JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are Your Top Ten Singers And Rappers

I think MJ sucks but I can see why people respect and listen to him, so I wont go in more into that.

My top 10, no order:

JJFP

Melle Mel/GMF&F5

Outkast

Slick Rick

Bam/SSF

KRS-One/BDP

Cab Calloway

Al Johnson

Kel Spencer

De La Soul

Edited by Lerkot

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoo..way too many 2 say 'top' ten... I like MOST of tha artists you guys added, but adding the one that nobody added was Mr. KeL Spencer,... Whas up with that u guys? :stickpoke:

Mos def one of my favs now... :word:

peace,

cookies

edit: ooops. didnt see ur post lerkot. lol

Edited by 3cookies

cool, i dont see why MJ, but cool

i think your probably too young to appreciate him. When i first liked him, he was still slightly black (sort of)and was very much respected. Anyone who didnt see those times just see him as a freak that molests children, i see him as a genious entertainer.

whoo..way too many 2 say 'top' ten... I like MOST of tha artists you guys added, but adding the one that nobody added was Mr. KeL Spencer,... Whas up with that u guys? :stickpoke:

i'll tell u why cookies. Kel Spencer, while he is good, hasn't been releasin music for 10+ years like most established musical artists. Kel Spencer is the next hip-hop star thats gonna blow up but he hasn't blown up yet and only released one mixtape. to put it simple: he isn't as good, right now, to be considered a top 10 singer/rapper compared to all the competition thats out there.

i'll tell u why cookies. Kel Spencer, while he is good, hasn't been releasin music for 10+ years like most established musical artists. Kel Spencer is the next hip-hop star thats gonna blow up but he hasn't blown up yet and only released one mixtape. to put it simple: he isn't as good, right now, to be considered a top 10 singer/rapper compared to all the competition thats out there.

lerkot. i think hes about as young as AJ, around 23 or something...

Wes... Some of the fans on the board have been talkin about him for years now, and tho I only recently heard some of his work, after AJ and Timboat have suggested it. I'm sure those of us who have heard 'and' like his muzik, have heard enough to recognize that he's gifted both lyrically & in his flow delivery ... I wouldn't say//.... quote: "he isn't as good right now to be considered in the top" unquote.... I think in tyming, he will be ... but again, thas my own personal views ... and maybe personal preference with lyrical content...

Tim or AJ hasn't posted, but im almost certain, they would agree ... Thx 4 ur input Wes...

and with that sayd... :topic:

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

i dunno about AJ and Tim agreeing. AJ and Tim both listen to hundreds of musical artists, and while Kel is good, he hasn't released an album and doesn't have a record deal. he's only released like 30 of his songs to the public while other artists have released 500. i mean seriously, how can u say Kel Spencer is legendary compared De La Soul, who have proven their worth and won awards and have gone gold multiple times. i'm not saying Kel can't do that one day, cuz i think he will. but at this stage in his career he won't make too many people's top 10 list because he hasn't been around long enough to compare with those artists.

Not once did I compare mista Wesley, and never said his work was legendary. I basically was trying to say that he has obvious talent that wont go unrecognized 4 too much longer. I might be mistaken, but I thought he was talking to ppl about a deal also ... It takes tyme for artists to make 'top ten'... but, with someone that has worked so closely with Will, who we all have supported for so long,... I would like to think they'd have our encouragement as well...

Theres plenty of room for artist at the top, and no reason to debate over who chooses who in their top ten ...

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

Here are mine, in no particular order:

Will Smith/JJFP

Rakim

Method Man

Nas

LL Cool J

Talib Kweli

Busta Rhymes

Slick Rick