JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What are your most memorable songs?

bart5

What songs are memorable for you or bring back memories for you and why?

Tha Crossroads - Bone Thugs N Harmony - When I was just a lil kid, my sister would drive me around while blastin this song.

Gettin Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith - When I was lil, I rember my cousin memorised it. He would rap it on the playground with me haha.

Miami - WS - My sister had Big Willie Style when I was young, and I remember listening to this song before I loved hip hop while on a family vacation to Jamaca.

Amish Paradise - Weird Al - I remember laughing so hard while listening to my friend's weird al songs haha.

WILLENIUM (entire album) - WS - 2 memories - I remember listening to it on my cousins cd player before i was into hip hop, thinking it was GREAT. Other memory - This is the album that got me into hip hop.

Summertime - JJFP - Obviously summer memories haha.

Potnas & I Am Looking For the One (To Be With Me) - JJFP - They always brings back memories of my best friends.

Basketball Jones - Barry White and Chris Rock - I remember I loved listening to this song on my cassette player while i was little.

Lose Yourself - Eminem - Memories of playing basketball.

Many other songs too.

Edited by bart5

Monica - "Angel of Mine"= All because this girl I had a major crush on was in my math class (6th grade) singing the song, and everytime I hear it, I think of her. Now unfortunately.

Boyz II Men - "On Bended Knee" = probably my most fav. song of theirs just cuz of being girl crazy every year.

Will Smith - "Gettin Jiggy Wit It" = all because the video is so memorable and BWS cassette was givin' to me by my brother cuz he got the cd/cassette set. And plus, I "performed" it front of my music class, well most of them got up to dance behind me. lol

2pac - "Keep Ya Head Up" = it was the first time I heard 2pac legit, back in 2001. I was chillin with my dad and bro, and Pac was on BET's Top 5 Countdown. That song played and I instantly downloaded it, then brought the 'Greatest Hits' and been a fan ever since.

I've got so many really, as I'm sure many of us do. Like Dr. Dre's "Keep Their Head Ringing" was the first time I would learned that 'funk' wasn't a bad word.

Boom shake the room - reminds me of when me my brother and my cousins used to dance to it and thought we were really cool.

Backstreet Boys - as long as u love me - reminds me of a high school crush coz he sang it to me haha, i didnt say these were good songs.

Rednex - cotton eye joe - reminds me of the last few days of my junior school, the song was in the play and we had to dance around to it at the end, again i must stress these arnt good songs lol.

C J Lewis - Sweets for my sweet - reminds me of a sort of boyfriend i had when i was a kid, he used to love this song and we listened to it in my room.

salt and pepper - lets talk about sex - i just remmember this was the naughtiest song ever and i didnt wanna get caught listening to it even tho it was on the radio.

men in black - at my cousins house we memorised the dance part.

i could go on forever.

hummingbird- seals and crofts- i rememebr my dad played this in the car on the way to the zoo and i would try and sing the words but i only know the part were they say hummingbird

big willie style tape- ws- when i was moving to maryland i had this take and when our family was shopping for carpet i was just playing this tape on repeat.

space jam- ?- this song always got me really pumped when i was smaller and in gym once in a while they would play it and i would be ''i love this song!!" and get so hyper

...im sure theyre more

Man, i could go on 4ever with this topic 4ever. I just LOVE music. So here is just a few random artists that come 2 mind at the moment.

MICHAEL JACKSON - Off The Wall and Thriller. I just grew up on this stuff b4 i really knew what music really waz. Bad waz probably the 1st cassette i ever owned. Dangerous came out just as i waz getting in middle school..and that album just went on for like 2 years. HIStory and Invincible also set the mood 4 each of their eras.

BOYZ II MEN - Coolyhighharmony waz amazing. That entire album takes me back 2 place i love....back when i waz 11 and 12. II dropped when i 1st started high school. Every single one of their albums have served as a soundtrack 2 my life at the time they came out.

JJ+FP - need i say more.

TLC - i put those girls right along JJ+FP. I just love their lyrics, their style, and their sound. I started following them b4 they blew up, and i'm still following them even after the circumstances that have kept them from doing what they love on the same level.

Man, i could go on 4ever with this topic 4ever. I just LOVE music. So here is just a few random artists that come 2 mind at the moment.

MICHAEL JACKSON - Off The Wall and Thriller. I just grew up on this stuff b4 i really knew what music really waz. Bad waz probably the 1st cassette i ever owned. Dangerous came out just as i waz getting in middle school..and that album just went on for like 2 years. HIStory and Invincible also set the mood 4 each of their eras.

BOYZ II MEN - Coolyhighharmony waz amazing. That entire album takes me back 2 place i love....back when i waz 11 and 12. II dropped when i 1st started high school. Every single one of their albums have served as a soundtrack 2 my life at the time they came out.

JJ+FP - need i say more.

TLC - i put those girls right along JJ+FP. I just love their lyrics, their style, and their sound. I started following them b4 they blew up, and i'm still following them even after the circumstances that have kept them from doing what they love on the same level.

Yo AJ, I just wanted to let ya know that I think you have a great taste of music. I have looked at the artists on your myspace profile a few times because I like finding new artists that are good. I would like to thank you for showing me some great artists dude.

Some of the songs y'all mentioned have special meaning to me too, Boyz II Men's "CooleyHighHarmony" was one of the first albums I ever heard and one of my favorites ever, I know every song by heart, I used to sing some of those songs in a charaoke contest we had at the elementary school dance, I won 1st prize for singin' "End Of The Road", I still have the certificate that I won for it, back around that time there was a class project and we were dancin' to Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It", I got it on tape too

"Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" was the song that helped get me into Will's music, I got "Big Willie Style" on cassette as a Christmas present that year

LL Cool J's "Hey Lover" with Boyz II Men brings back memories of the first girl I had a crush on when I was 10 years old, she liked another guy in my class though, it seems to be the song I always go back on whenever I have a crush on a girl,

around that time I started to gettin' into LL's music and basically around that time was when I started to get into hip-hop music period,

I listening to mostly r&b before then,speaking of LL, the other dayI went through a tape I had of baseball games from about 10 years ago and I noticed I taped the commercial that LL did for Major League Baseball back then, he was chillin' with Albert Belle and Ken Griffey Jr., lol

I could go on and on till the break of dawn since so much music makes up the soundtrack of my life, my earliest memory of music was when I was 3 years old and I was dancin' to whenever my parents played Michael Jackson

Blink 182 - Adam's Song - I remember I was sleeping over my best friend's place. He was playng the entire album when we were falling asleep, and right before I fell asleep he said something about this song and woke me up, lol.

Limp Bizkit - Faith - I also remember my best friend trying to get me into popular music when I was a kid by playing this song a lot.

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff - Same reason as above, lol.

Limp Bizkit - N together now - I remember saying the chorus (Shut the F--- up!) along with the song when the song was popular

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady - I was at a summer camp and we the day's activities were cancelled, and my best friend went to his house (it was around the corner and he was a counsler, there was a 2-year age difference, me being younger) and got a blank VHS tape full of music vids. and when this one came up everyone knew the lyrics.

Queen (I think they did it) - We Will Rock you - playing basketball on my 3rd grade team, the coach would blast that during practice.

Nelly - Country Grammar - I remember seeing the vid for this song when I was younger. Just a fun day in the summer

Smash Mouth - All Star - When I first got the internet this was one of the first songs I got off of Napster, lol

House of Pain - Jump Around - See above.

Spice Girls - Wannabe - I remember how big they were back in the day. I remember the lollipops they had (with the sticker inside, lol) were actually sold in this beat-down 24hour deli for 25 cents.

there are obviously about a million more. but that would call for me to write a book.

Edited by sonic1988