JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Things That U Do Video

Hero1

• Admin
oh man i finally got to see a clip of the Things That U Do video @ MTV

[url="http://www.mtv.com/search/searchvideoresults.jhtml?searchterm=jazzy+jeff&searchtype=video&searchsource=default"]http://www.mtv.com/search/searchvideoresul...hsource=default[/url]

it looked absolutely hilarious :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

i really gotta get a full version of this on tape...

yeah i remember AJ posted that there are clips of Summertime, Things That U Do and Brand New Funk on MTV.com buried deep within the site...

The Things That U Do is such a treasure..I'd love to see it myself.

Too bad that MTV.com site video clips is slow as hell....it does look funny as Will and Jeff are tracking some chick from within a truck. haha.

The video is so funny!! JJ+FP are lookin' mad smooth in it, and even tho' the song itself isn't that funny, they are doing what they do best in the video...BE FUNNY!! I think the milkman scene is probably the funniest. Has any other rapper been caught in milkman gear?!?! ha ha.

I seriously only ever saw the video on MTV twice back in late 1991/early 1992. I'm lucky 2 have 2 music video promo tapes that feature this video.

[quote=DevilsJim89,Mar 16 2004, 11:47 AM]are they promo tapes that you taped or regular retail video tapes that have it?[/quote]
It's on these promotional tapes that i got. They were compiled in the early 90's 2 be played in clubs and bars. There's a few other classics on them, one of them being Digital Underground's "The Humpty Dance"...ha ha. One of them has "Voices That Care" on it. They are pretty rare, whenever i would find these, they'd usually go kinda high on ebay.

The video waz played on MTV. I used 2 watch MTV alot back then and i only saw it aired twice. The 1st time i saw it, i waz at a friend's house, we were chillin' in the basement when all of a sudden it just came on, i luckily had a tape on me, popped it in his VCR and recorded it (still have it 2 this day). It waz really funny cuz i waz also at his house when i 1st saw "Ring My Bell" (except we were upstairs). Now that i think about it, i never saw any of the Homebase videos at my crib 4 the 1st tyme...i waz always at somebody else's house.

• Admin
i remember when i saw the boom! shake the room video the first time.. under artist it just said "jazzy jeff" and it didnt click that that was will from fpoba...till later... im looking for the one..i always used to request it on the music video channel here..but the show was on like 3 hours a day 5 days a week.. anyway by chance id always seem to catch my request..but never the start..so id never seen the first minute or so till i got the greatest hits video.... for i wanna rock..i got all my friends..and even my grandmother to request the i wanna rock video on this rnb show..and they'd only play one request a week..anyway the host goes "we've received a lot of requests for this this week" and it was all orchestrated by me :rofl: :rofl:

ring my bell i never saw until i got the greatest hits video..thats my favorite jjfp video..its just so funny :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

wow i didnt know all of these videos excisted, i just thought it was the ones on my greatest hits tape. id also love 2 get hold of these, or wish i could go back in time when i was about 9 and say to myself "hey jjfp!!! tape some stuff"

Well thanx 4 that Tim too, ur really givin us some great stuff this week. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Members
why do those video's never work for me :tear: i've never got the chance to see I'm looking 4 the 1 entirely and i havn't seen brand new funk either