JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LL COOL J - Todd Smith

fan 4ever

I found this on mtv.com!

LL Cool J has a couple of records on the underground circuit right now, one with Freeway ("What You Want") and one with Juelz Santana ("It's LL and Santana") — and that's just the start of his collaborating. Uncle L is in the lab working on a new album called Todd Smith and he wants it out on March 21. So far he's gotten down with Lyfe, Mary Mary, 112, Teairra Marí, Mary J. Blige, Ginuwine and producers Scott Storch, Jermaine Dupri, Track Masters and Bink. ...

I can't believe he's doing songs with freeway and Juelz Santana but not with JJFP!

The game needs a JJFP & LL Cool J song.... :word:

I thought you were a Roc fan fan4ever what u complaining about Freeway for? Jay'll probably jump on a remix too 'cause that's all he does these days...If JJFP get on Def Jam, we'll probably have a JJFP + LL collab.... I think Todd Smith is the name of the clothing line he's supposed to drop, that's what I thought this was about...

Edited by bigted

I thought you were a Roc fan fan4ever what u complaining about Freeway for?

I'm not complaining...i'm just saying that I can't believe it! Freeway is cool, not the best MC in the game or something, the same for Juelz Santana, but these cats aren't the best hip hop got to offer!

I was just thinking, "damn, LL is making song with all these cats but not with JJFP? How come?"

Well they probably don't have time to hang out with each other, after all Will's probably been shootin' his film the past few months that LL's been working on his album, and when Will was working on his album LL was out touring, they just do collabs with those who drop by the studio I guess, I don't think LL thinks Freeway's better than Will or I don't think Will thinks Snoop's better than LL, so what why did Jay-Z have Eminem produce on the "Black Album" instead of Jazzy Jeff? I'm sure he don't think Em's better at producing than Jazzy...

Edited by bigted

Yeah true. And there os soemthing else.. LL allways took some young talnets on his Albums. He didit with Fat Joe on Mr. Smith. He took Canibus on Phenomenom and he took Ja Rule on The G.O.A.T. And now he takes Freeway and Juelz, probably becaus he thinks they have big potencial. Thats just waht LL likes too do.

Will sorta likes to do more things on his own too, he don't really collab with too many other mcs, except on "Willenium", he put Kel Spencer on there who was a new rapper then, that'd been the perfect album for LL to be on, he should've had a verse on "So Fresh", they could've of added a few more ol' school mcs and made it a 15-minute song like "Rappers Delight", even if that meant cuttin' a couple tracks in the beginning of the album off and that'd made it the greatest album ever! I think that's why LL might get respect than Will 'cause he works with a lot of the current new mcs in the game all the time, it shows that he could still hang with everyone from all the different eras on a track, that's what made "G.O.A.T." so great, it's like Jordan making the all-star game with Dr. J and with Vince Carter, LL truely is the Michael Jordan of the rap game, still the top dog on the all-star rap label Def Jam, it nice to have all the guest appearances but it's clear that LL runs the show...

Edited by bigted

After listening to "Whatcha Want" with Freeway and "Juelz and LL" with Juelz, I'm convinced that LL's 12th album is gonna be his best since "The G.O.A.T." album and should convince more people to put him #1 on their lists, a lot of commercial clowns like 50'll be hanging up the mic after this drops! :mygod:

Edited by bigted

Freeway and Juelz Santana did quite well on the features and they're probably gonna be the worst songs so just imagine what the rest of the album'll sound like, I bet the song with Mary J.'ll be the best one, but let's be clear this is LL's show and he don't need anybody on a track with him but it shows the younger rap fans that LL could outspit their favorite rapper, that's why I think it'd be funny to see Will go on and murder 50 Cent on his own album, lol, we might not want Will to do a track with 50 but I think it'd show all those teenyboppers that Will could outspit 50 Cent when before they wouldn't buy Will's album 'cause MTV don't play him all day anymore, LL knows how to stay relevant like this, if he did tracks with ol' school rappers nobody except a few ol' school fans would buy it...

I'd really love for Pete Rock and DJ Premiere do some producing on here instead of Trackmasters and JD, that's what'd make the album perfect...

Edited by bigted

After listening to "Whatcha Want" with Freeway and "Juelz and LL" with Juelz, I'm convinced that LL's 12th album is gonna be his best since "The G.O.A.T." album and should convince more people to put him #1 on their lists, a lot of commercial clowns like 50'll be hanging up the mic after this drops! :mygod:

Do the tracks have that agressive street vibe to them? I like "1 in the morning" and "Feel the beat" type songs more than "paradise" or "Apple Cobbler".

After being disappointed that he did stuff with Juelz Santana and Freeway...the rest of those artists he's working with sound dope.

Dou you actualy hate al Mc`s that arent`in the game since 1990? lol

I mean ok Juelz isn`t that good but it could be worse. But Freeway is realy good. He can rap as hell.