, playground renovations and food distributions associated with the RockCorps organization.

Founded in 2003, the organization uses music as an incentive for young people to become active in their communities and offers entry to various concerts in exchange for at least four hours of community service.

Other acts such as Panic! At the Disco and Taking Back Sunday are also scheduled to perform.

Previous to the NYC concert, the Boost Mobile RockCorps program also made stops in cities such as Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Houston, Washington D.C. and Minneapolis/St. Paul in an effort to further rally volunteers.

Other hip-hop acts such as Ghostface Killah and Rick Ross have performed in past RockCorps performances. This summer alone, the volunteers would have completed approximately 40,000 hours of community service and transformed close to 125 project sites in eight cities across the country.

For more information log onto boostmobilerockcorps.com.

The RockCorps/Boost Mobile concert featuring T.I., Young Jeezy, Fabolous and others is on September 23rd at NYC's RadioCity Music Hall.

like i said we may not alwasy agree but this you are right on point :2thumbs:

Well getting back to topic the beef's squashed already according to allhiphop.com:

50 and Sean "Diddy" Combs ended their feud Wednesday after mutual acquaintances of the two moguls persuaded them to end their beef, official sources said.

Sources close to the negotiations told AllHipHop.com that the two spoke in person last night (Sept. 6) about their verbal jabs at each other on upcoming albums and mixtapes.

"We are definitely doing a 'cease fire,'" Chris Lighty, CEO of Violator Management, told AllHipHop.com.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/

well they got their millions of dollars worth of publicity out of it.. :ponder:

Well I think they probably realised that a lot of people were looking at that beef as a gimmick and that they wouldn't profit off of it like they thought they would so they quickly cancelled it, if 50 don't realise that people ain't gonna buy into him beefing with other rappers before every album he releases his career'll be over soon, and Diddy already knows that everybody in the world knows that he don't write his own raps so he knows that nobody gonna buy into him becoming a hardcore rapper dissing other rappers in songs...

Edited by bigted

Guest lambertj3

well they got their millions of dollars worth of publicity out of it.. :ponder:

Well I think they probably realised that a lot of people were looking at that beef as a gimmick and that they wouldn't profit off of it like they thought they would so they quickly cancelled it, if 50 don't realise that people ain't gonna buy into him beefing with other rappers before every album he releases his career'll be over soon, and Diddy already knows that everybody in the world knows that he don't write his own raps so he knows that nobody gonna buy into him becoming a hardcore rapper dissing other rappers in songs...

so true bigted so true

Yeah it seems like I'm the only one responding to the other topics to try to get people here away from talking about this topic, this'll be my last reply in this topic, there's nothing more to say really, I'm glad that they're done with this gimmick so that nobody'll talk about it anymore :davidblaine: