JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Colts Lose... So do the Patriots...

MaxFly

Yeah that Steelers/Colts 4th quarter was one of the best 4th quarters ever, that game's an instant classic, Bettis is probably gonna go out on top now with the Colts and Patriots out the way.... Next year when Mcnabb's healthy, Eagles'll go all the way...

Edited by bigted

Why??? Why do the Football Gods hate me? Haven't I faithfully watched every game, even on Christmas Eve when I had to shun my family to do so? Haven't I read every article, watched every interview? Haven't I religously devoted myself to the NFL Network? Haven't I espoused the genius of the Colts at every turn? Haven't I Believed In Blue? Why Football Gods, why?!?

Wow, it is a big surprise to see the both of them go down, I was counting on the two of them in the AFC Title Game. I am so glad the Pats finally lost, proves that Brady is overrated. Too bad for the Colts, everything just kinda fell apart for them at the end of the year. Vanderjagt has got to feel like a fool right now.

I'm not really surprised about Patriots losing, their dynasty is ending anyway and the Broncos are a great football team, Patriots shouldn't have even made playoffs with all the injuries, they were as banged up with injuries as the Eagles were but they had an easy schedule, playing the Jets twice is like playing the Packers twice, and they didn't lose Brady like Eagles lost Mcnabb.... but it shocked me that the Steelers would win over the Colts, they barely squeaked into the playoffs, if it wasn't for Palmer getting hurt they wouldn't even have made it to the Colts, I didn't see that coming, I thought Colts were gonna run the table like everyone else did, I figured with the loss out of the way... I was thinking if they were 16-0 going into the playoffs they'd run out of gas, they let a golden opportunity slip away, when Bettis fumbled the ball I thought the Colts would score a TD, but damn Vanderjagt is one of the most accurate kickers of all time, a 46-yard field goal is something he usually makes...

Edited by bigted

I am so glad the Pats finally lost, proves that Brady is overrated.

Bite your tongue. The guy hadn't lost a playoff game until this season. Injuries played a big part this season, and I know a lot of people are glad to see us lose, but how can someone who won 10 straight post season games be overrated. Look at his stats...

I think the Patriots D basically carried them over the last few years but they're aging now, take Mcginist, Bruschi, and Harrison off the team and they wouldn't win many games in the playoffs, the reason why they lost to the Broncos is 'cause they didn't have Harrison in there to shut down Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie, they could get by average teams like the Jaguars but not great offenses without their great defense at full strength, they'd struggle some if Brady got hurt but I think if they had an average quarterback in there with a D at full strength they'd win quite a few games.... they're the ones that make a good quarterback like him look like Joe Montana, if the Colts had those guys they probably would win 4 straight super bowls, Manning is easily is a better quarterback, Colts just have had bad defense, this year they've improved and are closer to an average D but they looked dissapointing yesterday with their D and they rely on Manning and Colts offense to win and they choked, a 21-18 game is what the Patriots win with since they got a great defense and their offense scores enough, a 35-28 game is the Colts game to win by with Colts offense dominating and Colts defense just getting by....

When the season started, I originally picked the Eagles to play the Panthers in the NFC Championship game so at least I got one team right but I think I actually picked the Jets to play the Colts, with Eagles beating Colts in the super bowl, lol, well the Jets and Eagles both lost QBs that carry their teams and that's why they didn't make playoffs so my picks weren't that much off...

Edited by bigted