JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

• 1 month later...

INHERITING THE EARTH

“I Am Legend” (Dec. 14), adapted from the same novel as “The Omega Man,” takes place after a plague that wipes out most of humanity and transforms others into bloodthirsty nocturnal creatures. Will Smith stars as possibly the last human on Earth.

Smith said he spends much of the movie in silence, with just a dog for company. To help capture the character’s desperate loneliness, Smith met with prisoners of war and inmates who lived in solitary confinement, including one man left alone so long he claimed he had trained cockroaches to gather food.

“It’s fun to have a little peace and quiet, but peace and quiet turns into your worst nightmare very, very quickly,” Smith said. “If you break your ankle, you need your tonsils out, anything that takes another person to do, the first time you get an infection, you’re in trouble,” Smith said. “The reason that there are cities and civilizations … is that you can’t survive by yourself.”

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2007/09/2...e7834800808.txt

Release Dates For "I am Legend"

Japan 14 December 2007

USA 14 December 2007

Belgium 19 December 2007

France 19 December 2007

Netherlands 19 December 2007

Spain 19 December 2007

Netherlands 20 December 2007

Finland 21 December 2007

Egypt 26 December 2007

Iceland 26 December 2007

Norway 26 December 2007

Singapore 27 December 2007

Argentina 3 January 2008

Australia 3 January 2008

New Zealand 3 January 2008

Brazil 4 January 2008

Italy 4 January 2008

Turkey 4 January 2008

UK 4 January 2008

Germany 10 January 2008

Slovakia 10 January 2008

Estonia 11 January 2008

I Am Legend Dreamcast Mark II
Posted on 09.30.07 by Widge @ 4:16 pm

Okay, as promised, here we are back with another revamped Dreamcast. This time around it's Richard Matheson's vampire classic, I Am Legend. Which has one of the most chilling opening lines ever: "On those cloudy days, Robert Neville was never sure when sunset came, and sometimes they were in the streets before he could get back." Love it.

Now, when we first did this Dreamcast ages and ages ago we told you they were going to screw it up, and I've seen the trailer and it's guilty until proven innocent as far as I'm concerned. I've got nothing against Will Smith, mind you. Smith looks like he might actually play a serious Neville and not, as reader Kede put it, ID4 Am Legend. However, I read a draft of the screenplay they decided to write for when Schwarzenegger was attached to play Neville and it was dreadful. And I somehow doubt that Akiva Goldsman (I, Robot, Batman and Robin) has done much to improve it. I would love to be proven wrong. But it's rare.

So here we are. You know the drill. Two casts. How we would do it given the constraints of who we have on hand today and another Ultimate DreamCast where we bend the rules of space/time and can snatch anyone from anywhere and cast them.

Before we get started, these DreamCasts may contain spoilers. So if you have not read the book, you go fix that right now, yes? Also, yet again, comment spam bastards will swoop in just like Anthony Zerbe leading a bunch of chalky-white monstrous monks if we open up commenting, so if you're going to comment, go to the new Gabfest. Hit us up there or at widge sucks at need coffee dot com.

http://www.needcoffee.com/2007/09/30/i-am-legend-dreamcast/

Edited by Ale

• 2 weeks later...

Spotted! Will Smith in New York
October 01, 2007 18:26 IST

Reader Nimish Vora spotted Will Smith right opposite his office in New York, when the Hollywood star was shooting for his film, I Am Legend.

Nimish was taking a break, and had stepped out of his office.

Will Smith had just finished his shooting and was packing up for the day when Nimish approached him for the photograph.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/oct/01celeb.htm

Edited by Ale

Site a 'Legend' for iPhone
WB develops unique online promo

Warner Bros. is targeting the appetite of iPhone users in their marketing blitz for the upcoming "I Am Legend," starring Will Smith.

The studio hired ad agency Crew Creative to develop a site that mimics the movie's promotional online site but is specifically designed to be viewed on Apple's mobile device.

The film's official site will be able to recognize whether a user is trying to access the Web site from an iPhone or a computer. The iPhone user will be directed automatically to the custom iPhone site, which includes a synopsis of the film, photo gallery, custom iPhone wallpapers, an RSS feed and a link to an iPhone-compatible trailer on Apple.com.

It also offers a "daylight meter," a feature inspired from the movie's story line where Will Smith's character -- a brilliant scientist who is the last human survivor in New York after a virus has turned everyone into night-walking mutants -- must complete his tasks in the daylight, forcing him to constantly count down the remaining hours.

The widget feature, found on the site at iamlegend.warnerbros.com, tells the current time, daylight hours left and how many days remaining until the film opens.

"The iPhone allows a pleasing visual experience, particularly for the panoramas of New York City that we've created for the site," Warner Bros. senior vp interactive marketing Don Buckley said. "It is a step in the natural progression of giving consumers information when and where they want it."

Jenny Wall, Crew Creative president of interactive marketing, said that in the case of "Legend," the iPhone is particularly suited as a promotional medium.

"This film is about technology and takes place in the future, so this site really makes sense," Wall said.

"I Am Legend," which is scheduled to open Dec. 14, is directed by Francis Lawrence and co-stars Alice Braga and Dash Mihok.

Crew Creative has been involved on the marketing campaigns for such films as "The Prestige," "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and "Ray."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...8e95a3bb8aa055f

Edited by Ale