JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Power of a Producer 2

Jin

30 members have voted

1. 1. which hip hop producer should produce an entire Will Smith album except Jazzy Jeff?

• DJ Premier
    • Pete Rock
    • Dr. Dre
    • RZA
    • Kanye West
    • The Neptunes
    • Timbaland
    • Scott Storch

Why did you vote for Dre? come on guys, his beats are always the same for a lot of years.

How can you say that man.. If you really have heard his beats, then you know that those are custom made for the artist.. Like the beats he makes for Eminem... "The Real Slim Shady" and "Just Lose It" does not sound like a Dre beat.. But it is.. Gwen Stefani "Rich Girl" is an another example.. 50 cent's "In Da Club" is an another.. Listen to Busta Rhymes' "The Big Bang" then you will see how flexible he is with his beats..

I think if Dre makes a beat for Will Smith, it would be a great track..

Edited by Pakalicous

I personally would love to hear Pete Rock produce more with Will again, he should also hook up with the other producers on "Code Red" like Dallas Austin and Teddy Riley since that was the best produced album of his career but I think his popularity would increase more if Dr. Dre produced for him since everything that he produces seems to hit platinum plus in the last 20 years, you could see the wonders that he's done in resurrecting Busta Rhymes' career, he produced quite a bit on Busta's new album and it sells as much in the first week sales as his last album did altogether, since Will's on Interscope I don't think it'd be that hard either for them to do something together

Edited by bigted