JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jennifer Lopez Drives LL Cool J To Lose His Cool

The Definition

I heard the song on Hot 97 last week, it does sound a lot like an updated version of "Going Back To Cali", I can't wait to see the video for it...

I just heard the new Song with J.Lo, "Control My Self.". Ehm.. That Beat.. Jermaine Dupri has one sick mind :stars:

Anway, Its a wack Song. It sound like a bad Remix of My Humps. And LL doesnt do anything special, sounds like on the ackest Tracks of "10". J.lo doesnt do ****, It`s like Ashanti on "Wonderfull". I dont feel this Track... Ah man I actualy would say it`s one of LL`s baddest Songs in his career..

From the 3 new Tracks I heard I only felt "It`s LL And Santana" and "Watcha Wannt". And I only feel LL on "Watcha Want". I hope the rest is gonna be big...

Edited by Turntable

I ain't too big on this song either but it sounds like somethin' a lot of commercial rap fans'd like, probably the ones who like "Switch" and "Golddigger"'ll like this, I don't think the entire album'll sound like this... "10" wasn't LL's best album but you had to at least feel the battle tracks he did with Pharrell and that song about his grandma, it had about 5-6 good songs which is what some Jay-Z albums have...

Edited by bigted

10 Million Stars, Big Mama where amazing. Afer School (Fat. Puffy),Clocking G`s, Paradise and them.. Those where aight. Dont get me wrong.. I dont call it wack. But I know LL can do so much better. I want another G.O.A.T... LL allway had like 2 or 1 average Albums and than he came back with a Banger to smash the haters (Like MSKYO after B.A.D, WWIP or The G.O.A.T after Phenomenom). Now, after 10 and The Definition, I think it`s about time for another banger. Dont get me wrong, I will be happy with any LL Stuff, but If this isnt gonna be another Classic I will be a little disapointet...Know what I mean?

Anyway, I dont lost any hope, yet. "Watcha Want" is a street banger, Roc-A-Fella style, with a great Freeway and a very energetic LL. "It`s LL And Santana" is a good Track, Dipset style. But LL doesnt realy do anything special on it.. But I actualy think that was on perspuse. He`s trying to push Juelz, which does great on that Track.

I still think his can be another banger. Not like The G.O.A.T tho.. It`s gonna be in the other Direction. Just look at the guest list, besides Juelz And Freeway : 112, Mary J.Blige etc. 112 is an amazing R&B Group and Mary J. is a great Collabo Artist. Those Songs could be some of the best crossover Tracks ever. The Track with Tierra is probably a lil like the track with Amerie...

And than the producer list still sounds amazing..

Edited by Turntable

I don't think that this is a good 1st single since this just keeps with the ladies man image but it should generate some sales, he needs to remind people that he's more than just a ladies' rapper though, I'm gonna feel dissapointed if he don't release anything other than a love song as a single just like I'm dissapointed that Will ain't releasing "Tell Me Why" and "Lost and Found" as singles but as long as it's better than his last 2 albums I'll happy, hopefully he took his time with this album and didn't try rushing things to sound forced....

Yes, that why I hate the Songs with J.Lo and them so much. I dont want people to know him for that. I rether want people to know abouzt 10 Million Stars.But that probably wont work anyway anway.. Ja Rule tryd by releasing Wonderfull and New York. Wonderfull was a world hit, New York only was a Street Hit.. Than the next Singles was a ballad again, and it became another major hit..

But actualy we dont have to worry. Evene he totally ****s up this Album.. When he`s releasing his 20-est Album, we probably allready have some more classics,fo sho` :pony:

Edited by Turntable

Well if this single gets a lot of people to buy the album to hear the street bangers then it's did it's purpose, I don't think "Around The Way Girl" is LL's best song either but it got a lot of people to buy "Mama Said Knock You Out", this song's more like a remake of "Going Back To Cali" but hopefully there's some "Jack The Ripper"'s on the album for me to vibe with....

Edited by bigted