JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

David Blaine - "Drowned Alive"

Vipa

• Admin

What's the point of his stunts? There doesn't seem to be any magic, he just seems to sit there. What am I missing?

many people miss the point.. He's trying to take his body as far it can go... testing his mind and himself to see how much he and we are capable of achieving...

What's the point of his stunts? There doesn't seem to be any magic, he just seems to sit there. What am I missing?

many people miss the point.. He's trying to take his body as far it can go... testing his mind and himself to see how much he and we are capable of achieving...

But that's not magic - it's endurance. I don't believe he's a magician because he doesn't do real tricks. I didn't see the special and I'm so glad I didn't because I would have been pissed.

Not to be funny(but then again it is funny) but wasn't this "special" false advertisement? The promos here in the States said he would either break the record or drown. He didn't do either. What kind of crap is that.

• Admin

But that's not magic - it's endurance. I don't believe he's a magician because he doesn't do real tricks. I didn't see the special and I'm so glad I didn't because I would have been pissed.

Not to be funny(but then again it is funny) but wasn't this "special" false advertisement? The promos here in the States said he would either break the record or drown. He didn't do either. What kind of crap is that.

He never claimed that part of it was.. he is still a very skilled magician and during the special they showed a lot of his street magic,, as some1 said before the trick where he pulled this girls teeth out and then put them back was brilliant.. holding your breath for 7 minutes is an amazing feat..and once you pass 4 minutes its basically torture with your body screaming for oxygen.. they couldnt let him get brain damage or die..he still did remarkably well... I think what David blaine is doing.. such as this drowned alive trick..is a lot better than walking through the wall of china or sumthin.. the other stuff is illusion..this is real.. he could do that kind of stuff if he wants to but its fake and theres no real gain out of that for him.. he's still a great illusionist..but these "big events" are really about trying to achieve the impossible for him.. he's really pushing his mind to the very limits.. I find it quite inspirational :word:

yeah i was reading about his life and how his dad made him do crazy stuff when he was a boy. But he said he only felt truley alive when he was pushing himself and was on the brink of death. i wouldnt do it personally but i can see where he is coming from. Some people that have had near death experiances become a different person bcoz being on the brink of death does something to u.