JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who thinks real Hip-Hop is dying?

In 10-20 years there will won't be many good artists like the roots,2pac,wu tangclan!Artists like these are a dyeing breed...

Well there are still great artists in hip-hop but major labels don't sign them or give them the support they deserve, if you look beyond the wackness on the radio hip-hop is still alive

Edited by bigted

Yeah The Roots are on Def Jam now, there's still some great artists in hip-hop in between still, hip-hop ain't dying, don't believe the hype, hip-hop will never die...

Edited by bigted

The problem is that major labels spend time promoting wackness than promoting quality, Will's "Lost and Found" didn't get 1/10 of the promotion that the other rappers on Interscope got

Edited by bigted

In future (10-20 years from now) hh won't be so much popular like today. I mean another music genre will rule. So maybe radio stations will play true hh artits, cause wack is wack & interesing topics would be better.... I don't know:) It's just my feelings, probably it won't happen.

Well as far as popularity and the Billboard charts go hip-hop ain't as popular as it used to be, look at the charts this year you see that TI's platinum, LL's gold, and other rappers are barely selling, the public's not falling for the gimmicks anymore, if better artists don't get promoted I think hip-hop'll continue to lose popularity, maybe if wack rappers continue flopping then maybe we'll see labels sign better artists from the underground that don't get exposure but make quality music, the truth is though that if a lot of these fans who criticise the game actually search for good rappers to listen to then there won't be a problem, ignorant fans also deserve some blame, millions of people have the internet in this day and age so even if they don't like what the TV or the radio is playing they could do a search online and find something they'd like, I think there'll always be real artists out there in hip-hop, it's up to the fans to find them though, not just complain, the millions of fans who think hip-hop's wack need to check out albums from real mcs like Kel Spencer, Hieroglyphics, and KRS-ONE and that'll change their minds, gimmicks die but real hip-hop won't...

Edited by bigted

Does it matter about stats and figures...at the end of the day we all love hip hop and if we keep loving hip hop...why would it die...we'll still be listening to music...and as far as any artist is concerned...they shouldnt stop writing music because it's not popular...

Does it matter about stats and figures...at the end of the day we all love hip hop and if we keep loving hip hop...why would it die...we'll still be listening to music...and as far as any artist is concerned...they shouldnt stop writing music because it's not popular...

Yeah it don't matter much to me personally 'cause there's a lot of artists that I enjoy where some sell a lot and some don't, you're right how hip-hop won't die by the fans that really like it, the bandwagon fans might get tired of it but not us

I believe the only reason real music doesn't sell is because most casual listeners only know about big releases or heavily promated albums.Most casual listeners don't evan know who the roots are(some maybe)...

Think about it,

Hip Hop and 'urban' music has been the most popular music genre for a while now, but we all should know that every so often that genre changes, dance, pop etc have all had their times in the spotlight.

Hip Hop has had it's time and is now on the decline, and bands/indie music, is now getting bigger and bigger and is going to take over from hip hop

the music industry goes in circles so 'urban' music will eventually re-surface.

Think about it,

Hip Hop and 'urban' music has been the most popular music genre for a while now, but we all should know that every so often that genre changes, dance, pop etc have all had their times in the spotlight.

Hip Hop has had it's time and is now on the decline, and bands/indie music, is now getting bigger and bigger and is going to take over from hip hop

the music industry goes in circles so 'urban' music will eventually re-surface.

:word: