JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bird Flu

Mike

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I think the annual flu kills 30 000 people in USA each year.

Thats waht I`m talking bout. I know this bird flu stuff aint good, and it isnt suposed to go this way.. But we dont have to be all crazy and scared caus we practicly ae more in the danger when the normal flus is around. But I think thats the whole point of the media.. They want us to be all scared n stuf.

Yeah. I think the annual flu kills 30 000 people in USA each year.

Thats waht I`m talking bout. I know this bird flu stuff aint good, and it isnt suposed to go this way.. But we dont have to be all crazy and scared caus we practicly ae more in the danger when the normal flus is around. But I think thats the whole point of the media.. They want us to be all scared n stuf.

Yeah they want something to write about.

Newspapers sell units through provoking fear in people. News on TV gets viewers through provoking fear in people. Through putting other more rational factors into the shade, that's how they make their money. Most media is just desperate to sell a good story. Yes, bird flu is a risk. But at the moment? Not really. Not yet.

U can get it from any poultry.

yeah but im pretty sure its passed on thru inhalation transmission. Some diseases are passed on thru the air some are passed on by eating an infected animal e.g. salmonella.

Im not worried and i work with chickens and parrots and stuff. If it happens it happens.

oh here we go i went on thier site and found "On the basis of current scientific evidence, the Food Standards Agency advises that avian flu does not pose a food safety risk for UK consumers. This is because for people, the risk of catching the disease is from being in close contact with live poultry that have the disease and not through eating cooked poultry, game or eggs. "

This site will help if your worried, like prince said the papers just wind u up.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/diseases/n.../health.htm#q11

dang... that sux... soon as I got in Cali, i went to El Pollo Loco and got some chicken and went to the beach LOL.... got my grub on... whoooo lol.

well, if my sons get it, its cuz they were chasin seagulls... hopefully that dont play a factor, but seriously, that sux...cuz i really love grilling chicken breasts...

peace,

cookies