JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will signing to Koch?

Frenetic

His deal with interscope is just distribution and promotion wise.

Now as we know, alot of us have been unsatisfied with the singles released, or mostly the time they've been released and so. And the promotion.

Now what if he signed with Koch? Koch distributes cd's. u get like 4-9$ per cd sold, but u have to pay for ur own vid's, ur own promotion and u have to pay for the guest appearances directly from your own pocket.

But on the other side... YOU decide what kind of promotion you do, you choose the singles and u have more freedom to do whatever u want. alot more responsibility on the artist.

How would that be?

I think that would actually be a good idea! If Will could choose the songs he wants to release and choose how he wants to promote it, he would getting a lot more recognition than he does right now! He could probably afford to have his own videos and guest appearances too, so I think that would be a good move for his career if he did that. :word:

That'd really be a good move for both Koch and Will, Koch needs to have a big name on there and Will'd have more creative freedom than he'd on any mainstream label....

People say Koch is not a good label cause they never go Plat. But that's cause their artists ain't got so much money from the beginning. But Will is LOADED. he could easily afford a huge promotion tour.

I think that would actually be a good idea! If Will could choose the songs he wants to release and choose how he wants to promote it, he would getting a lot more recognition than he does right now! He could probably afford to have his own videos and guest appearances too, so I think that would be a good move for his career if he did that. :word:

No. Caus yes maybve he could release every Song he want`s but that doesn`t matters caus nobody would come to hear it anway. It wouldn`t be on Tv or something. That wahts up with Indie Labels. It would happen the same way to like to KRS.

No. Caus yes maybve he could release every Song he want`s but that doesn`t matters caus nobody would come to hear it anway. It wouldn`t be on Tv or something. That wahts up with Indie Labels. It would happen the same way to like to KRS.

Read the info again. If u got money... u can get big. if u don't u wont. Will's got the money.

KRS got millions of dollars but there's no way he's got Will Smith money, he ain't making 20 million a film, KRS needs to be on an independent label or else he'd be broke, Kanye's selling 2 million on Def Jam and yet he's $600,000 in debt so I'd imagine how much debt KRS would be in with a gold record on Jive records, being on independent label is KRS' source of income, he had to go independent, he'd probably like to promote his stuff too but he don't wanna be broke doing it, all he does is rhyme, his only passion is hip-hop, he don't do anything on the side like Will does, it's 2 different situations, Will has enough money to start his own label, he don't have to sign to anybody actually, Will could actually help Koch become a mainstream label the way that Dr. Dre helped Interscope become mainstream, that used to be an independent label too...

Edited by bigted

That is not a bad idea once you consider the amount of money Will has. Sure, KRS has some money, but it doesn't compare to Will, not many people do. As long as he was willing to put forth enough of his own money, it would be good, because he would really have no restrictions on what he could do. Signing with Def Jam wouldn't be bad either, him and LL could get on a track together, I would prefer Def Jam over Interscope, definitely.

Koch makes sense 4 some artists...but not for FP. They distribute alot of artists who should be topping the charts and selling millions, but aren't. Most people don't even know that Boyz II Men and Montell Jordan released albums since they were on that label.

You know if Will spends all of his money to promote an album on Koch and it flops then we might not get anymore albums from him, he might have to go to acting full time just to stay out of debt, that sounds like a fantasy if he could make an independent label popular, but there's too much risk... :thumbdown: btw, KRS had problems with Koch in 2003 when they released his "kristyles" album prematurely with less tracks than what he wanted so is there really creative freedom? Not to mention how is Talib Kweli's new album doing, didn't even know it came out? Exactly! It won't work, face it. :paperbag: Will should go to Def Jam, he should've started his career there in the first place and they probably wouldn't drop him even when "Code Red" flopped 'cause they didn't drop LL when "14 Shots..." flopped...