JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LLs new Album

DefCEM

hi ppl!

i'm just listening to LLs new Album and its really bad in my opinion. its so R&B influenced. Its even worse than B2R. His flow is nearly all over the same. He's getting really boring with all these Ladies related songs.

The beats are really poor and his rhyming is nothing special.

heres the track list

01. It's LL And Santana (Feat. 3:00

Juelz Santana)

02. Control Myself (Feat. Jennifer 3:54

Lopez)

03. Favorite Flavor (Feat. Mary J. 3:26

Blige)

04. Freeze (Feat. Lyfe Jennings) 4:52

05. Best Dress (Feat. Jamie Foxx) 3:57

06. Preserve The Sexy (Feat. 3:39

Teairra Mari)

07. What You Want (Feat. Freeway) 4:24

08. I've Changed (Feat. Ryan Toby) 3:50

09. Ooh Wee (Feat. Ginuwine) 4:02

10. #1 Fan 3:17

11. Down The Aisle (Feat. 112) 4:01

12. We're Gonna Make It (Feat. 4:56

Mary Mary)

13. So Sick (Remix) (Feat. Ne-Yo) 4:23

If you wanna D/L it: Rapidshare :thumbdown: :tantrum:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, its out now? I didnt got the release the anymore. I willd get this and than make an opinion. I usualy like the smooth songs, 10 just didnt do it for me caus of the production. The Neptunes just dont do it for me.

EDIT. On I-Tunes its still a pre order.. How the hell did you get that?lol

Edited by Turntable

Btw I was about to post this on here, I found a link to it on Allhiphop.com message board, a lot of people are saying that the album's wack, it's kinda ironic that they're giving props to Will yesterday and dissin' LL today, lol, btw I'm gonna get the album of course when it drops before I listen to it myself too

Edited by bigted

It cant be worse than 10 or The Definition. And Whatcha Want and Were Gonna Make It are masterpieces. It`s LL And Santana and Control Myself at least have hot beats. So I`m all confident. I cant imagine the production beeing wack. Trackmastaz, Scott Storch, Jermaine Dupri.. I mean, come on.

I don't like it how people always wanna say how wack an artist become just 'cause their recent work don't compare to what they've done in the past, I'm not expecting this album to be another "Mama Said Knock You Out", but I don't expect it to be horrible though, I think it'll be another solid album from LL, even if it's his worst album I'll take it over 90% of the wack rappers out now, I'm getting the album out of respect, Kanye makes r&b songs and a lot of fans love him so why they gotta diss LL for it? I think some fans are just dissin' LL 'cause they just wanna see him diss mcs in his rhymes but he don't want do that anymore so they need to accept that

Edited by bigted

Yeah "Control Myself" is probably one of LL's most popular songs in recent memory, it made it to #2 on TRL a couple weeks ago, there's always some hardcore rap heads that call him soft 'cause they don't like that he makes songs for ladies but that's what he's being doing his whole career, were they expecting him to do gangbanging rhymes or something? lol Ladies Love Cool James is who he is, it's like Public Enemy doing political songs, that's what they do and if you don't like them for that then you won't like them, LL does very well at making love songs so why should he stop doing that, brothers are just jealous, lol, btw Vibe.com is giving the album a 4 out of 5 rating so it sounds like another hit album to me, can't wait to pick it up next week, I don't think that Will's really that good at making love songs the way that LL is, that's why "Born To Reign" might've sounded kinda awkward 'cause that ain't his style quite frankly, Will's better at making club songs, hardcore rap fans might hate on Will too for doing songs like "Switch" but that's what he does best, every rapper has their own style and really a lot of mcs coming out have bitten that off of LL, they try making love songs and they're not as great as him in doing it though

Edited by bigted

I think that Control Myself is so successful due to J.Lo and not the song itself. I dont like the beats. and there are too many "soft" tracks. i dont want him to make a mama said knock you out album, just want to hear somethin new. im just not feeling it. maybe it'll change...

I think that Control Myself is so successful due to J.Lo and not the song itself. I dont like the beats. and there are too many "soft" tracks. i dont want him to make a mama said knock you out album, just want to hear somethin new. im just not feeling it. maybe it'll change...

J-Lo was barely on the track though and she ain't even that popular anymore, now maybe if Ciara was on the track you could say that but LL's popular already even without guest appearances, that's like saying Michael Jackson needs 50 Cent to have a hit, lol, he works with artists 'cause he wants to not just 'cause he wants a hit, I honestly don't see much new music that's so fascinating in the first place but what I meant by "Mama Said Knock You Out" is that some rap fans maybe not you just wanna hear LL do battle songs like he did on that album, it's just like when rap fans get upset when they want all of Nas'albums to sound like "Illmatic", rap fans want all Will's albums to be like "Homebase", all PE have to be "lt Takes A Nation...", they don't like that all Ice Cube albums don't sound like "Amerikka's Most Wanted", etc.LL has matured now and he ain't gonna rap the same way he did 10-15 years ago andin my opinion he has nothing to prove anymore either,and if you don't like ityou don't have to like it, that's your opinion, the rap game on a whole is getting boring, I'd honestly rather hear LL getting more airplay than 99% of the game 'cause his love songs are much more interesting than hearing a million songs about hustling... :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted

on a side note, thanx 4 that website DefCEM, i'm downloading Bizzy Bone's new album

i've never been a big LL Cool J fan. i have all his albums (all downloaded except 2). i like him, but he's not a standout artist to me. you know how some artists you listen to and you just go "hey he's pretty good i like it" but you dont listen to them regularly. and other artists you listen to and you go "this is dope!" and you listen over and over and over again. LL is the first one for me. i like his style and i have respect for him, but i just can't listen to his music as much as i listen to Souls of Mischief, Dead Prez, Bone Thugs, and other of my favorite artists. i thought from the old skool LL's B.A.D was his best and i like his new stuff too. 10 and The DEFinition were both above average album. i will have to check out this album in a couple weeks when it comes out.