JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL Cool J

DevilsJim89

The Greatest of All-Time LL Cool J is set to release his 12th album titled "Todd Smith". I've heard three tracks off this album and I can't say I'm thrilled.

ITS LL & SANTANA - I hope this is an intro track to the album. The production is alright and Santana does an alright job on this track but I'm not feeling it that much. Not really saying much though on this.

CONTROL MYSELF - ft. J.Lo - I can't believe this track is coming from LL Cool J. Seems like LL's trying to adapt to the club vibe tracks. I don't like this track at all..probably sounds good in a club tho. Not feeling this at all and J. Lo doesnt really do much for me.

WHATCHU WANT ft. Freeway - Heres a track that I really like. LL does a great job lyrically on this track and Freeway isnt too bad...

so 3 tracks down, maybe like 9 or 10 more to go. I dunno i pray this a great album and theres more better than what I heard so far. I dont get why its called "Todd Smith". Why would you call an album after you middle name when people know you as James Todd Smith. Also, LL already had a self-titled album (Mr. Smith in '95)..oh well i dont kno but i hope this will be a good one.

LL & Santana:

That Songs is aight. Juelz is doing realy goo on it. LL stays a lil in the back. He pushes Juelz.. I think that actualy could be the concept of the album, when I look at the artists.

Control Myself:

A club song. Actauly dont realy need so say more. Could be better tho, also for a club track.

Watcha Want:

Now this is great. Freeway, isnt only doing allright, he`s ripping the Mic. Anyone who says he is wack, on that Track, is just a blinded new school hater...

And LL is doing realy great on that Track. He didnt spit with that much energy since The G.O.A.T. or 10 Million Stars, on 10.

This Album could be a classic. I dont think so tho.. Just a good Album, with diffrent type of things on it.

Well so far I'd say that it's too early to tell how the album'll by only hearing 3 tracks, "Todd Smith" doesn't really make that much sense for a title since "G.O.A.T. featuring James T. Smith" and "Mr. Smith", maybe that might be a good sign of a trend though since both of those are classics so maybe this'll be a classic too, but the music matters the most here so onto the music now: "Control Myself" should get a lot of airplay with the youth and maybe even win some ol' school LL fans back 'cause it's an '80s club vibe to it, it's a good first single for marketing, "Whatcha Want" is a raw hip-hop track where LL and Freeway both rip it on the mic, and like Turntable says basically "LL and Santana" was a Juelz Santana song with LL only having a short verse, it's hot though, something that could get a lot of burn on mixtapes, I'm interested to see how that track with Mary J. is, that'll probably be one of the top ones on the album...

Edited by bigted

It's scheduled to come out March 21st

I haven't peeped any trax off the album. I'm just being patient at the moment. I think Freeway sucks...so i waz crushed 2 see LL did something with him. Julz Santana is okay when it comes 2 commerical rap...but he dosen't deserve 2 be working with the G.O.A.T. I'm actually hyped 2 hear the song with Jennifer Lopez even tho' i've heard all kinds of different opinions about it.

It's way 2 early 2 judge the album. LL always bring quality. Even if this waz his weakest album, he'd still be light years ahead of anyone on the charts right now.

Well I don't wanna compare him to who's on the charts either, LL's in a league of his own...

Edited by bigted

Yeah it was originally gonna drop in February but I guess he to add more to it or something, "Control Myself" should be officially coming out soon 'cause I read an article last week saying that him and J-Lo shot the video already, Hot 97 plays it during the mix hours though already, hopefully it goes in regular rotation 'cause I like turnin' on my radio and hearin' LL...

At All Hip-Hop.com they mention that LL's gonna be performing at the Essence Music Festival on July 1, 2, 3rd at Houston, Texas, Da Ace and Angel Amor might wanna check out for this since they're in Texas btw, it also mentions that the "Beef" series'll air tonight, Thursday, and Friday night on BET which features some of LL's battles in his career:

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5289

Rap legend LL Cool J has been added to the 2006 Essence Music Festival, which takes place this July. Cedric "The Entertainer" and R&B group Maze featuring Frankie Beverly have also been added to the show, which already counts Mary J. Blige, as one of the headlining acts. The 2006 Essence Music Festival takes place July 1, 2 and 3 at its new interim home, state-of-the-art Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Tickets are on sale at ticketmaster.com with prices ranging from $45-$110.

The popular "Beef" trilogy is slated to air on BET starting tonight (Jan. 25) and will air episodes 1-3 over the next three days. The "Beef" series of DVD's is produced by QD3 Entertainment and focuses on the histories of some of Hip-Hop's most celebrated rivalries. The series kicks off at 9:00 PM with the next installment broadcasting the following night at the same time. "Beef" part 2 airs Thursday Jan 26 at 9:00 PM and "Beef" part 3 airs Fri. Jan 27 at 9:00 PM.

Edited by bigted