JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Podcast:Episode 3 is now up!

Hero1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i think its good we have negative things to say bcoz we cant just say "Will is great" all the time. I think things should be more balanced like when u dissed born to reign, ok it is one of Wills weakest but u fail to mention its the best thing that came out that year.

Every1 used to love lost and found and now suddenly u dissed that too and pulled up on its only weak point which was no jeff. Thats the only thing wrong with the album. I think we just have to be careful coz if people listen to it and think Wills fans dont like his album then they wont want to buy it. We do like it, i just think the wrong impression was given by the podcast.

Yeah 2002 was a s*** year period, "Born To Reign" was far from the worst album, yes there's nobody out there with a perfect discography, every great recording artist has dropped a weak album, but if they're great they always come back strong and that's what Will did here....

Now I don't get how y'all could say that the beats on "Lost and Found" sounded the same? I don't forget how we'd all say how great production it was when we thought Jazzy Jeff did it, you have to be music on what it sounds like not always who does it! I mean the weakest beat on the album was probably done by Jazzy Jeff like y'all stated there, I think Freshmen held their own on producing some solid tracks, much better than all that commercial production out there now, we'd like another "Willenium" production but that might cost too much money, that album had at least 100 samples on it, it's harder to make those type of albums these days unless your name is Kanye West even though his production sounds more towards Trackmasters than Jazzy Jeff... Will had a bigger budget to do that when his previous album sold 10 million....Think of this way though acting has kept money in his pocket where he'll always be able to afford to release an album to the public, a lot of rappers his age can't say that, you know who, lol.... The one thing that'd really get Will more street credability is if he put money out to establish his Overbrook label and sign all these dope mcs the same way Dr. Dre signed wack mcs to lose credability so I think Overbrook could put Aftermath out of buisiness and put an end to these studio gangstas, people'll calling Will the pope of rap, lol...

Edited by bigted

well i think its good we have negative things to say bcoz we cant just say "Will is great" all the time. I think things should be more balanced like when u dissed born to reign, ok it is one of Wills weakest but u fail to mention its the best thing that came out that year.

Every1 used to love lost and found and now suddenly u dissed that too and pulled up on its only weak point which was no jeff. Thats the only thing wrong with the album. I think we just have to be careful coz if people listen to it and think Wills fans dont like his album then they wont want to buy it. We do like it, i just think the wrong impression was given by the podcast.

We need Julie on the next podcast.

Julie I remember in one of our failed podcasts we were dissing born to reign and you were sticking up for it :kekeke: :kekeke:

and whats so funny about that. Theres nothing wrong with born to reign. U all sound as if you'd rather swap your b2r copy for eminems greatest hits the way u talk. :thumbdown: