JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LLs new Album

DefCEM

hi ppl!

i'm just listening to LLs new Album and its really bad in my opinion. its so R&B influenced. Its even worse than B2R. His flow is nearly all over the same. He's getting really boring with all these Ladies related songs.

The beats are really poor and his rhyming is nothing special.

I have to agree with you! I checked it out on MTV.COM (on the leak) and I had to turn it off! All those smooth ladies related songs...and all those guests on the album...not my piece of cake! I will not get this album...the first single with Jennifer Lopez was wack...the beat is bad...and I like JD's music! I think I will skip this album!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can understand your dissapointment with this album, and i also know many other people that think this album sucks. I myself would love bizzy to rap like the brilliant Heaven'z movie era or The Gift <--- that is one album you have to listen to if you haven't yet, but i know bizzy won't go back to that style and am not hanging on to glimpses of his past efforts and recordings so i just rate his newer albums like standalone albums, as if HM and TG are non existant. Bizzy has come a long way since them albums and not for the better, but TS grew on me after some listens even though it sounds like he's freestyling through all his verses, as did TR....but thank god that was more recent as you can tell he put more effort into it (although the beats were wack) so yeah i stick by that rating.....but like every other BTNH fan i wish he would go back to his best

but onto more positive things...Bone thugs new album will drop this year and they will hopefully do well with swizz beatz backing them...and krayzie bone's working his ass off tryin to promote BTNH like hell which is good....KB beat B-real in the first match of the HHGL as well!!

i don't know the whole story behind Bizzy and if there's a reason he won't go back to the style he used to, but i can't deny that this effort was worse than a lot of his stuff. it's a shame that all the BTNH members have all done their solo things cuz they work so well as a group. i have Layzie's album Thug By Nature, and it's pretty good. the only member who i think can hang by himself is Krayzie Bone - that guy is brilliant. it kinda hurts me to see BTNH to be putting out all these half-assed albums (behind the harmony and that other one that came out last year) cuz they really suck. sometimes less is more. they just need to get together and make a record like they did in the 90's, that's all i want. but i guess if i have to, i'll just keep ignoring their weak stuff and listening to their good stuff cuz that's what i really want.