JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Colts Lose... So do the Patriots...

MaxFly

Yea, but that one they didn't win..They didn't even make the playoffs.

That's one reaosn I was upset at people saying they had a better dynasty than the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s. Sean Salisbury even went as far as to say "The pats are the better tema, because Dallas blew out their oponents, where as the pats won in close games"..Where the hell is the logic in that!?

Other than that, they're a good team..just didn't wnat them to go this year.

they're the ones that make a good quarterback like him look like Joe Montana, if the Colts had those guys they probably would win 4 straight super bowls

Keep in mind that the Pats won 3 of 4 with Brady at the helm.

Do you think that Brady would win many playoff games if Bruschi, Mcginist, and Harrison weren't on the team? I think Vinateri also has a lot to do with it, he never chokes kicking in big games, the Buffalo Bills would've won a Super Bowl in the early '90s against the Giants if they had a clutch kicker.... Patriots were a solid team before Brady went there, if Bledsoe stayed healthy that year in 2001, they would've won the Super Bowl still, they went to a Super Bowl back in 1996 and were in the playoffs with Bledsoe quite a few times, they looked like they'd win eventually, they built up to D to be competitive for years... The Eagles would've beat them last year if the D didn't shut down Mcnabb in the 4th quarter, I gotta tip my hat to the defense, those guys deserve more credit than Brady....

btw, let's compare stats between Manning and Brady and you'll see that Brady is less superior than Manning, it's amazing that Manning could lead the Colts to the playoffs so much 'cause they're a one-dimensional team, they need to build on chemistry on D to get over the hump or else Manning'll be another Marino:

Manning:

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

Career 2769 4333 33189 63.9 7.66 86 244 130 156 93.5

Brady:

Career 1577 2548 18035 61.9 7.08 91 123 66 156 88.5

Edited by bigted

Yea, but that one they didn't win..They didn't even make the playoffs.

That's one reaosn I was upset at people saying they had a better dynasty than the Dallas Cowboys of the 90s. Sean Salisbury even went as far as to say "The pats are the better tema, because Dallas blew out their oponents, where as the pats won in close games"..Where the hell is the logic in that!?

Other than that, they're a good team..just didn't wnat them to go this year.

The Pats had a lot of injuries that year... and healthy, they came back and won 2 in a row... I'm not negating their defense; it's a major aspect of their game. However the "overrated" talk is a bit overblown.

they're the ones that make a good quarterback like him look like Joe Montana, if the Colts had those guys they probably would win 4 straight super bowls

Keep in mind that the Pats won 3 of 4 with Brady at the helm.

Do you think that Brady would win many playoff games if Bruschi, Mcginist, and Harrison weren't on the team? I think Vinateri also has a lot to do with it, he never chokes kicking in big games, the Buffalo Bills would've won a Super Bowl in the early '90s against the Giants if they had a clutch kicker.... Patriots were a solid team before Brady went there, if Bledsoe stayed healthy that year in 2001, they would've won the Super Bowl still, they went to a Super Bowl back in 1996 and were in the playoffs with Bledsoe quite a few times, they looked like they'd win eventually, they built up to D to be competitive for years... The Eagles would've beat them last year if the D didn't shut down Mcnabb in the 4th quarter, I gotta tip my hat to the defense, those guys deserve more credit than Brady....

btw, let's compare stats between Manning and Brady and you'll see that Brady is less superior than Manning, it's amazing that Manning could lead the Colts to the playoffs so much 'cause they're a one-dimensional team, they need to build on chemistry on D to get over the hump or else Manning'll be another Marino:

Manning:

Career 2769 4333 33189 63.9 7.66 86 244 130 156 93.5

Brady:

Career 1577 2548 18035 61.9 7.08 91 123 66 156 88.5

As always, defense will be a major factor in how good an NFL team is, no doubt, but again, the talk of Brady being overrated is overblown. When you look at passing stats, you also have to take into account the skill of the receivers... Now I know no one here is going to argue that the Pats have the premiere recievers in the league, or recievers even on the level that some of the greats had.

The Colts have Mavin Harrison and Reggie Wayne... The Pats have Deion Branch... Lets be real... Brady is playing superbly with the offensive talent he has. With all the "what ifs" that are being brought up, what do you think would happen if you gave Brady another one or two of the premiere receivers in the league? There's a balance between a good pass and the receiver catching it. I know someone's going to bring up the argument that if Brady was a better QB, his receivers would be better, but we all know it's widely accepted that the receivers are the ones who make the QB look good.